Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Any idea on when the new stuff is coming?
    DE: Soon™

10+ Year Old Account
    I played the hell out of Warframe for a while, but that map/void update positively ruined the game for me. This open world stuff sounds intriguing though, so I may have a look at it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

It's a relay with enemies. Whoopty-fucking-doo. Meanwhile the starchart is still dead, DE just replaced chasing Void keys with chasing fissures.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It's a relay with enemies. Whoopty-fucking-doo.
    You didn't watch the livestream apparently.

Meanwhile the starchart is still dead, DE just replaced chasing Void keys with chasing fissures.
    How is the starchart "dead"? It serves it's purpose by guiding players through each combination of mission and tile set. Fissures are a far better system than void rotations ever were, as you can now pick which list of items you want to farm for in a span of 1-5 minutes instead of spending upwards of twenty minutes of farming just for a chance of getting a certain item off of an item list... if your team even sticks around that long. Furthermore, with fissures, you can upgrade your fissure keys to improve your chances of getting the drop you want.

It's a relay with enemies. Whoopty-fucking-doo. Meanwhile the starchart is still dead, DE just replaced chasing Void keys with chasing fissures.
    Void fissures, dailies, invasion, and kuva spawn across the entire star map.
    I have 2508 hours logged and I still find things to do.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Either people spend a fortune on this game or the developers really love working on it. Either way, even if I rarely play it, it's pretty exciting to hear about the new content.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Void fissures, dailies, invasion, and kuva spawn across the entire star map.
    I have 2508 hours logged and I still find things to do.
    Precisely my point. Those are alerts; would you go to those nodes if there wasn't a time-limited thing there?
    The only reason to do the actual nodes after a time is to get the relics so you don't have to do the nodes.
    I want there to be more reason to do the nodes themselves. Ideally I'd want each node to have something specific you can only get from there--could easily give each node a specific cosmetic reward to promote going there specifically.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Open world zone seems pretty rad. I need to carve out some time to re-learn the game, it's been so long since I last logged in, and even then I hardly recognized the game from the time I played prior.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Either people spend a fortune on this game or the developers really love working on it. Either way, even if I rarely play it, it's pretty exciting to hear about the new content.
    Considering how many players Warframe China brought in, as well as the fact that DE was able to expand - creating a new team to work on a new game - I'd say it's the result of many, many people pitching in on this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Precisely my point. Those are alerts; would you go to those nodes if there wasn't a time-limited thing there?
    The only reason to do the actual nodes after a time is to get the relics so you don't have to do the nodes.
    I want there to be more reason to do the nodes themselves. Ideally I'd want each node to have something specific you can only get from there--could easily give each node a specific cosmetic reward to promote going there specifically.
    They've been doing for over a year now. Certain missions now drop exclusive items. Ivara parts from different spy missions, Octavia parts from certain moon missions, Harrow parts from certain defection missions, certain synthesis targets spawn in certain missions, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Considering how many players Warframe China brought in, as well as the fact that DE was able to expand - creating a new team to work on a new game - I'd say it's the result of many, many people pitching in on this game.
    I don't keep up with Warframe but yeah, I'd say that probably helps, haha. Looks like now is a good time to get back into the game and maybe make some progress for a change.

Is this new update going to turn Warframe into an open world MMO or it's just adding some open world missions of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Is this new update going to turn Warframe into an open world MMO or it's just adding some open world missions of some sort?
    It's adding a MMORPG zone on Earth you can visit at any time to undertake quests, craft customizable weapons, participate in events, and fight superboss sentients.

To be honest I keep slacking on this on PS4. Only at like the planet after Earth.

If I get fully into it again I will probably throw down some money for Octavia.

Oh great, archwing .-.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Make any game with good graphics and a absurd ammount of grinding and the chinese will love it

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay... I am conviced to back for while, waiting for 7.3.

Allthough wish i might get some decent plat to buy deluxe skins. My trade skils in game sucks. ;/

Warframe is a guilty pleasure for me. I think the game is pretty shallow, but at the same time I've spent hundreds of euros over de course of a few years and everytime I dive back in, it manages to hold me for months without fail. There is no other game that manages to have this repeat attraction, rarely do I stick to a game longer than a month and rarely does it stick several times. It's just a solid experience. Though having to relearn stuff everytime I come back is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Warframe is a guilty pleasure for me. I think the game is pretty shallow, but at the same time I've spent hundreds of euros over de course of a few years and everytime I dive back in, it manages to hold me for months without fail. There is no other game that manages to have this repeat attraction, rarely do I stick to a game longer than a month and rarely does it stick several times. It's just a solid experience. Though having to relearn stuff everytime I come back is a pain.
    The story of the game unfolds by doing the quests you get from the junctions by unlocking them, actually it has a very nice story of it that reveals the origins of every faction, and the tennos themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    The story of the game unfolds by doing the quests you get from the junctions by unlocking them, actually it has a very nice story of it that reveals the origins of every faction, and the tennos themselves.
    It's shallow in the fact that there's only two game mechanics. That of the 'cards' and that of the specific 'class'/'character' in the game world. You dive, you fly, you jump, you run around and while you do it, you press 1 to 4 and left and or right mouse button. I'm aware I'm describing 99% of games, but again, it's often accompanied by more diversity than Warframe does. That said, those two basics are extremely well done.

