Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Jesus Christ, child. Try reading my post. EVE is a year older, the OLDEST subscription model game (though recently FTP) and still produces content. Fans kept Ultima up, and EQ still exists (barely). But tell you what, go ahead with your temper tantrum and lashing out against those who disagree. Keep waving that banner, it will hit you one day. Several posters above spelled it out already: it's just the way gamers are now.
    Ok so nothing to actually debate and just throwing insults at posters because they asked you for solid evidence and said what you were stating is an opinion and not a fact? Gotcha.

Thank you for proving my point. You have no solid evidence a game is dying.

Fans did indeed keep Ultima up. But compared to WoW it's nowhere near it in terms of popularity.

EvE does indeed still product content. But how big is it compared to WoW?

When you want to stop presenting your opinion as fact I will be happy to have a discussion of opinions with you.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-10 at 03:24 AM.

You know what this is? You wake up in the morning and you think to yourself "Oh I gotta get to work". And then you are at work and while you are there you keep thinking "Oh I can't wait to get home!" And then you get home and you think you yourself "Oh, I can't wait to go out tonite!" And so you go out and your sitting there kinda bored and you think to yourself "Oh, I can't wait to get back home". And then you get home and think to yourself "Oh, I can't wait to fall asleep"

Over and over and over. Day after day after day. Get out of the way, grandpa, I gotta keep rushing to the next thing until I'm dead.

The Rush Mentality is real in real life as well. People always trying to move on to the next thing, never really happy in any of it. It sucks.

Why not just get out of that cycle and say to yourself "Hey! I'm going to just enjoy the thing for once! Slow down. And to enjoy it, you do it with good friends who also enjoy it."

Why is that so fucking difficult to understand?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You know what this is? You wake up in the morning and you think to yourself "Oh I gotta get to work". And then you are at work and while you are there you keep thinking "Oh I can't wait to get home!" And then you get home and you think you yourself "Oh, I can't wait to go out tonite!" And so you go out and your sitting there kinda bored and you think to yourself "Oh, I wait wait to get back home". And then you get home and think to yourself "Oh, I can't wait to fall asleep"

Over and over and over. Day after day after day. Get out of the way, grandpa, I gotta keep rushing to the next thing until I'm dead.

The Rush Mentality is real in real life as well. People always trying to move on to the next thing, never really happy in any of it. It sucks.

Why not just get out of that cycle and say to yourself "Hey! I'm going to just enjoy the thing for once! Slow down. And to enjoy it, you do it with good friends who also enjoy it."

Why is that so fucking difficult to understand?
    You know because everyone enjoys their job right? Oh wait. Not everyone can get their dream job either or work simply to pay the bills.

And so what if some people are happy with the simple everyday life? Who are you to tell them to change their lifestyle?

When I had my first job it was simply to get some extra cash for tuition. And it was an awful job at that. I was bloody glad to get home and to sleep each day after work.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-10 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    As for the other 'Rush'

That is because Blizzard is finally doing what they should have done since WotLK. By not trying to put out an Expansion every year or so and instead just accepting that an expac will last two years and putting in tons of content they're solving what the big scream was about for the past 4 Expacs.

Content Drought.

There's a LOT of content, I had 10 alts at 100 and doing stuff on WoD, but in Legion, I can only maintain my main. Maybe it's my lack of patience for doing multiple Mythic+ Keys to 15 each week or I don't spend enough time playing, but I'm satisfied with the amount of content where I was hungry for more back in LK, Cata, MoP and WoD.

So this 'Rush' you're talking about? I think if anything it's bringing people back, and it's kept me subscribed throughout the expac (where normally I'd take a 2-3 month break in the past)
    Now think about starcraft. The last Starcraft expansion was in 1998. No new content after that. And yet the game kept changing and evolving without Blizzard really doing anything. Builds kept getting refined and reworked and game altered drastically within the community over the years.

Now think about Diablo 2. The last xpac for D2 was in 2001. And the game thrived throughout the next decade and its still heavily played today. You can login to D2 and see the game list full of games. And they don't do ANYTHING to update it! Why is that? How can Blizzard offer ZERO content for 16 years and the game is endlessly played?

Because it is SOCIAL! The social activity IS the content and keeps the game fresh! Amazing huh?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Now think about starcraft. The last Starcraft expansion was in 1998. No new content after that. And yet the game kept changing and evolving without Blizzard really doing anything. Builds kept getting refined and reworked and game altered drastically within the community over the years.

