Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD burned me out due to over all story. Was great for alts though. I fear it carried over to Legion as I find myself logging in purely for the order hall. I feel disconnected to the story. The grind just bored me and the zones didn't really compel me to continue exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I haven't "burnt out" in 9 years straight, Legion has more reasons for me to login than any previous iteration. Love it! I'm actually ALWAYS having to choose between what I want to do, and it feels so good! In WoD it was easy, outside of raiding I'd do daily Garrison chores and then I'd spend the rest of my time doing old content for transmog/mounts.

If people "burn out" when the games has tons of content in the current expansion, perhaps they're just done with the game?
    Excatly what content there is besides ToS? For me it's only ToS 3 days a week and one mythic + for weekly chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least with wod's nothing to do you had some pathetic sliver of incentive to -find- things to do. Legion offers content, but so much of it is mandatory and low-effort or utterly transparent in its timesink nature
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    At least with wod's nothing to do you had some pathetic sliver of incentive to -find- things to do. Legion offers content, but so much of it is mandatory and low-effort or utterly transparent in its timesink nature
    Warlods was by far the expansion that brought most to the table. Garrisons, followers, missions, mythic dungeons and raids, tokens. You always had something to do in warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilaw View Post
    Excatly what content there is besides ToS? For me it's only ToS 3 days a week and one mythic + for weekly chest.
    I simply can't be arsed to account for everything I do in-game, but here's a TLDR-version of what I do on any given day, to varied extents and dosages depending on rewards and characters and such;

Progress characters, professions or their gear or their Artifact weapons, especially now for the Concordance mounts.
    Level characters
    Emissaries for mounts from Paragon rep
    WQ's based on what they offer (Honor, gear, bacon)
    Progress characters on Broken Shore via rares/nether portals
    LFR (one or 2 characters per week max)
    Dungeons (daily with main, 1 or 2 with 1 or 2 alts depending on rewards)
    Mythic+ Dungeons for weekly chest, I tend to spread them out over the week
    Pet Battles
    Brawler's Guild
    Generate gold (saving up 10 million)
    Raid 3 evenings a week.
    Soon I'll be PVPing regularly for Vicious saddles.

And then I haven't even touched upon my frequent returns to old content for various reasons.
    In short, I play the game, and Legion has the most content for me to do at max level alone out of any expansion I've ever experienced.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-07-09 at 07:35 PM.

I'd rather be burned out than be wanting to play and have literally nothing to do (like WoD).

The only things I've really been burned out on has been scrambling to find my weekly M+ for my 15 cache, Mythic raiding when my guild doesn't get the group together, and other stuff I feel like I'll miss out on if I don't do it (emissaries, Broken Shore WQs for Legionfall turnins, etc).

Also managing 12 Order Halls isn't helping either.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    For all that I hated about WoD, I stayed subbed during it. Legion broke me, and for the first time since I bought WoW in early classic I'm unsubbed from the game. While WoD made me feel apathy, Legion makes me feel contempt. Its design is almost cynical in how much it pushes players to just keep grinding.
    There is never an end in sight; you do the same dungeons, get the same gear, pray for the legendaries your spec needs and that RNG doesn't fuck you over. If any one of these things do not line up for you, you pay. There's a multitude of little things you have to hope fall into place to get an upgrade on any given raid night to the degree that it simply feels bad and unsatisfying. When I get that last piece of loot that I haven't been able to get from the raid, it's gone from a feeling of "HELL YES" to a feeling of "ugh thank god it's over."

Legion has somehow mastered a balance out of sucking out the last vestige of fun I found in WoW. While at least in WoD my garrison army kept me subbed so I could farm old raids and mess around with friends on alts, Legion won't even let me do that because of how alt-unfriendly it is in general with alts generally being at a permanent unavoidable power disadvantage compared to players' mains thanks to legendaries and artifact power (less of a problem now, but still a grind).

Games are by design generally a "waste of time" but Legion's design has never rubbed that fact more prominently in your face. Progression is pointless, gearing up is pointless because you're gearing up to do raids you'll likely outgear by the time you're geared enough to do the hardest content available, the design of the expansion feels convoluted for no reason other than to keep players in a skinner box of diehard addiction.
    I feel relieved when i see post like yours, because not only they express in better words (than i have already phrased in this and other threads) my feelings exactly, but also confirm i'm not alone in my perspective. Thanks for posting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    this a silly argument even for fanboys of blizzard like you, which i assume you are becuase of youre signature and profile location.

