Thread: Resto in 7.2.5

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It could also just have to do with the amount of damage that the AoE soaks on the split sides do. Even on heroic, that damage is really sketchy if anyone has bombs at the same time. On mythic, I'd imagine it's insane, and the extra damage reduction from Guardian affinity + Ekowraith might have been needed. I also wouldn't be surprised if that's why they explicitly used an alt to stack 3xRDruid for that fight. Soaking in bear + Ekowraith gives a ridiculous amount of survivability relative to other specs, and specs with weak survivability like HPriests might have had issues living through those soaks at week 1 gear level and their strat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Valne's trink considered so valuable?
    I see that it has a high amount of Int, which is great. The +15% healing buff is... ok? when used with the artifact ability? Or?

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I see that it has a high amount of Int, which is great. The +15% healing buff is... ok? when used with the artifact ability? Or?
    its a very strong on-use effect, that also empowers your cooldowns and rewards overhealing, while the raw throughput is on par or significantly stronger than other legendaries, while trinkets also have a good stat budget in terms of throughput aswell.

To touch a bit more on empowers your cooldowns, generally its used together with Essence of ghanir or tranq, which helps ghanir affect everyone in the raid, not just people with hots on them, while it helps tranq focus on a few select targets on top of what it usually does. (see Elisande beams, or similar for where this is useful.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    It's the best because in a world where high Ilvl statsticks are the best trinkets, we get a 970ilvl amazing statstick with a giant throughput 1.5min cd active ability that synergizes extremely well with Essence of G'hanir and Tranq, or by itself if you need to spread out CDs for a specific encounter.

As a side note, It doesn't take up a Tier slot, which is very important when everyone will ultimately be trying to run a 4-set T20 + 2-set T19 setup.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

I feel pretty powerful on my rdruid and don't really think we're more of a reactive healer as it still takes time to set up for EoG and Flouish before certain abilities that they'll be most effective to use on (such as the shields of the sisters) I still feel we're pretty proactive. at least that is.. if you know the fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darii View Post
    I feel pretty powerful on my rdruid and don't really think we're more of a reactive healer as it still takes time to set up for EoG and Flouish before certain abilities that they'll be most effective to use on (such as the shields of the sisters) I still feel we're pretty proactive. at least that is.. if you know the fights.
    We are definitely proactive healers. Performing optimally requires you to know who is going to be taking big damage 5-10 seconds before they do, It's hard to beat a druid in HPS when for example (on maidens), I have the entire group that's taking the next slam prehotted with Rejuv, Efflo on their side and I time my Wild growth cast on their side to land within .5 seconds of the slam hitting and swiftmend the lowest target. I then immediately procede to start rejuving the entire other side and switch Efflo over once the previous soakers are topped off knowing that the next slam happens in 10-15 seconds.

Excelling at Rdruid is all about timing, when you get to the point where you're timing your Wild growths to go out the second big damage comes out, rather than using it as a reaction to big damage, that is where druid's shine.

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    We are definitely proactive healers. Performing optimally requires you to know who is going to be taking big damage 5-10 seconds before they do, It's hard to beat a druid in HPS when for example (on maidens), I have the entire group that's taking the next slam prehotted with Rejuv, Efflo on their side and I time my Wild growth cast on their side to land within .5 seconds of the slam hitting and swiftmend the lowest target. I then immediately procede to start rejuving the entire other side and switch Efflo over once the previous soakers are topped off knowing that the next slam happens in 10-15 seconds.

Excelling at Rdruid is all about timing, when you get to the point where you're timing your Wild growths to go out the second big damage comes out, rather than using it as a reaction to big damage, that is where druid's shine.
    That's exactly the sort of damage holy priests and resto shamans are good at healing.

Deleted
    or hpal, disc and mw = D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    That's exactly the sort of damage holy priests and resto shamans are good at healing.
    Yay teamwork!

Looking at rankings at warcraft logs is pretty depressing right now. Pretty much everyone is using t19, shoulders, velens and darkmoon trinket, with almost no deviation. I am a heroic raider so my t19 averages around ilvl 900...at what point does the ilvl upgrade outweigh the tier bonuses?

Quote Originally Posted by Doogler View Post
    Looking at rankings at warcraft logs is pretty depressing right now. Pretty much everyone is using t19, shoulders, velens and darkmoon trinket, with almost no deviation. I am a heroic raider so my t19 averages around ilvl 900...at what point does the ilvl upgrade outweigh the tier bonuses?
    Most are saying 15ilvl or so. End of the day its sad that to break even we have to go so much higher. Personally I moved to my priest for now, hoping that they give us a fix after the race is over.

Deleted
    how is that even a problem that would make you reroll
    druid is still the best healer in the game either way, it's such a non-issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    People love to drink the coolaid of negativity. So far on every mythic progression kill i've been a strong #1 in a team of quite competent healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runzlikegirl View Post
    Most are saying 15ilvl or so. End of the day its sad that to break even we have to go so much higher. Personally I moved to my priest for now, hoping that they give us a fix after the race is over.
    People should run twigit if they want to find out a rough estimate of when it's worth to swap.