I really don't get much of the story, even though I play through it, at least once, right? I can't really comment. The in-game lore is meh to me.

Is there some catch-up article for people who havn't played since farming void keys was a thing?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Is there some catch-up article for people who havn't played since farming void keys was a thing?
    I haven't seen any, so I'll give the general gist of changes:

- Player hubs have been added in the form of Relays. There were seven relays, but every now and then an event occurs where a relay is attacked by a Formorian fleet (Grinner super-battleships). If players fail to destroy the fleet, the relay is destroyed. We lost six of the seven, and nearly lost the Pluto relay last week. You can access your reputations, void trader, and trade on the relays.

- Reputations have been added in the form of Syndicates. There eight syndicates, six of which are at war with each other. The six syndicates are divided into two allied factions, so you can only join five of the eight syndicates, as the other remaining three will be hostile to you and periodically try to assassinate you. The syndicate reps provide augments mods for Warframes (every frame has three augment mods), syndicate weapons, cloaks, and captura scenes. The syndicates also have their own exclusive Warframe.

- An endgame progression has been added in the form of Focus. It gives you new abilities not tied to your Warframe. You must complete the second quest in the cinematic questline, The Second Dream, to access it. DO NOT GOOGLE IT UNLESS YOU WANT MASSIVE WARFRAME SPOILERS!!!. To start
    The Second Dream
    , you must complete Natah (which can be started by scanning an Occuyst on a Uranus sealab). The Focus system was expanded upon in the third cinematic quest, The War Within.

- Furthermore, (unrelated to Focus), Riven Mods were added by the third cinematic quest. They made every weapon in the game endgame viable... if you're lucky enough to get the riven you want, that is. Rivens were meant to make unpopular weapons endgame viable, as the least played weapons will have rivens which are significantly more powerful. If your already using a popular weapon for endgame, ignore rivens then.

- You can swap out your sentinel for a Kubrow (dog) or a Kavat (cat). There are multiple breeds of each, and have their own unique abilities. For example, Huras Kubrows can cloak itself and you for up to two minutes, and using abilities won't break stealth. Sahasa Kubrows will dig up whatever items you need (have twenty seconds of life support left? He'll dig up a few cans for you). Smeeta Kavats will drop rare mats from the planet you are on every 30 seconds, and so forth. The pets must be maintained however, or they will die (as in, removed from your inventory/unrecoverable).

- Void was revamped; you now get your primes for Void Fissures which spawn ANYWHERE in the star system, which require a fissure key. Fissure key with the item you want on it's droplist., which has made farming easy peesy and quite enjoyable now.

- A void trader called Baro Ki'Teer was introduced; he stops inflation in Warframe. Every two weeks, he'll arrive at one of the remaining relays, and will trade ULTRA RARE AND COOL STUFF for ducats. Ducats are obtained by trading in your prime parts and blueprints. The more prime stuff people have lying around in their inventories, the more enticing goods he'll bring next time. He offers primed mods, exclusive captura scenes, cosmetics, exclusive weapons, etc.

- Captura Mode was added; you can pick a scene in Warframe, pose your frame - spawn in some baddies or invite friends - and then take pictures. You can alter FoV, saturation, insert custom lighting, etc.

- Every player now has their own spaceship (called the Orbiter) which they can customize. You can get different types of orbiters, which provide different air support abilities in battle. Additional rooms on the orbiter are unlocked as you progress through the cinematic questline.

- You can now embark in space combat by attaching an Archwing to your Warframe. It's literally gundam.

- Player movement has been revamped to make the game faster. No more helicoptering; you can just crtl + jump twice as far in the direction you want now.

- You can dual wield a secondary with a one handed weapon

- Melee weapons now have stance mods which provide different combo abilities.

- A new PvP mode called Lunaro was added; it's literally football. And fun too!

- You can save a Warframe loadout to an AI follower, which you can summon in battle to assist you. You can also summon NPC heroes to help you too, such as Clem (a Grineer defector and fan favorite).

- Since Void Keys were removed, about a couple dozen new frames were added, not counting primes. The frames starting from last years have been quite inventive.

- New tile sets: The Uranus Sealab, and two spoiler tilesets from the Cinematic Questline, which you can revisit for regular missions after complete their respective quest. New enemies have been added as well. The Earth tileset was also revamped.

- Additionally, a new enemy faction was added, called Sentients. They are tied into the cinematic questline. Do not research them unless you want spoilers. They are the most powerful foes in the game.

- Two new raids: The Law of Retribution (Abbreviated "LoR", an 8 player, four-part mission where you kill Vay Hek for real), and Jordas Golem (just called "Jordas", where you fight a spoiler superboss in space/Archwing with seven other players).

- - - Updated - - -

Added some additional info in the above post.

As far as major updates go, we are getting Plains of Eidolon soonish, an open world MMORPG zone on Earth where you can visit and play like a MMORPG, accepting quests from locals, participating in local events, etc. It's so big, you will have to use your archwing as a mount to get around. At night, Sentient superbosses will spawn, which will require endgame setups to beat. You will also be able to craft custom weapons (selecting weapon's blade, handle, etc).
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2017-07-10 at 11:09 PM.