Having a boss and/or instanced content repeated in a harder difficulty can cause very easily dissatifaction. There exist diffrent sense of progression and achivements, if someone is, to make a wow example, is in their for seeing the boss and defeating it, then he is not gonna be thrilled to kill the same boss on a higher diffculty. Yes it is a far more difficult of a fight with new mechanics, but it still the same boss, in the same envorinment, with majority of mechanics shared. You cant ignore this factors, because if such things didnt matterd blizzard could also copy paste pink blobs as character models. Now that doesnt mean that the the no content argument is in anyway correct but it is rather obvious that this kind of progress is rather something more diablo esque. The critique for example of recolouring mobs and giving them a couple of new attacks exist like almost as long as videogame exist, so its not something wow haters invented it.
    You shouldn't bother or take any of his arguments seriously. This guy/gal has a history of strawman arguments, autistic persistence in his/her one-sided opinion. The latest joke was comparing "Q1 of Legion" to "Q1 of WoD" to reach the funny result that WoW has 6-7 million subs, "because that makes sense". Ignoring the fact that Q1, 2, 3, 4 relate to YEARS and not product launches and that comparisons between financial reports are quarter to quarter (Q/Q) or year to year (Y/Y).

It's ok he/she likes the game still, opinions differ. But don't engage in a discussion with that person, it's like driving your car to a wall.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I simply can't be arsed to account for everything I do in-game, but here's a TLDR-version of what I do on any given day, to varied extents and dosages depending on rewards and characters and such;

Progress characters, professions or their gear or their Artifact weapons, especially now for the Concordance mounts.
    Level characters
    Emissaries for mounts from Paragon rep
    WQ's based on what they offer (Honor, gear, bacon)
    Progress characters on Broken Shore via rares/nether portals
    LFR (one or 2 characters per week max)
    Dungeons (daily with main, 1 or 2 with 1 or 2 alts depending on rewards)
    Mythic+ Dungeons for weekly chest, I tend to spread them out over the week
    Pet Battles
    Brawler's Guild
    Generate gold (saving up 10 million)
    Raid 3 evenings a week.
    Soon I'll be PVPing regularly for Vicious saddles.

And then I haven't even touched upon my frequent returns to old content for various reasons.
    In short, I play the game, and Legion has the most content for me to do at max level alone out of any expansion I've ever experienced.
    Glad to hear that some1 enjoys those

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    So, more than any other expansion, including Vanilla, I feel utterly burnt out from Legion at this point. I feel now how I usually do come the end of an expansion that you've been farming the end tier for, for months. I don't know what it is, but I feel so uncompelled to level my alts, knowing the sheer amount of things you have to do at 110. The constant WQ repetition has been madenning, what's that? Do the same WQ for the 50th time?

AP was really fun at first, now it feels tiresome. I have literally tried logging into WoW about 6 times this weekend each time to just stare at my character for about 30 seconds before logging off in boredom. Hell, even the fact ToS is out just doesn't interest me. I don't know, I still love the game, but Legion has just burnt me out, and I want to know if anyone else is tired already of Legion.
    you never played WoD did you?
    also really is there that much to do at 110 for alts?
    i mean, i sent them AK40
    did their campaign
    i did the intro to the broken shore
    did the short quest to unlock their artifact
    and now they are bassicly ready to raid
    there is other stuff that i can do here and there, im doing the daily quest to go find a chest, because at the end every 3 days i can get free nethershards bassicly, for a chance at hitting a jackpot
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Ding ding, we have a winner. There is plenty to do.. it just sucks, because you've been doing it for 10months + at this point. It's a hardcore grind with very casual content. It's not engaging or particularly interesting.
    So like every mmo in the history of MMO.

Vanilla you were basically grinding mobs.
    BC had a few dailies and mob grind
    Wrath, Dailies, mob grind
    Cata Dailies, Mob grind
    MoP, Dailies
    WoD... No dailies. But that was because the community cried about having dailies that Blizzard went "Fine No Dailies." and hell the crowds at the announcement cheered it.
    Legion WQs, Max level quest zones, Mob Grinds, class quests (maybe too much focus but that was also something the community screamed for).

Also of course raids, dungeons and small other things.

Seriously though, given the confines of what can be done within WoW either through time for devs to make something happen or limit on the engine. What exactly do you want? Hell I'll open that to everyone in this thread to what do they want in game. (Though if I get multiple replies I bet I'll get answers from people simply cannot coexist in same game.)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Tbh the "wall grind ap" is gone since a while, unless you pretend to cap legionfall trait in 1 week
    Depends. Is it gone if I don't have the order hall resources for the Knowledge catchup?

