Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

6/10. Great in some areas, absolutely disgusting in others.

Stealth is "good" (if by good you mean wait for guards to patrol small areas on-rails without much of a thought), gunplay is solid, Adam's voice actor does a good job, and game lenght is also good. The conversation mini-game is one of the best that the genre can offer.

but...

Boss battles are terrible, the worst that I've ever played. Game encourages stealth, boss battles not made with them in mind. Absolutely terrible.

AI is mostly stupid, you can bypass line-of-sight by simply stacking boxes on top of each other

The story is generic and takes itself too seriously - the original Deus Ex was serious, but it had a cheesy, charming hero that always had something funny to say (See this video)

Adam is not as charismatic as JC Denton - He sounds like a scumbag most of the time.

Hacking is a pain in the ass. It is fun on the first tries, but after a while, it gets boring and repetitive. And you do a fuckton of hacking in this game.

I'm going through the Deus Ex franchise. I played the original one last month for the first time, and it is a solid 9,5/10. Human Revolution is NOT AS GREAT as people believe it to be. It has some of the most frustrating flaws that I've ever seen in a first person RPG, and people just seems to ignore because it is a Deus Ex Game.

Yep. 6/10.

Got so say I loved it and I didn't think I would

10+ Year Old Account
    So with the PS3 reaching its end, i decided to use it to play some exclusives.

Recently finished, The Last of us, 7/10.

Game was of reasonable length yet to start the DLC so not sure how long that is, well done game controls i found a bit weird at times but that's probably me getting accustomed to a controller again after being stuck with mouse/keyboard for a long time. Great story, silly ending but that's to be expected since you'll probably see more in a follow up game.

Well worth the play through, now onto Ni No Kuni i simply hope the JRPG doesn't become too much of a grind/drag at one point and the story keeps on being okay.

Outlast 2: 7/10

This game has its ups and downs, but overal its a solid horror game and probably one of my favorites of this year so far. To start with the ups: the graphics look incredibly good, with a great dark atmosphere and great sound effects that completely captures you into the game. The settings are a lot more varied compared to the first game, which only took place inside an insane asylum. The story has gotten a lot better despite the ending being somewhat unresolved, leaving a lot for the player to figure out themselves what really happened. Most of the scares and chase scenes are done well, having a lot more roadblocks (which can also be quite a pain) to deal with.

Then for the downs which sadly loses most of its points: There's only very little gameplay where you actually need to hide, which the first game had a lot off. Most of the time the enemy knows exactly where you are, even if you were staying out of side all along. While I like the chase scenes which is something that the first Outlast did really well aswell, They have done to many of them to the point that it got more of an annoyance to deal with. Another flaw of the game is the lack of good and memorable villains. They have Martha who is the new Chris Walker, but all she does is talk random religious jibberish while we know nothing else about her or how she has gotten that way. Laird and Nick are probably the new Trager, but while Trager is the best part in Outlast 1... Nick and Laird where the worst in Outlast 2. I did like Val though.

Watchdogs 2 9/10

Maybe im late playing this game, but just did a complete playthrough (58 hours with all main missions, DLC missions, getting money backs and research points).

And I LOVED EVERY HOUR OF IT, im actually sad its over, just wanna keep playing

But.. yeah.. the story is really catching, the characters is really good - aspecially Wrech, I'm just in love with him as a character <3

ONLY down thing is still (same as watchdogs 1) the driving, it has gotten better, but it could still get even better.
    And sometimes its hard to stay stealth

10+ Year Old Account
    State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition for XB1 - 6.5/10

Bought the original version on Steam for 5$ over a year ago. Never got past the first area due to lack of interest, lack of high res support, low audio quality, terrible shadows and overall clunky feel. Fast forward to last week, gaming PC finally died. Left with my XB1 and older consoles for a while. XBL had a sale and I got SoD: YO SE for $10 and Rocket League for $12 as I thought it was a combination that complimented each other. I had decided to get it for a nice completely offline game experience and went into it with a different attitude. The shadows were significantly better which resulted in the game not instantly dissuading me from wanting to look at it. Ended up playing more and started to realize it's actually a gem. This would have been a pretty impressive 360 arcade title as IIRC it was one of the last Summer of Arcade games back when people cared about those. Unfortunately it runs quite bad in many areas, and leads me to wonder how bad it ran on the 360. Despite that it's still immersive in terms of audio, gameplay, world design, and is satisfying to experience. I'm now a fan and paying attention to SoD 2. I'm also not aware if the game is easier since supposedly one of the DLC's results in guns dropping significantly more often.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedDarkness View Post
    Watchdogs 2 9/10

Maybe im late playing this game, but just did a complete playthrough (58 hours with all main missions, DLC missions, getting money backs and research points).

