Poll: A Heroic Leveling Difficulty for 1-109 ?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Do an Ironman challenge. Grind it with no quests only using gear you can buy from vendors, and if you die delete the character and start again.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    No. This is not single player game. Difficulty modes don't belong in MMORPG.
    What. Difficulty modes have existed in MMO's for longer than they have not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    The majority of players wants to XP the fastest from 1 to level max. It's cool.

But a minority of us, wants to :
    - take time while leveling
    - feel the nostalgy of the old zones, instead to have to change zones every 2 hours because XP is too fast

It's the problem : xp is too fast, even without heirlooms.

The solution : An harder mode of difficulty for XP, like raids and dungeons have.

Exemple : When activate the Heroic Leveling Difficulty, a quest that used to give me 14k XP will give me 8,5k. And the damage of all mobs under max level (1-109) will hit +50% harder and they will have +50% more life (as affixs do).

Note: the heirlooms wouldn't works in this Heroic Leveling Difficulty.

What do you think about that ?
    ...How is this going to make the leveling experience better? Having things get harder, give less reward and be more restrictive, is maybe gonna make you happy, but what do you get from it? Why should other people play this way? You can pretty much already do this by just the iron man run.

WoW needs additions to the leveling experience, better tools and more systems to make it fun, not restrictions that make it simply more boring. A mob who does nothing but melee is not gonna get more fun by having 50% more hp and dmg. You are also just gonna break some mobs, who actually are designed to challenge you.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    Do an Ironman challenge. Grind it with no quests only using gear you can buy from vendors, and if you die delete the character and start again.
    Can't think of less interesting gameplay.
    Here's all these cool set-pieces, lore, story, and character advancement. Oh, you're going to sit in a corner and grind mobs until you hit max level? That's cool I guess.

10+ Year Old Account

- feel the nostalgy of the old zones, instead to have to change zones every 2 hours because XP is too fast

The solution : An harder mode of difficulty for XP, like raids and dungeons have.

Exemple : When activate the Heroic Leveling Difficulty, a quest that used to give me 14k XP will give me 8,5k. And the damage of all mobs under max level (1-109) will hit +50% harder and they will have +50% more life (as affixs do).

Hmm, no thanks. I don't mind slow leveling but this basically disables some of the things added, as well as putting you outside the gap. One could try and level without heirlooms at first hand. Still fast but not as fast. Just think, this is more of a niche, many would do it just for a bit and then go back in to how it was.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    Ironman challenge is allowed to do quests, just not wear any greens or above.

Solo, no groups, no dungeons etc.

Nostalgia is the cancer killing this game

Or you can move on when you finish the zone and not worry about your XP

In the end your main concern is seeing the entire zone, you can do that on a max level character if you want.
    Even at an appropriate level there is absolutely nothing challenging about them so why would it matter? Just play at your own pace and ignore the xp part.

Just implement level scaling for every zone within the game. For example, the zones would be scaled as follows:

a) (Cataclysm Additions) + Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor (1-60)
    b) Northrend/Outland (60-80)
    c) Pandaria/Draenor (80-100)
    d) Broken Isles (100-110)
    e) (Presumption: Based on Leaks): Kul Tiras (110-120)

Note: At the end of the 8.0 series, the upcoming expansion content would be rolled into the Broken Isles tier for the following scenario: Broken Isles/Kul Tiras (100-120)

To be frank, short of WoW II, this is the best scenario for the life of the game.

P.S. Also, it would be nice if they had a dedicated team that focused specifically on updating certain zones throughout the life of the game, e.g. they would periodically release graphical, software, questing, and lore updates to the older zones in a rolling method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancunchi View Post
    Nostalgia is the cancer killing this game
    Pretty much. The amount of stupid game decisions made for this game in the name of nostalgia (from both players AND developers) has been ruining this game for years.

OT: No. Just no. We don't need heroic leveling just like we didn't need mythic dungeons, just like we didn't need mythic raiding. It's just a nonsensical system that forces you to go through the same content again and again and again if you want to progress your character farther. It isn't fun. It isn't inventive. And worst of all it's probably the laziest thing Blizzard could put in place of actual content for this game.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    I leveled so many characters and left them at 80-90 that I feel like I know every quest by now
    So leveling again on harder difficulty is not my thing,but I can see why people dig it.

LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic, Mythic +. Apparently blizzard didn't get the memo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic waste of time?

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    If you really want to experience all zones, why not freeze your XP and complete the zone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    It hasn't ever taken skill to level up. Ever.
    At best leveling was a time sink in Classic, and has been sped up since then.
    The answers to this topic, summarized.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    It hasn't ever taken skill to level up. Ever.
    At best leveling was a time sink in Classic, and has been sped up since then.
    Yes, it has.

It's not a binary divide, that something either takes skill, or it takes no skill.

Levelling was significantly harder back in the day. Mobs took longer to kill, you had to pull more carefully, you could get overwhelmed. Nowadays you run into a pack of 16 mobs and AoE them all down, even though you have the same amount of skill.

If Blizzard tripled the health and damage of all open world mobs, it would take a lot more skill, but it still wouldn't be Mythic raiding or anything. Do you understand that there's a gradient here?

Deleted
    yes only with reward. achi mount pet NOT TRADABLE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    If you really want to experience all zones, why not freeze your XP and complete the zone?
    Going back and forth freezing and unfreezing XP, doable only from one capital per faction, is a pain in the arse. If I could do a tour of azeroth where I am basically guaranteed to enter each zone at its low level bound and leave at its high level bound while doing most of the content in that zone, I'd do it. As it is, we overlevel zones too quickly.

I'd personally like to combine that with a difficulty increase, even if it's just that mobs take longer to kill and not that they hit harder.

We have the tech for personal scaling now, as seen in broken isles invasions, and we could apply this to players. "I've toggled The Bronze Dragonflight's Long Walk mode, this means I deal 50% damage to all mobs and gain 66% XP. I gain access to a once per two hours summon that persists through death and aids me in combat in case I suck."

Deleted
    Zone scaling, absolutely, I hope they add it soon to all zones
    What you have described, is how a player with no heirlooms feels
    Done a dungeon other day and tank was moaning that his heirlooms means he misses most of the game, he seemed shocked when I pointed out, you are not forced to use them , they are optional...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I'd be more interested in zone level scaling all the way through than in getting an experience handicap.
    I agree. I'm leveling a DK through TBC content now, and at level 60 I can one-shot some mobs in Hellfire Peninsula. That's pretty ridiculous. I understand reducing the difficulty, but come on!

Good idea. Best is, if you have the choice between normal leveling and heroic leveling.

Rewards could be something like that:
    acm
    pets
    Mounts
    titles
    transmog sets

Maybe extra Gold for quests, just a small amount.

This gives you the choice to do it, but wont force you