What fix do you think is necessary? Looking at the statistics from WoL we're not as dominant as before but we are certainly in a very competitive spot.

I'd like to give me 2 cents worth.

I don't see it as drinking coolaid of negativity as someone said above. People here can be strange as we know. Most is most likely non druids enjoying and feeding on the disappointment of others. Sad in itself.
    I love my druid and can't see myself not playing it as my main as I have for 12 years. I do however also play all the other healers as it helps to know them all for raid leading / strats etc.

Yes sure one can argue for the fact that we do need high(er) throughput to a job as well as other healers (a whole other discussion that ppl here have had and I don't want to get into), but for me the things that effects me the most is:

- The playstyle change this tier set brings or wants to bring in. It just feels clunky and can't say I personally enjoy it much.
    - It is also very sad when you do not look forward to getting new gear, a new tier during new content because of obvious reasons already stated by others.

While I like TOS and do enjoy the bosses, I'm already looking at what comes next, what tier will we get and thinking it cant come soon enough.

That is a bit sad. It is still a game and some (most?) play it for the enjoyment right?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Limpnoodle View Post
    I'd like to give me 2 cents worth.

I don't see it as drinking coolaid of negativity as someone said above. People here can be strange as we know. Most is most likely non druids enjoying and feeding on the disappointment of others. Sad in itself.
    I love my druid and can't see myself not playing it as my main as I have for 12 years. I do however also play all the other healers as it helps to know them all for raid leading / strats etc.

Yes sure one can argue for the fact that we do need high(er) throughput to a job as well as other healers (a whole other discussion that ppl here have had and I don't want to get into), but for me the things that effects me the most is:

- The playstyle change this tier set brings or wants to bring in. It just feels clunky and can't say I personally enjoy it much.
    - It is also very sad when you do not look forward to getting new gear, a new tier during new content because of obvious reasons already stated by others.

While I like TOS and do enjoy the bosses, I'm already looking at what comes next, what tier will we get and thinking it cant come soon enough.

That is a bit sad. It is still a game and some (most?) play it for the enjoyment right?
    I would go even one step further and questioning Blizzard dev's. I mean no one really likes the new T20 ... so how the heck did they came up with that. I mean aren't they talking to top players? Seems like they are not taking any of the community concerns serious or ... there are some probably American druids that love the new T20 and find it awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by wakii View Post
    I would go even one step further and questioning Blizzard dev's. I mean no one really likes the new T20 ... so how the heck did they came up with that. I mean aren't they talking to top players? Seems like they are not taking any of the community concerns serious or ... there are some probably American druids that love the new T20 and find it awesome.
    I don't mind the 4 piece so much but the 2 piece is just horrible in my opinion. Sure I get in a perfect world you can in therory synergize them. But it's just so clunky. Because of that the whole thing kinda sucks.

the two piece is pretty good if you also have the four piece; the 'problem' is that it's obviously terrible on its own, which leads people to hold onto the nighthold set longer than they maybe otherwise would.

it's a problem that's gonna go away before too much longer though, as raids' 4p priority filters down to healers. The new 4p is actually pretty strong and you don't need that many people in efflo to fully utilize it

Quote Originally Posted by Laggaiskogen View Post
    People should run twigit if they want to find out a rough estimate of when it's worth to swap.

What fix do you think is necessary? Looking at the statistics from WoL we're not as dominant as before but we are certainly in a very competitive spot.
    The Warcraft log data is 99% T19 wearing druids.

T19 will need to take a nerf to force the change and then the real throughput will begin to show. Maybe its not so bad, but since no one on the top charts are using T20 its hard to really tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    For me it was two prong.

I don't want to play the playstyle of T20, never liked it when that was how you got Effo and won't like it now.

The other side was our group having 9 folks on that token, making a switch to a token with only 4 players balanced us out a bit and after 1 raid my priest is higher ilvl than my druid. Priest is what I played at the beginning of NH for a while so it was 900 ilvl already not really a reroll.

I am not even 100% that I will stay priest, but certainly keeping the option open and priest geared for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    the two piece is pretty good if you also have the four piece; the 'problem' is that it's obviously terrible on its own, which leads people to hold onto the nighthold set longer than they maybe otherwise would.

it's a problem that's gonna go away before too much longer though, as raids' 4p priority filters down to healers. The new 4p is actually pretty strong and you don't need that many people in efflo to fully utilize it
    I hope your right, but seeing the top guilds run 8 split runs and the druid still wearing T19 tells me that more than likely they will not switch until after KJ is dead and its just for ilvl.

I am very curious to see where resto falls in full T20 on farming runs for top guilds.

I feel like the problem with T20 is it seems like Efflor isn't that useful on a number of encounters in ToS. A lot of the encounters include moving the boss and melee/tanks not staying stationary. It's too much of a mana drain to keep moving the ability outside of the 30 second duration window to keep up.

Because of this and the strength of T19, I don't see a reason to change to it ... until you get a full set of high ilvl gear.