And I LOVED EVERY HOUR OF IT, im actually sad its over, just wanna keep playing

But.. yeah.. the story is really catching, the characters is really good - aspecially Wrech, I'm just in love with him as a character <3

ONLY down thing is still (same as watchdogs 1) the driving, it has gotten better, but it could still get even better.
    And sometimes its hard to stay stealth
    Did you like the first one ?
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-07-09 at 11:44 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I just completed Witcher 3 a month or so ago, right now I'm replaying games I've already beaten to try and get Platinum.

Seriously a 10/10 game, no other game felt fun to me for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post

Did you like the first one ?
    Yes definitely!. The character you play in the first watchdogs I liked better. But the story was a bit short in play hours, but good. The driving in Watch dogs 1 is terrible -.- But the first Watch Dogs is definitely worth playing!!

Darkest Dungeon 9/10

Amazing game .. and seems like it have great replayability. only minus is u need to have 2-3 info/guide windows open to look up stuff because there is so much u need to know which is not indicated anywhere ingame.
    Last edited by Schalde; 2017-07-10 at 02:23 PM.

NieR: Automata 10/10

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dex: 8/10.

An indie cyberpunk game that starts very slow, but grows to be one hell of a good game. The combat is satisfying and packs a punch, the visuals are great, and the sidequests are awesome.

The hacking and the main storyline are a bit boring, but overall, I enjoyed my time with Dex.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing quite a few lately.

Nioh: 10/10 so far. I haven't played much of it yet but from the little I have played it was really fun. I was never that crazy about those tough games like Dark Souls but this game feels like it's challenging but not over the top. It feels like it's at a comfortable level and I love that. The combat is awesome and satisfying. Feels great going up against one of the big demon guys and killing it. Feels like you accomplished something.

Yakuza 0: 9/10 so far. This was another game that I haven't played much of yet. From what I played though it's awesome. It plays very similarly to the first Yakuza on PS2 which is when I discovered how great the games were and how much I was missing out. It's cool it plays like an RPG and a fighting game. When you're running around town you encounter groups of douchebags that want to fight you and then it transitions to the combat. It's kind of like those old school RPGs where you encounter monsters while traveling around. Characters are great and actually memorable and you actually care for them. Only reason I didn't give it a 10 was because of the movements and how dated they feel and the fact that there are invisible walls throughout the town preventing you from accessing certain areas which kind of kills the immersion.

Amazing Spiderman 2 (PS4): 6/10 so far. Another game I have only played a little of. It's...ok. My biggest gripe about it is the swinging and the overall movement. Just feels a little too fast and out of control. The city feels small and cramped together which makes web swinging frustrating. Combat is alright. I liked the Arkham style counterattack gameplay but sometimes it's unresponsive and just feels halfassed all around. Spiderman's movement in cutscenes is kind of obnoxious and over the top like they were trying too hard to make Spiderman's body language look authentic. It's really just an average game. It was sort of an impulse buy for me from watching the new Spiderman gameplay from E3 over and over. Felt like I needed a Spiderman game to hold me over until the new one comes out. Kind of regret getting it.

Witcher 3: 9/10. It's just a really great game and it's what really got me into the Witcher series, it became one of my all time favorite series. The story and characters are amazing and have a lot of depth. The only thing keeping me from giving it a 10 is that the controls and movement can be really frustrating at times. Sometimes it's unresponsive, other times the game seemingly takes over and moves Geralt around by itself, and just how buggy it feels at times. Other times it works perfectly. Despite that though I am able to tolerate it because the rest of the game is just too good to let a few small issues get in the way. Seriously if you are a fan of fantasy RPG style games and you have not gotten this game yet do yourself a favor and get it.

