Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    All those guild have complete different rosters though right? I don't know much about Exorsus, can anyone clarify?
    Outside of their GM and maybe Afiya(the guy who makes their addons) i don't think there's anynone left from Wotlk/Cata days and another couple from MoP. Guild had a major break-up in the beginning of WoD and most of their core went and created Openness, you can see how they're doing now. So it's basically all new people from that point on. Even their current roster is already very different from their NH one.
    Last edited by FareweII; 2017-07-09 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    OMEGAZULUL
    real comedy gold right there my dude.

my guy bay talks about representation when he literally forced his way into the spot he's at with finalbosstv that started as a complete joke that nobody took seriously with equally hilarious co-hosts and then kind of just got to where it is now because anybody actually worth a shit stopped doing wide coverage for the most part

then he shits on limit for sales when his guild does sales too l m a o
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-07-09 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    They even did it this tier /shrug
    Like all guilds did.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Stay Frosty View Post
    That one raid also shouldn't be used to compare to today's because it was the only raid really like that with such a grind. Let's not act like attuning for MC/BWL was as similar... I mean, there's a reason Blizzard purposely remade it for WotLK and it wasn't for nostalgia purposes.
    wasnt nefarian the one that needed a back that request mats in onyxia's lair?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    real comedy gold right there my dude.

my guy bay talks about representation when he literally forced his way into the spot he's at with finalbosstv that started as a complete joke that nobody took seriously with equally hilarious co-hosts and then kind of just got to where it is now because anybody actually worth a shit stopped doing wide coverage for the most part

then he shits on limit for sales when his guild does sales too l m a o
    Do you have some personal obsession with Bay? Seems like a lot of your posts are going out their way to be salty against him

Like I said earlier in this thread, I've been following these races for 8+ years, ToS is probably the most difficult raid Blizzard has developed. The walls for Avatar and Miss'tress are insanity. Even with nerfs, I should take a break this tier before my guild goes 800+ wipes on them.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heallygood View Post
    Do you have some personal obsession with Bay? Seems like a lot of your posts are going out their way to be salty against him
    thus is like my second post out of ~20 talking bad about finalbosstv.

so no, I don't. just facts m8

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=15138/onyxia-scale-cloak

Yup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Like I said earlier in this thread, I've been following these races for 8+ years, ToS is probably the most difficult raid Blizzard has developed. The walls for Avatar and Miss'tress are insanity. Even with nerfs, I should take a break this tier before my guild goes 800+ wipes on them.
    T11 was the hardest I've seen for average boss difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    If you've been following races for 8+ years you would know that ToS certainly isn't the most difficult raid that Blizzard has developed lol.

Literally at no point this entire X-pac have I been in a top guild. yet in the few rare times I have a relevant toon and a handful of connects to people, thats what i made this Xpac in sales. I mean this from the bottom of my heart if you think ANY guild that is not in the top 20 world wasn't doing sales prior to the massive ban wave. You are out of your mind. Even now I STILL guarantee most guilds are, they are just much less upfront about it.

If I showed my MoP/WoD money from selling mythic raids and Cmode boosts. You guys would be disgusted
    Last edited by Serendepityz; 2017-07-09 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    You actually only need a few. You can hide in the corner of the throne platform and not get hit.

Tanks needed it, both for Nef himself and for one of the earlier dragons, it was optional for the rest of the raid.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Not at all, I remember when Exorsus were raiding a solid 16-18 hours or so a day (documented in the race for world first documentary) and they were just in the top 10 iirc. Method and Exorsus wouldn't be competing for world first if previous guilds were involved for sure..
    Exorsus raided the most at that time. Noone was doing more hours during the race.

This doesn't change the fact that legion has given the world first racers the most strain. There's a constant requirement to play to improve to get an edge over the competition. That didn't really exist in previous expansions where there quickly came a point where the only advantage you got was gear from the raids itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

If you've been following races for 8+ years you would know that ToS certainly isn't the most difficult raid that Blizzard has developed lol.
    Key word is probably. Which raids would you put above it in difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    you realize that is a little over half the dps that they would actually need to kill it right?
    Maiden healed the boss for 13%. They didn't get 4th shield because a soaker died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by richardbro View Post
    key word is probably. Which raids would you put above it in difficulty?
    t8, t10, t11, t13, t15

Mythic ToS hasn't even been out for two weeks and people are already on the final boss, with Method having killed the penultimate boss on the last day of week one. I can see KJ lasting at least a week or two more.

I'm not discrediting the difficulty of the raid, it's definitely the hardest one in a while. Just not the hardest in 8+ years.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-07-09 at 08:31 PM.

t10, t11, t13, t15
    So you explicitly excluded Firelands, but put in Dragon Soul?

t10, t11, t13, t15
    T10 is debatable excluding LK, since im mostly talking about mid bosses. T11 and 15 might have a case, but T13 theres no way.

The most difficult boss ever was the lich king. Not even 200 guilds killed him cutting edge. And this although the players had at least a 10% + buff.

Compared to cutting edge guldan...... 1500 guilds killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    The most difficult boss ever was the lich king. Not even 200 guilds killed him cutting edge. And this although the players had at least a 10% + buff.

Compared to cutting edge guldan...... 1500 guilds killed him.
    And what do you define as "Cutting Edge" for LK?