Deleted
    I remember using autohotkey to craft a shit ton of items back in ARR.

Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right then, got Samurai to 70 - now I have one tank, one healer, one DPS, one gatherer and one crafter at level cap.

Now it's just to decide what to level up next.

Anyone think we are getting new zones in patches? The more i look at the map it seems odd theres a huge sandworm infested waste near the azim steppe and in the steppe we can only go on a tiny bit of it, along with a bleak looking mountain area with a lake between them.
    Granted thavnair and sharlayan have been added as well, but they arent open areas on the current landmass with no reasons to be closed off like gyr abania was to gridania.

I'm kind of wondering if the worm desert at least is going to be the first post .0 launch zone we get in an expansion.

Well open quest zone, not eureka/diadem of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Anyone think we are getting new zones in patches? The more i look at the map it seems odd theres a huge sandworm infested waste near the azim steppe and in the steppe we can only go on a tiny bit of it, along with a bleak looking mountain area with a lake between them.
    Granted thavnair and sharlayan have been added as well, but they arent open areas on the current landmass with no reasons to be closed off like gyr abania was to gridania.

I'm kind of wondering if the worm desert at least is going to be the first post .0 launch zone we get in an expansion.

Well open quest zone, not eureka/diadem of course.
    I would love for that to be true but I just can't see it happening. They're probably already working on the zones for the next expansion so it would divert effort from that. It would be cool though as we explored only what, half of Othard?
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-07-09 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Why is your duty finder not forming any groups?
    Because I wanted to keep it simple for the sake of making an example. In any real situation there will be groups being formed removing people from the queue, and the aim is to get it to be completely empty ASAP. In this example I wanted to show how shifting the number of players around doesn't really affect the number of groups being formed because you're merely changing the limiting role rather than "fixing" the problem.

There will always be a limiting role in the queue because it's extremely unlikely that people are ever going to queue up in a perfect 1:1:2, Tank: Healer: DPS ratio.

You need to look at this as a bottle that is already filled with water, not as a bottle that is being filled with water.]
    To use your metaphor, it's a full bottle that you're trying to empty. The only reason you can't pour it all out at once is because the number of tanks limit how many groups you can form at any one time.

What does it matter if it shifts between healers and tanks?
    You're moving the problem on. Adding more Tanks without also adding more Healers still leaves you with long queues.

The goal is to get Tanks, Healers and DPS queuing up in a 1:1:2 ratio. That way groups would be formed immediately and you'd go straight to the dungeon. To make happen you need to either add more Tanks and Healers or reduce the number of DPS. The ideal way to do that is to offer an incentive for the DPS already in the queue to level up another job and switch roles, and any incentive that is strong enough to do that has to be so absurdly over the top that it'll break your game clean in half.

As much as I would like to see them add new zones in content patches I don't think they'll be doing that. My theory is that either 5.0 will give us more of Othard and/or the remaining portions will show up as dungeons, raids and trials. Some people were speculating, for instance, that Xephatol would be an area in the inevitable Gyr Abania expansion. Instead it ended up being a dungeon.

They'll likely focus on adding stuff to the existing new zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I would love for that to be true but I just can't see it happening. They're probably already working on the zones for the next expansion so it would divert effort from that. It would be cool though as we explored only what, half of Othard?
    I dunno, no stuff like the failed original diadem to redesign, one less dungeon with a promise of 'something' else. I was thinking it was an extra deep dungeon but i honestly wonder if its not another zone.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I dunno, no stuff like the failed original diadem to redesign, one less dungeon with a promise of 'something' else. I was thinking it was an extra deep dungeon but i honestly wonder if its not another zone.
    You have to remember that the dungeon they're taking out is the hard version of an older dungeon. While yeah it takes some effort its not like they have to create a lot of new assets for that. Same goes for Diadem.

As much as I would like to see them add new zones in content patches I don't think they'll be doing that. My theory is that either 5.0 will give us more of Othard and/or the remaining portions will show up as dungeons, raids and trials. Some people were speculating, for instance, that Xephatol would be an area in the inevitable Gyr Abania expansion. Instead it ended up being a dungeon.

