Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    *nod nod *

Also Michelle was great
    But she doesnt have any friends.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    But she doesnt have any friends.
    and she totes wasn't at the party

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    You mean her censored name they forced on her after parents called Derpy Hooves offensive.
    No, that was supposed to be her name. Long before she showed up and when the internet was making a huff about her crossed eyes that was her name. It was to combine with her bubble cutie mark and her hair being blonde, she was plain ditzy.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

time for this dragon to retire to his cave
    g'nite everypony

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    No, that was supposed to be her name. Long before she showed up and when the internet was making a huff about her crossed eyes that was her name. It was to combine with her bubble cutie mark and her hair being blonde, she was plain ditzy.
    But Derpy Hooves was the first name she was called in the show then the complaints came in and they pulled the episode and edited it out then re-released the episode.
    They even changed her voice

But Derpy Hooves was the first name she was called in the show then the complaints came in and they pulled the episode and edited it out then re-released the episode.
    They found a happy medium for the 100th episode and since then I haven't really cared one way or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

[video=youtube;gzV0akONkWs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzV0akONkWs[/vdeo]
    Yes, I know about how the internet was calling her that and that episode. Frankly, I thought it was dumb of them to step away from Derpy, as it didn't show any conviction to keep it that way. The real problem was that anyone not normally a fan just thought they were making fun of this character, in which they thought was retarded, but in reality we only know her as klutzy with an eye problem. It was stupid with the backlash it got. Now of course another problem, albeit minor, was the VA thought that Derpy/Ditzy was a boy, which was a bit annoying if you were a fan of the show. To which then that also had to be fixed. That episode went from changing her name from Derpy to Ditzy, then changing the acting for it, to then also reverting it back from Ditzy back to Derpy (last time I saw the episode they kept Derpy). It's rather fascinating.

Originally though Derpy was called Ditzy and her whole shtick, of blonde hair and bubble cutie mark meant that she was a klutz, ditzy, and bubbly blonde that everyone could have known, you know the one that seems to be accident prone (that cliche), what turned the character to "Derpy" by the internet was the animation mistake with the eye, after that it is history.

I'm not saying Derpy is a terrible name, I just personally do not like it and would prefer to use her original name. It isn't about how PC or SJW it was, but that is her original name and you can't ignore that part. I agree that changing it away from Derpy was dumb, as I hate when studios bow down to the public to that degree. Had that animation mistake not been there no one would be calling her that, and it's good to remember something like that, that she wasn't always Derpy.

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched an early Christmas movie, the best one. Die Hard.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-07-09 at 06:51 AM.

rawr
    morning peeps

rawr
    morning peeps
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ujDaxfWl.jpg[/IG]
    Did you succeed in taking out that Spider pest?

Did you succeed in taking out that Spider pest?
    something like that

something like that
    Threat or Menace?

something like that
    You're J. Jonah Jameson, aren't you?

You're J. Jonah Jameson, aren't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    [sMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/jQmVFypWInKCc/giphy-downsized-large.gif[/IMG]
    Simmer down now simmer down

- - - Updated - - -

Suffer as I have suffered! Have this song stuck in your head for the next millennia!

Last edited by Freyera; 2017-07-10 at 12:41 AM.

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

time for this dragon to retire to his cave
    g'nite everypony

10+ Year Old Account
    Little Witch Academia finished (come on, Netflix, get the rest of the season), now dunno what to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Little Witch Academia finished (come on, Netflix, get the rest of the season), now dunno what to watch.
    If they still have Archer I recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they still have Archer I recommend it.
    I watched it to the point where it stopped being a spy agency, and started being a giant Breaking Bad parody, and got bored. Too bad because it was fantastic before that.

I need a Fairy Tail-styled anime, one with good action and comedy, with a large cast to pick favorites from (and I really don't want to start watching One Piece), or a sitcom styled like Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I tried starting Parks and Rec, hated it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I watched it to the point where it stopped being a spy agency, and started being a giant Breaking Bad parody, and got bored. Too bad because it was fantastic before that.

I need a Fairy Tail-styled anime, one with good action and comedy, with a large cast to pick favorites from (and I really don't want to start watching One Piece), or a sitcom styled like Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I tried starting Parks and Rec, hated it.
    If you want a good Shounen anime with a big cast, I recommend My Hero Academia. It's only 27 eps into it's run, so it isn't super intimidating to start like OP is. The dub and sub are also of similar quality, for what it's worth. I don't think it's on Netflix, though, if that's a deal breaker.

I've heard Parks and Rec gets better after the first season and a half or so, but the first season turned me off of it too.