Middle Earth Shadows of Mordor: 10/10. I was going to give it a 9 but then when I really thought about it I couldn't think of anything that bad that it deserved to have a point knocked off. I mean there are some frustrating times but it's more on me making bad decisions not the game. The story was really interesting as it tells the story of the maker of the rings of power and Talion's story which is also really cool. I beat the game on PS4 and am now playing the PC version and both perform pretty much perfectly. I haven't had one issue with the game or ran into a single bug. If I did it was probably so small that it didn't even affect my gameplay. It's obviously heavily inspired by other games like Assassin's Creed and Batman Arkham but honestly I find nothing wrong with taking a system that works and using it in another game. Just as long as it's not overused of course. It's really a great game and I'm really looking forward to the new one.

Wolfenstein The Old Blood/The New Order: 10/10. Both games were equally great. I love the story and characters especially the character you play as, William J. Blazkowicz AKA B.J. he's a fucking badass. The gameplay is action packed, the guns feel heavy and hardcore and the story and the world it takes place in is really interesting as it's kind of like a "what if the nazis won" kind of thing with a pinch of sci-fi mixed in. It's just a really awesome game and I highly recommend both games. I beat New Order before and just recently beat Old Blood but playing through OB and NO again it sparked this newfound love for the Wolfenstein series. Now I'm wanting to see how the older games are.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-07-11 at 10:02 PM.

Elder Scrolls Online - 6/10

Played it for about 10 hours, and it was pretty meh overall. I want to like this game so much since i love elder scrolls, but the combat just feels so fucking weightless i can't get past it. Loved the dark brotherhood questline (or atleast what i played of it), but i don't think i'll continue just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusch View Post
    NieR: Automata 10/10
    Ditto!

So sad alot of people gonna remember it because of 2B outfit instead of masterpiece Nier Autoamata story was !

10+ Year Old Account
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 9/10

Breath of the Wild is a very confusing game. There are times where I think it is probably the best game I've ever played and then there are moments where it's the worst game I've played this year. I beat the game and did 76 of the shrines so far, so I've basically seen all that the game has to offer. I know I've got a little over 40 shrines left, but I doubt too many of them will surprise me all that much.

The exploration is phenomenal. Truly the new benchmark for open world design. The combat is a double edged sword. It's clunky and has a lot of BS moments but the amount of freedom you have in the game makes it so that you can make it fun for yourself if you try to do so. The shrines are interesting mini-puzzles but it's the ones that require you to meet special requirements or complete special trials that truly stand out. The divine beasts were just disappointing. Neither the puzzles nor the bosses managed to impress. Although I found the quests to access the Divine Beasts to be pretty interesting.

The side quests are absolute shit and I am not exaggerating. I literally had a quest where I watched a barrel float down a river and I had to destroy like 2 barricades the entire time. The entire quest lasted 10 minutes easily. 10 minutes of me sitting there watch a barrel. How the hell does that get past play testing? There are very few memorable characters outside of the champions and Kass, the rewards are generally very disappointing, and there are just some remarkably poorly designed quests on display here. It's quite infuriating actually because it really soured my opinion on the game for a while.

Weapon durability is also kind of a double edged sword. It is incredibly interesting in places like the Great Plateau, Trial of the Sword, and Eventide Island but it quickly becomes cumbersome once you get later into the game.

I feel like Breath of the Wild was a prototype. A game to redefine what Legend of Zelda is much like Ocarina did before. If they can address some of the problems with Breath of the Wild and include proper dungeons, either get rid of or retune weapon durability, make a more involved story, and improve the side quests in a sequel then I have no doubt it will undeniably be the best game of all time. As for right now though, Breath of the Wild is a perfect mess of a game.

Secret World Legends: 8/10

Persona 5: 9/10 so far

Remember Me: 8/10

I bought this a few steam sales ago and decided to try it out last weekend. Fighting is really fun and the way you can make your own combos is a nice touch.
    The story is ok, few surprises but well done and the memory-change minigame is cool.
    Only the camera was a bit annoying because it was very close to the protagonist so you often could not see where you have to jump.

Prey : 10/10

Loving it.... the transitions for character progression is amazing.

It's RPG meets FPS

Pillars of Eternity 8.5/10 really liked it and cant wait for the second part.

Tyranny, so far a 7/10 but im just a few hours in but i enjoy playing a evil character.