Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World Of Warcraft : Shadow over Kul'Tiras

So, it seems that the next expansion takes us to the island of Kul'tiras and will most likely face us against the voidlords.

This seemed very familiar to another story Im quite fond of.

Namely Shadow Over Innsmouth by HP Lovecraft. Thematically this can fit. A remote coastal city that has slowly been corrupted by eldrich forces.

I for one would love this approach, but what do you guys/gals think?

Eh name sounds a bit weird. I don't see it going a Lovecraft route if the islands are still intact.

Also Kul Tiras is more likely Azshara. They seem adamant on not caring about the Void Lords right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faxton View Post
    So, it seems that the next expansion takes us to the island of Kul'tiras and will most likely face us against the voidlords.
    Every time somebody says this, a new panda hugging time traveller orc is born.

10+ Year Old Account

Namely Shadow Over Innsmouth by HP Lovecraft. Thematically this can fit. A remote coastal city that has slowly been corrupted by eldrich forces.

you base this on what? wishes and hopes aren't enough to make this happen.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I don't think next expansion will put us against the void lords yet. They will be present of course, but I have the feeling blizzard is going to focus on the horde and alliance and further develop Anduin and Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    you base this on what? wishes and hopes aren't enough to make this happen.
    Well there is speculation since 7.3 datamined Kul Tiras gear but until an official announcement it is just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Although I don't think Kul-Tiras is cool or popular enough to warrant a place in the expac's name, I love that reference to Shadow Over Innsmouth, that one was a perfectly creepy story.
    I just used that as an example, I agree that the name doesnt fit.

This is based ONLY on rumors and uncomfirmed gossip. So take it with a grain of salt!

Deleted
    Void lords cant even enter our universe so no we dont face them.
    We fight there minions the old gods.

7+ Year Old Account
    First gotta take care of N'zoth before we can even think of Void Lords. Plus there is Azshara and Prophet Zul. I don't think the Void Lords will be the threat in this coming Expansion.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Deleted
    That's all fine and dandy... but you forgot to list what you are basing this hypothesis on.

The 1 set of "green" cloth gear we got to see?
    And a quote from a Dreadlord?

15+ Year Old Account
    My bet is on the Old Gods, but those may come later as they have been hinted so much about this expansion that it coming next would be everyone's guess, so there's more of a surprise if it's about something else.

Void starts to consume Azeroth while we're on Argus, or something like that is as likely. Ethereums making a return suddenly, and those (At least the good ones) "attempts to thwart the void" according to wiki.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I love the proposed title. Even without Lovecraft, it references both the Void and the sea in three words.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I don't think next expansion will put us against the void lords yet. They will be present of course, but I have the feeling blizzard is going to focus on the horde and alliance and further develop Anduin and Sylvanas.
    I think it would only make sense if a full on Void lords + minions expansion came straight after an expansion with N'Zoth as the last boss.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    No, it's going to be Shadow UNDER Kul'Tiras.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Over Kul'Tiras. I like it.

Deleted
    No way Kul'tiras is big or important enough to support an entire expansion. It will, at best, be a zone in the rumoured South Seas expansion, but most likely a dungeon instance.

Deleted
    it's called Jaina Proudmoore and the isle of Kul'Tiras - opens up with Jaina as a child living under the stairs before she gets her letter for Dalaran school of mage arts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    No way Kul'tiras is big or important enough to support an entire expansion. It will, at best, be a zone in the rumoured South Seas expansion, but most likely a dungeon instance.
    I guess they could make it as big as a continent if they want to really, even continent sized.

But I do agree with you that it's more likely to be a part of a group of islands, possibly the center hub.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I think it would only make sense if a full on Void lords + minions expansion came straight after an expansion with N'Zoth as the last boss.
    I suspect that once we have finished off the legion the void lords will become the central baddies over several expansions. We will be introduced to new significant void lord characters and they will be fleshed out over the next couple of expansions in the hope we will give a damn.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    Could have said the same about Pandaria or Broken Isles, once upon a time. Looks to me like their mindset is that they're running out of places to take us, and if they do the entire South Seas in one hit it's going to dry up that well pretty quickly. At this point I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a Kul'Tiras expansion, and a Kezan expansion, and a Zandalar expansion, etc.
    Last edited by Apology; 2017-07-10 at 08:12 AM.