They'll likely focus on adding stuff to the existing new zones.
    Good point. I can see one of those two ideas happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see more Raen Au Ra stuff.

"..Raen have embraced a life of tranquility and solitude, long abandoning the nomadic lifestyle of their ancestors to settle the deep valleys of Othard's mountainous eastern reaches. Only on rare occasions will one emerge from the valley mists to seek adventure in realms afar."

Doubt we will get new zones. There's a lot of stuff in the current zones that were never even touched
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

"..Raen have embraced a life of tranquility and solitude, long abandoning the nomadic lifestyle of their ancestors to settle the deep valleys of Othard's mountainous eastern reaches. Only on rare occasions will one emerge from the valley mists to seek adventure in realms afar."
    Yeah, that passage never said anything about their underwater safe space.

I was talking to people about this, we're wondering if they changed their minds about the Raen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Yeah, that passage never said anything about their underwater safe space.

I was talking to people about this, we're wondering if they changed their minds about the Raen.
    The Raen in Sui-no-Sato are merely a small group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    The Raen in Sui-no-Sato are merely a small group.
    Yeah, and the Adarkim, Jhungid, and the Kharlu are the three biggest Xaela tribes who are supposed to war for control yet we do not see hide or hair of them in the steppe. I mean the reality is the Azim steppe is so vast that they can get away with saying those three control other parts. (heck, the Kharlu and Jhungid are supposed to fight for control of the eastern coast, so it's safe to say we never went to that part of the steppe.) That does not explain why the Adarkim are not present when they would have made more sense then the Dotharl.

I am not saying those mountain villages of Raen do not exist, what I am saying is the initial lore we got when Heavensward launched about the Auri is not well reflected in game so far.

I honestly would not be surprised if bubble world is the only Raen village we ever see.
    I AM the victim.

I was very surprised to see that there were so many Roegadyn NPC's throughout Kugane and Othard. There's a few stray Raen, certainly, but compared to the lofty amount of attention Xaela get I can understand why some Raen fans were disappointed. It makes sense given that they're supposedly very reclusive but I do question why we ended up having so many Roegadyn show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

In lore, seeing a Raen is probably about as rare as seeing a Pandaren leave home or a Deathknight who managed to free himself. Sadly, that is not reflected in game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    In lore, seeing a Raen is probably about as rare as seeing a Pandaren leave home or a Deathknight who managed to free himself. Sadly, that is not reflected in game.
    I don't think they're THAT rare. You see several in Kugane, among the Confederates, and in Yanxia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they're THAT rare. You see several in Kugane, among the Confederates, and in Yanxia.
    Right, however the Heavensward Auri starter lore said. " Only on rare occasions will one emerge from the valley mists to seek adventure in realms afar."

Now the question: What does realms afar mean? Is Kugane far for them? is Yanxia far for them?

If it is far then yet again they are not THAT rare as you said, This is another example of there being a disconnection between lore and in game representation.
    I AM the victim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, however the Heavensward Auri starter lore said. " Only on rare occasions will one emerge from the valley mists to seek adventure in realms afar."

Now the question: What does realms afar mean? Is Kugane far for them? is Yanxia far for them?

If it is far then yet again they are not THAT rare as you said, This is another example of there being a disconnection between lore and in game representation.
    They reside in the mountains of Othard, so neither Kugane nor Yanxia would be far for them. Eozrea and Gyr Abania though, are.

10+ Year Old Account
    They reside in the mountains of Othard, so neither Kugane nor Yanxia would be far for them. Eozrea and Gyr Abania though, are.
    If you're an isolationist people who do not leave, then the act of leaving your society can be considered "far." It's all about perspective.
    I AM the victim.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're an isolationist people who do not leave, then the act of leaving your society can be considered "far."
    Except we only see a handful of Au Ra in those places, so it still works with the lore.

Sui-no-sato are Raen who chose not to head into the mountains and found refuge in the sea after the fighting with their people. It makes sense that, even if most of the Raen headed to the mountains, there'd be sects that settled elsewhere. Sui-no-sato isn't them necessarily changing their minds about Raen lore. Its no different than the various seeker tribes settling in different places after coming to Eorzea from Meracydia.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2017-07-10 at 05:07 AM.