Because that's where I am right now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Legion has somehow mastered a balance out of sucking out the last vestige of fun I found in WoW. While at least in WoD my garrison army kept me subbed so I could farm old raids and mess around with friends on alts, Legion won't even let me do that because of how alt-unfriendly it is in general with alts generally being at a permanent unavoidable power disadvantage compared to players' mains thanks to legendaries and artifact power (less of a problem now, but still a grind).
    Yep, I like playing alts, but atm it feels either you have spare half a million gold to buy gear, or you can forget alts until 7.3. I got a fresh alt to ~890 gear and guess what can I do on it, LFR and that's about it. Normal TOS? Req. 900+ Nighthold? Tried few times, it's "old content", people behave as it was faceroll, every single pug I joined wiped on Trillax / Spellblade / Augur and disbanded. Mythic+? No one will invite me into anything above a +7 and even that is hard, if I list a group on my key, no tanks or healers join (my main is a tank, wanted to make a dps alt). Try to do anything with a guild? Everyone has their old favourite 900+ alt they're pugging normal / hc TOS on and won't take my new alt with them, because too low geared. Same for m+, no one will touch anything below 10 and most just want mains to push 1 key to 15 and done for the week.

So generally RIP, either you jumped on the catch-up train with 7.2 where Nethershard gear could carry you into normal then hc NH pugs (which were more plentiful and better quality, now decent ppl ofc moved over to TOS), or you can freeze your alt until next catch up.

Very sad, because for example in 6.2 you could get baleful gear or pvp gear and then start lower spire normal HFC pugs, and go on from there. In older expansions you had badge gear or rep gear or lfr gear that would be barely, but enough to get you into the entry end-game content. Atm pvp gear / nethershard gear is 880 but you need 900+ to get into anything. All thanks to titanforge bullshit. So I have to farm months for titanforges or pay for super expensive BOEs or buy a boost to get into the most basic endgame that isn't lfr.

I pugged in WOTLK, SOO in MOP and HFC in WOD and despite all the "gearscore" and "zerg groups" plague there usually was something left for lower geared people to get into. Now it's nothing. 900 or die. In few weeks it's gonna be 920 or die when general pug community farms enough titanforges from hc TOS. By the time I catch up on the alt to 900 the goal posts will move.

It is a very alt unfriendly expansion. Yeah, I know the usual smartass answer "then don't play alts". But I liked to, I had multiple alts since WOTLK and it was always my joy in WOW to develop alts. Why does the game strip me of something I always enjoyed and could continue for years and now it's suddenly considered an abomination? No, I don't care to play all my 12 "garrison / order hall bitches" just maybe 2-3 alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yep, I like playing alts, but atm it feels either you have spare half a million gold to buy gear, or you can forget alts until 7.3. I got a fresh alt to ~890 gear and guess what can I do on it, LFR and that's about it. Normal TOS? Req. 900+ Nighthold? Tried few times, it's "old content", people behave as it was faceroll, every single pug I joined wiped on Trillax / Spellblade / Augur and disbanded. Mythic+? No one will invite me into anything above a +7 and even that is hard, if I list a group on my key, no tanks or healers join (my main is a tank, wanted to make a dps alt). Try to do anything with a guild? Everyone has their old favourite 900+ alt they're pugging normal / hc TOS on and won't take my new alt with them, because too low geared. Same for m+, no one will touch anything below 10 and most just want mains to push 1 key to 15 and done for the week.

So generally RIP, either you jumped on the catch-up train with 7.2 where Nethershard gear could carry you into normal then hc NH pugs (which were more plentiful and better quality, now decent ppl ofc moved over to TOS), or you can freeze your alt until next catch up.

Very sad, because for example in 6.2 you could get baleful gear or pvp gear and then start lower spire normal HFC pugs, and go on from there. In older expansions you had badge gear or rep gear or lfr gear that would be barely, but enough to get you into the entry end-game content. Atm pvp gear / nethershard gear is 880 but you need 900+ to get into anything. All thanks to titanforge bullshit. So I have to farm months for titanforges or pay for super expensive BOEs or buy a boost to get into the most basic endgame that isn't lfr.

I pugged in WOTLK, SOO in MOP and HFC in WOD and despite all the "gearscore" and "zerg groups" plague there usually was something left for lower geared people to get into. Now it's nothing. 900 or die. In few weeks it's gonna be 920 or die when general pug community farms enough titanforges from hc TOS. By the time I catch up on the alt to 900 the goal posts will move.

It is a very alt unfriendly expansion. Yeah, I know the usual smartass answer "then don't play alts". But I liked to, I had multiple alts since WOTLK and it was always my joy in WOW to develop alts. Why does the game strip me of something I always enjoyed and could continue for years and now it's suddenly considered an abomination? No, I don't care to play all my 12 "garrison / order hall bitches" just maybe 2-3 alts.
    I have 3 900+ characters (one being my main with 916 in a heroic raid atm), I geared them up with a friend where we both were tank and heal when 7.2.5 hit. We farmed the nether-shards for 1 week and then pushed our own keys endlessly for gear (both Paladin/Druid so we could gift gear to ourselves) Another 2 weeks later we were both 900 already on 2 fresh 110 characters that started a couple days after 7.2.5 hit. This method still works as we currently both are doing the same with a monk.