Now think about Diablo 2. The last xpac for D2 was in 2001. And the game thrived throughout the next decade and its still heavily played today. You can login to D2 and see the game list full of games. And they don't do ANYTHING to update it! Why is that? How can Blizzard offer ZERO content for 16 years and the game is endlessly played?

Because it is SOCIAL! The social activity IS the content and keeps the game fresh! Amazing huh?
    Funny because D2 is also rampant with goldsellers. That's literally all I see on the Battle.net menu. So what social activity? And I went on each server region. All I saw was literally goldsellers spamming in nearly every channel. And at peak there was like a total of 30 public games on the search function.

Not claiming it isn't a good game. But you are overplaying it way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Funny because D2 is also rampant with goldsellers. That's literally all I see on the Battle.net menu. So what social activity? And I went on each server region. All I saw was literally goldsellers spamming in nearly every channel.
    You log in, you create a fresh level 1, your game fills up and you got 8 people running around playing together. Its fun!

They fucked over Diablo with Diablo 3. They cut it to 4 people, they wiped out adventure mode, you can't create named games, you have your automatch system. They cut the social lobby to talk to people. Its just crap.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-07-10 at 03:40 AM.

You log in, you create a fresh level 1, your game fills up and you got 8 people running around playing together. Its fun!
    Yeah and 2 of them turn out to be goldspammers. So fun.....

That's not social at all. Social implies communication as well. As I said each lobby I went into was rampant with goldsellers. Most of the 30 games I joined in each region had 0 communication.

They fucked over Diablo with Diablo 3. They cut it to 4 people, they wiped out adventure mode, you can't create named games, you have your automatch system. Its just crap.
    Uhm Adventure Mode still exists. You can wander freely in that mode and do the Infernal events among other things.

Also so what about named games? I can still make a game and add people I want to it. D2 had public matchmaking. D3 has a better version.

Also good. 8 players caused insane amounts of lag in D2 with Pet Necromancers.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-10 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah and 2 of them turn out to be goldspammers. So fun.....

That's not social at all. Social implies communication as well. As I said each lobby I went into was rampant with goldsellers. Most of the 30 games I joined in each region had 0 communication.

Uhm Adventure Mode still exists. You can wander freely.

Also so what about named games? I can still make a game and add people I want to it. D2 had public matchmaking. D3 has a better version.
    What are you talking about? I don't think you ever play D2. Its very social.

What are you talking about? I don't think you ever play D2. Its very social.
    Uhm I play it everyday but ok. Social implies communication. All I see is a lobby rampant with goldsellers on each region. Premade/Public games are silent as hell half the time.

So you are telling me you cannot wander around freely and do events in Diablo 3? I don't think you ever played Diablo 3.

Adventure Mode in Diablo 3 allows you to do events such as the Infernal bosses. Just like Diablo 2 let you roam and do the Pandemonium event.

8 players was awful back in the early 2000s. If you had a Pet Necro then it would lag the game to hell.

But alas this is off topic and not related to the discussion at hand so for the sake of it shall we agree to end it before it just becomes derailing?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-10 at 03:48 AM.

honestly, rush mentality is the reason why I usually redo all the dungeons and raids in the next expansion. not because I'm farming them or whatever, but rather because I tend to most often heal through dungeons (but even as dps, the issue is similar) and I cannot even afford to slow down enough to watch a cutscene, let alone look around and marvel at all the incredible job that blizzard's art team keeps doing despite most people rushing right past it. there is a middle ground between waiting 5 minutes before every trash pull and rushing so much that you miss on entirety of the dungeon/raid story because you skipped everything, sprinted past everything. and before anyone mentions youtube - its not the same.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    The "Rush Mentality" which currently defines WoW's gameplay and the community mindset has led me to the conclusion that this game is on the verge of entering its death throes and I can no longer put up with it.

DPS rushing on ahead and pulling for the tank. Intentionally.
    Tanks chain-pulling entire dungeons like complete idiots without a care in the world, then blaming others when things go awry.
    Everyone and their dog ALWAYS doing stuff as fast as possible in vain attempts to get as fast as they can up the gear ladder.
    Leveling being reduced to a power-grind up levels as quickly as possible, and feeling left behind if you don't take advantage of the statistically overpowered heirlooms.
    The constantly funneling of players into the newest content.
    Many bits of content and grinding being time-sensitive, in the sense that they WILL be removed if you don't complete them by the time they're no longer current.
    Even the most friendly guilds and groups proscribing to this attitude and the idea that they NEED to push through content as quickly as possible.
    Insane stat-inflation enabling all of the above behaviours.

