Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    how any lady, even one as robotic as TM, could fail to be all smiles while holding the hand of such a big and beautiful orangutan is beyond me
    She was grateful Trump was grabbing her hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also like the OP claiming the euro will drop, completely ignoring the recent trade deal with Japan that generates a new market for "food" exports. Something the EU took a hit in the last years.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post

Better the US than China or Russia.
    how about being part of europe as a leading member ? was the status quo so bad ?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    how about being part of europe as a leading member ? was the status quo so bad ?
    Note how I didn't list the EU?
    I didn't because I think that the UK would be better off as member of the EU or even as a satelite.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I also like the OP claiming the euro will drop, completely ignoring the recent trade deal with Japan that generates a new market for "food" exports. Something the EU took a hit in the last years.
    It likely will it is loosing a pretty massive amount of its wealth especially if the UK tells them to go fuck themselves with the idea of getting a settlement.

The Europe union is not in a healthy state right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    It likely will it is loosing a pretty massive amount of its wealth especially if the UK tells them to go fuck themselves with the idea of getting a settlement.

Your knowledge about matters Europe has always been lacking, so i'm not sure what you aim to achieve with yet another empty statement about this. The idea that you think the UK would do well by merely blowing up the talks if they ever get serious enough about them is beneficial to anyone says enough really. However your kind believes protectionism and acting tough is a way to get ahead in the world as a nation so i pretty much lower my expectations when talking to you

So claiming the EU is not in a healthy state without actually giving any sort of hint on what level, i guess one of your fringe news sites told you that.

Also nobody ever questioned that the UK leaving would be a financial hit for both sides, well nobody sane. The EU side never denied this, the UK side however claimed the grass would become instantly greener.

Deleted
    What many people seem to forget is that Trade Deals are never created "Soon"™

They take years to create and one that is charged out in a few weeks or months will be full of loopholes, gaps or will be completely one sided. Also the UK is lacking trained negotiators, since it was using EU negotiators since joinning.
    From the US side Trump cannot gurantee a trade deal. Since that is up to the American Congress to decide.

More then likely the UK will revert to the WTO normal trade rules for a few years until proper trade deals written.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Note how I didn't list the EU?
    I didn't because I think that the UK would be better off as member of the EU or even as a satelite.

http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschla...ble-zeit-forum

source is german but the video is in english beware: english is not their "mother tongue"..
    The door is not slammed shut until it really happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschla...ble-zeit-forum

source is german but the video is in english beware: english is not their "mother tongue"..
    The door is not slammed shut until it really happens.
    That's not really relevant to the post I made.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Only if the UK stopped dragging EU's GDP growth...

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-growth-league

Stop reading 2010-13 fringe news sites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    More then likely the UK will revert to the WTO normal trade rules for a few years until proper trade deals written.
    The worse part is that the UK have to rewrite tons of regulations and laws, if they want to throw all the EU stuff away. It will take years before that happens, hindering any kind of negotiation.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-07-09 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Man, it's almost as if I and many others predicted that Brexit would lead to the UK becoming a satellite entity of the US.

Shocker.
    Airstrip one baby, Airstrip one.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    She was grateful Trump was grabbing her hand.
    oh good point, I didn't consider that

Deleted
    Trump working hard on splitting europe even more.

What a hypocrite.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

What a hypocrite.
    Hmmm, does anybody else fall for his empty promises ?

The sad part is that he probably thinks he can actually just pull it out of the hat..

Like there are no laws, taxes, interests and regulations that need to be harmonized before this happens.

Muppet indeed.

There's one problem, Trump doesn't actually support free trade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The sad part is that he probably thinks he can actually just pull it out of the hat..

Like there are no laws, taxes, interests and regulations that need to be harmonized before this happens.

Muppet indeed.
    Oh he can do it, i mean the UK doing whatever the US want's is the most likely outcome anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

What a hypocrite.
    It's in his interest, of course, to do that. A split Europe is easier to conquer economically. Making deals with countries rather than the EU gives him a better chance of swinging the terms for America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    I feel a lot of love for Brits in this thread. There's also very little xenophobic generalisation going on at all. Not a shred. So, all's good.

Don't you lot worry, we'll continue drinking out tea and the weather will continue doing it's thing. It'll all be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Oh he can do it, i mean the UK doing whatever the US want's is the most likely outcome anyway.
    Even if the UK took every deal they could get, it would still take time to actually implement the neccessary prerequisites for that. I also doubt the US itself knows yet what it wants from any trade deal in particular.