It's a MMO get social find at least 1!!! friend and do m+ with him preferably with a heal/tank combo. You can cherry pick high ilvl DD for that. When you get decent tank/heal gear you can just select DPS preference as your gear choice and gear that up as well.

Gl in your endeavors.

Deleted
    Getting burned out on a game? Well, have you thought of playing it less? -.-'

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    do m+ with him preferably with a heal/tank combo. You can cherry pick high ilvl DD for that. When you get decent tank/heal gear you can just select DPS preference as your gear choice and gear that up as well.
    Yep well that's the problem, first I levelled all tank classes, found the ones I enjoyed and stuck with them. Then I decided to try healing, got a resto druid up, my old main from tbc, and then I realized I don't find healing fun anymore.

After having all the tanks (benching the ones I found boring and continuing with the ones I found intersting) I wanted to get at least 1 dps char, my old favs were ele shaman, spriest and hunter, tried shaman, no matter what I did with it, didn't like it, checked priest, it's one of the worst dps for casual play now (I mean for high-end raiding is not bad, there are several multi dot fights in TOS but for dungeons it's not really fun). So that left me the hunter, and I was also interested in trying mage or warlock. But guess what, they can't offspec so they're busted.

Guess I'm back to tanking because that I can actually join groups with. Worst part is every time I need to find a guild for raiding because my old disbanded (happens roughly once per expansion sometimes more often) people are like "why don't you play a ranged dps like mage or hunter you'd have easier time finding a guild, tank spots are always taken", yeah and every time I decide to play a dps it's "why the heck do you play a dps instead of something useful like a tank or healer?" Also for some reason the classes that can offspec into tank / heal often have poor dps specs, well unless you enjoy warriors (I don't like melee).

I admit it was probably my mistake investing into ele shaman during 7.2 when the catch up mechanisms allowed me to jump into normal NH then heroic. I immensely enjoyed the spec in late Cata and throughout MOP, but atm it's just a husk of its former self. Should have invested into hunter / mage / lock instead, now it's too late, let's hope 7.3 will fix it.

And as I said, most of my friends and guildies either don't alt at all (they never did or Legion discouraged them) or they have 1-2 alts that are already well into 900s and not interested into playing the "gear up game" on another.

Few months ago the situation was better, I pugged stuff on my shaman from normal EN to Nighthold, did whole balance of power questline and stuff, so maybe in 7.3 there's gonna be an opportunity again. Since the changes to m+, no 3-chest etc. gearing up through spamming lower m+ is much slower. Maybe it is for the better, because the 3-chest timer was creating lots of stress and was really strict on some dungeons if you didn't overgear them (COS, EOA, even MAW post 7.2), the 2-chest timer was usually fine but the 3-chest was creating the whole gogogo rush atmosphere and promoting "boosting".

But yeah, launch Legion was super alt unfriendly, 7.1.5 made it barely tolerable, 7.2 and a slew of hotfixes made it amazing (BOA AK40 MVP), but now alts / returning players are gonna fall behind again, I'd assume 7.3 is gonna be another "good time to come back" patch. At least the PTR changes to AK for 7.3 look promising and also Blizzard said something about more catch up mechanisms on Argus. Not sure why did we have to wait more than half a year until alts became "playable" in this expansion, from wotlk to wod I never really found that many obstacles to building up alts. Can't say for TBC and earlier since in TBC I didn't even have an alt, but I guess with all the attunements and required reps for dungeons it was pretty alt unfriendly.

Definitely. Rng permeating every facet of the game has sucked any sense of progression or achievement. World quests are such lazy design: they turned leveling quests into endgame dailies and that's suppose to be content? The wait for flying was..idiotic. I don't really find anything exciting or fun in this expansion. It feels like everything is designed to be tedious and annoying. I'm honestly starting to wonder if the devs want to end WoW.

I recall people saying they were " burned out " from doing the daily quests in Mist of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I recall people saying they were " burned out " from doing the daily quests in Mist of Pandaria.
    Yep, then the demands for absolutely no dailies came about. We all know how that ended up

MoP was my quickest burnout. I just couldn't bring myself to give a flying fuck about pandas.

A lot of you sound like you are just done with MMO's, like quitting within 2 weeks of release or hating the continuous hamster wheel character progression (lol srs, its a fucken mmo)

Pretty much played Legion every day since its release and still enjoying it, I like it more now I'm not on the hunt for legendarys nor grinding for 52 traits so basically being able to cherry pick WQ's.

Alts were disastrous at the start, I can completely understand peoples complaints but now with the instant ak40 and legendarys easy to come by, its perfectly fine.

I was bored of WoD very early on but I played the garrison the entire expansion and made millions, easily the worst one yet.