Fundamentally speaking:
    The game is currently built in such a way that NO ONE can slow down and simply enjoy the game at their own pace.

Either you hop on board with the "Rush Mentality"... or both the game and the community will push you off the boat because you aren't constantly trying to get ahead.

New players trying to learn the ropes of the game don't even get the chance to get their bearing with the game's mechanics, nor do they get the chance to explore the game world and actually enjoy the many great sights there are in this game. Everything and everyone just pushes them to progress, progress, and progress.

... so yes, I've had enough of this load of ********.

And no, this isn't quite another "I'm Quitting WoW" topic.
    ... or at the very least, not quite yet.

---

At this time, WoW is at the cross-roads.

The "Rush Mentality", the sum of the game's overarching design and the community's driving motivations is looking at going straight off a cliff.

There's no new players coming into the game. Old players are leaving the game as they always do... and it seems like they aren't coming back this time.

By hook or by crook, WoW needs slow down and get rid of it's obsession with quickly progressing and always becoming stronger; players need to be able to slow down, breathe, relax, and enjoy the game. No one should feel they've been left behind if they have to stop playing the game for a few weeks, for any reason, let alone a few days. This is one of the things people forget about Vanilla WoW -- there was no rush back then, and the community was happier for it.

If it doesn't slow down, the game becomes disproportionately stressful and simply not worth playing.

The "Rush Mentaility" is just as much a community issue as it is a game design issue... but the community certainly isn't about to fix itself, so it's up to the game designers to make the appropriate changes to encourage the community to move in the right direction.

Let's hope they do... before the community begins tearing itself apart.
    +1. I hate the rush rush rush through Hc's especially. I used to enjoy tanking but not anymore, there is no skill really. I hate to sound old but I miss the careful CC'ing of trash in TBC dungeons and actual kill orders etc. not just AoE everything!!

Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    There's a LOT of content, I had 10 alts at 100 and doing stuff on WoD, but in Legion, I can only maintain my main. Maybe it's my lack of patience for doing multiple Mythic+ Keys to 15 each week or I don't spend enough time playing, but I'm satisfied with the amount of content where I was hungry for more back in LK, Cata, MoP and WoD.
    There isn't a lot of content, there's just an incentive to redo launch content over and over again. For people like me who don't enjoy dungeons, which are nothing more than 'gonna go fast' fest, aimed at classes with good mobility and one button AoE (so mostly melees), there isn't anything interesting in mythic+ except gear and I stopped bothering about them very early into expansion after running every one of them a couple of times. And what other content have they released since launch? Couple of bland raids, couple of dungeons (Kara is okay one, CoEN is shit), one empty zone. Lots of content? Don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    There isn't a lot of content, there's just an incentive to redo launch content over and over again. For people like me who don't enjoy dungeons, which are nothing more than 'gonna go fast' fest, aimed at classes with good mobility and one button AoE (so mostly melees), there isn't anything interesting in mythic+ except gear and I stopped bothering about them very early into expansion after running every one of them a couple of times. And what other content have they released since launch? Couple of bland raids, couple of dungeons (Kara is okay one, CoEN is shit), one empty zone. Lots of content? Don't think so.
    Just because you dislike the content doesn't suddenly stop it from existing. Legion has had since launch 1 zone, 4 raids, 2 dungeons, Micro holidays, Class campaigns, Trial of Style and the Chromie mini scenario. And tbh I've probably not even listed it all. That was just off the top of my head. Oh and expanding upon launch content such as the Suramar Campaign and World Quests.

Hell we are due even more content in 7.3 in the form of a dungeon, new raid, Legion Rifts and Argus which atm is a Vashj'ir sized area. So 3 mini zones in one huge zone.

Legion has had plenty of post launch content. And also you don't enjoy dungeons yeah? Then I imagine you would have hated Vanilla because your endgame gear aka Dungeon Tier 1 was gated behind it. There is incentive to do Mythic + just like there was back when you were farming your Dungeon Tier pieces.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-10 at 04:08 AM.

Deleted
    Do what the majority of your group want to do or play solo. Easy.

7+ Year Old Account
    The "Rush Mentality" which currently defines WoW's gameplay and the community mindset has led me to the conclusion that this game is on the verge of entering its death throes and I can no longer put up with it.

DPS rushing on ahead and pulling for the tank. Intentionally.
    Tanks chain-pulling entire dungeons like complete idiots without a care in the world, then blaming others when things go awry.
    Everyone and their dog ALWAYS doing stuff as fast as possible in vain attempts to get as fast as they can up the gear ladder.
    Leveling being reduced to a power-grind up levels as quickly as possible, and feeling left behind if you don't take advantage of the statistically overpowered heirlooms.
    The constantly funneling of players into the newest content.
    Many bits of content and grinding being time-sensitive, in the sense that they WILL be removed if you don't complete them by the time they're no longer current.
    Even the most friendly guilds and groups proscribing to this attitude and the idea that they NEED to push through content as quickly as possible.
    Insane stat-inflation enabling all of the above behaviours.

Fundamentally speaking:
    The game is currently built in such a way that NO ONE can slow down and simply enjoy the game at their own pace.

Either you hop on board with the "Rush Mentality"... or both the game and the community will push you off the boat because you aren't constantly trying to get ahead.

New players trying to learn the ropes of the game don't even get the chance to get their bearing with the game's mechanics, nor do they get the chance to explore the game world and actually enjoy the many great sights there are in this game. Everything and everyone just pushes them to progress, progress, and progress.

... so yes, I've had enough of this load of ********.

And no, this isn't quite another "I'm Quitting WoW" topic.
    ... or at the very least, not quite yet.

---

At this time, WoW is at the cross-roads.

The "Rush Mentality", the sum of the game's overarching design and the community's driving motivations is looking at going straight off a cliff.

There's no new players coming into the game. Old players are leaving the game as they always do... and it seems like they aren't coming back this time.

By hook or by crook, WoW needs slow down and get rid of it's obsession with quickly progressing and always becoming stronger; players need to be able to slow down, breathe, relax, and enjoy the game. No one should feel they've been left behind if they have to stop playing the game for a few weeks, for any reason, let alone a few days. This is one of the things people forget about Vanilla WoW -- there was no rush back then, and the community was happier for it.

If it doesn't slow down, the game becomes disproportionately stressful and simply not worth playing.

The "Rush Mentaility" is just as much a community issue as it is a game design issue... but the community certainly isn't about to fix itself, so it's up to the game designers to make the appropriate changes to encourage the community to move in the right direction.

Let's hope they do... before the community begins tearing itself apart.
    Sounds like you are a bit salty.. If you are one of them kind of folks that live in the past.. just accept the fact that they cater to both casual and hardcores.. boo hoooo go cry a river you dont have the spotlight no more it's shared with everyone now.
    Last edited by Dartz1979; 2017-07-10 at 04:42 AM. Reason: it is what it is.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I do kinda wish DPS would get fucking 1 shot if they go ahead of the tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rush mentalities origin lies in the fact that the people run content way waaaay more often than it is fun.

If you want the mentality to go away, you have to design the game to be actually entertaining on it's own instead of throwing rewards at people in order to entice participation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Lots of Raids. Like it or not, Raid is the Bread and Butter of content in the game.

If you don't care about loot and just like adventuring? Well there's TONS of hidden chests and toys to find. Check the old toy shop between 12am and 2am Saturday -> Sunday to find a neat little hidden item!

Archaeology is also a big thing all on its own, pristine relics and neat things to discover.

Fishing has its own Artifact Item. Max that out.. By Fishing!

Get toys and cool stuff by Fishing and Being friendly with Fishermen. But don't let them fish in your panties ;D

ACHIEVEMENTS! Yes get them!

More secrets?! Go be a secret finder, there's literally a discord channel dedicated to people figuring out secret content in WoW.

Invasions! Level alts easily with them cause why not?!

Transmog Farming, now there's a built in closet where you collect sets. Go solo old world raid bosses and complete them.

If you're 'out of content' because you don't like anything then it's not because of a lack of content, you're just not interested in what they're offering. That's your problem, not theirs.

Deleted

.... Can people stop with this crap please? There are way more people online than during WoD, now perhaps EU has it better, but I also see tons of completely new players when leveling up. How do I know they're new? One quick gear and achivement inspect. Only a new player puts on intellect cloth on a feral druid alongside agility leather items while having 50~ achivement points etc.

The game is doing fine.

HOWEVER, I do agree it needs to slow down. The challange atm isnt there at all, and it needs to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I do kinda wish DPS would get fucking 1 shot if they go ahead of the tank.
    I go ahead of the tank when the tank is slow. Then I pull trash for them, but I don't die, because I easily outgear the content