Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "People dont play the game they way I want to, and therefore they are wrong and I am right and I will make a sanctimonious whine post about it."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree the rush mentality should die ASAP, gogogo Rush mentality, die already, we haven't got all day.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiferod View Post
    Everyone goes fast because the content is boring. When you do your WQ/dungeon/raid for the 100 times, you do it fast because it's les painfull this way.
    And the game is a lot more fast - paced nowadays than before. A fast gameplay enforces people to do things fast.
    Thats true. Legion has a lot of repetition, same old same old. Hence why people want to do the same boring world quests and M+ / farm raids as fast as possible. Because the incentive to keep running that same old content for the nth time is there... It is to mask the fact very little actual world content has been added within 10 months the game has been out..

The rewards are often very minimal as well (lol AP at 55 traits) and/or sometimes not guaranteed (m+). Busywork and the excess RNG causes people to rush. It is unhealthy for the game. Usually, immersion provides desire to stop for a moment and marvel at the surroundings or slow down a bit. With the 7.2 "story" and how joke of a fight KJ is (very anticlimactic, barely any build-up, in general very cheap production) rushing is more prevalent than ever. 7.3 will change it somewhat, but only for the first two weeks. The game is not how it used to be anymore. Mentality is different, many RPG aspects are gone. Convenience is valued over intuitive/immersive design choices etc.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2017-07-10 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Yes, this is all new and not something that's been around since WOTLK. Actually it is. And look, we're still fine by some freak accident.
    We did this shit in TBC too if we could get away with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Thats true. Legion has a lot of repetition, same old same old. Hence why people want to do the same boring world quests and M+ / farm raids as fast as possible. Because the incentive to keep running that same old content for the nth time is there... It is to mask the fact very little actual world content has been added within 10 months the game has been out..

The rewards are often very minimal as well (lol AP at 55 traits) and/or sometimes not guaranteed (m+). Busywork and the excess RNG causes people to rush. It is unhealthy for the game.
    Legion is only repetitive if you log on every frikkin day and play for 3 hours.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Legion is only repetitive if you log on every frikkin day and play for 3 hours.
    If you don't you get behind, hey at least it's not repetitive.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If you don't you get behind, hey at least it's not repetitive.
    Really, funny I am 9/9 normal and havent even tried heroic. I haven't done a WQ in ages and am at 53 artifact points.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, funny I am 9/9 normal and havent even tried heroic. I haven't done a WQ in ages and am at 53 artifact points.
    Good, good, how about them mythic+ runs?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Both of these are somewhat true. The end of Wrath changed things in two key ways:

1) Cross server (battlegroup level) LFG.
    2) daily heroic quests.

Both appeared in 3.3 and they both contributed to rushing. Before this, most people ran 5 mans with friend or guild. Maybe a trade channel PUG on the server. You also ran them when you needed something, someone else did or you saw a decent PUG forming and were a bit bored. But most people, at least the ones I knew, didn't run heroics all the time, over and over and over.

But in 3.3 you were incentivized to do just that with the heroic dailies AND getting those done fast was easier in an LFG group for a lot of people. So you had a lot of people running heroics all the damn time AND doing it not with friends, guild mates or people they knew from the server but with totally random people. You had no incentive to talk to them, you'd likely never see them again and if you were doing a heroic daily, it was not a fun thing to do with friends but a chore and who drags out chores? Most of us just want to do what... right. Rush them.
    Daily heroic quests came out in BC. Patch 3.3 changed it from daily heroic quests to a weekly raid quest (kill X boss in Y raid). Mainly because of the LFG system you mentioned as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, good, how about them mythic+ runs?
    I did a +9 last week, did my 4 for the chest and that was it. My mage is at 910. Only WQ I run is the epic world boss and the key on broken shore. You don't need to grind all day to play the game. As long as your ilvl is decient and you pull enough dps to kill the boss. You're fine.

Deleted
    We did this shit in TBC too if we could get away with it.

- - - Updated - - -
    The difference is in TBC was a privilege to do this. While in Legion is mandatory. So please guys, stop being so retarded and stop defending the rush mentality. K thx

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a +9 last week, did my 4 for the chest and that was it. My mage is at 910. Only WQ I run is the epic world boss and the key on broken shore. You don't need to grind all day to play the game. As long as your ilvl is decient and you pull enough dps to kill the boss. You're fine.
    Lol, that's what you are doing now, but how did you get there? Thru repetitive grind every day. You are exalted with legionfall and have your class mount, right? You were collecting lgeion resources and turning them in for a cache for a change to get a legendary, right? How many do you have?

7+ Year Old Account
    OP, wow has more of a rush mentallity now than it had many years ago. Bare in mind the world is speeding up as well. The way we are delivered info and the speed and rate at which new games are released also play a huge factor.

If you want to go slow, just get a group of people up who want to progress at your pace.

isn't OP the tard that kept flipping out over private servers and talked all the shit about how he hasn't even played legion but constantly talked shit on it, now he's gonna tell us how to fix the game

Sorry but the rush mentality isn't really a thing, you're really just upset that people like to be efficient. This game has been around a long time. I know exactly what I want from it and exactly what I am capable of doing, and I'm not interested in wasting my time time to play into someone else's demands for slow paced immersion. Many people just want to complete things as fast as possible so they can move on to the next thing. If you don't like that, find a group that matches your needs or make your own, don't screech at "the community" just because you think everyone is playing the wrong way because it isn't how you want it done.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Return trash mobs that will ko a tank if all of them hit at the same time and it will go away.

Easy content will always be blitz down.
    My idea was more along the lines of a buff all the mobs in the dungeon have. They do 1000x their normal damage to non-tank characters, removed when the tank gets on their threat list. So all those dps and heals who want to run ahead and "help" by pulling more mobs just get one shotted. I know it's old content, but it really makes me mad when I zone into Court of Stars (I have long load screens on that for some reason) and people are already up pulling trash and hitting the pillars before I'm in the boat. Makes me think "why am I even here? they don't need me".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    My idea was more along the lines of a buff all the mobs in the dungeon have. They do 1000x their normal damage to non-tank characters, removed when the tank gets on their threat list. So all those dps and heals who want to run ahead and "help" by pulling more mobs just get one shotted. I know it's old content, but it really makes me mad when I zone into Court of Stars (I have long load screens on that for some reason) and people are already up pulling trash and hitting the pillars before I'm in the boat. Makes me think "why am I even here? they don't need me".
    They need you for the boss and faster run obviously, why are you there?

OP is right. It would be amazing to be in a daily heroic Maw or something similar for 2 or 3 hours while we discuss each pull, cc, and take a break every other pull. We should focus on slowing everything way down. Perfect. Yes so perfect.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Instead of Heirlooms, they could have just e.g. implemented a system that would give an alt an XP bonus for first time completing a new instance that was already cleared on another character.
    No, they could not. No one likes a level 40 tank with level 15 greens and empty slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, that's what you are doing now, but how did you get there? Thru repetitive grind every day. You are exalted with legionfall and have your class mount, right? You were collecting lgeion resources and turning them in for a cache for a change to get a legendary, right? How many do you have?
    It wasn't repetitive when it was new dude. And I dunno what's to argue. I got my paladin to 910, he actually outgears my mage. It took like no time at all. You don't need the habits of Method to enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    isn't OP the tard that kept flipping out over private servers and talked all the shit about how he hasn't even played legion but constantly talked shit on it, now he's gonna tell us how to fix the game
    Pretty much. I mean look at the started threads from the OP. 18 of his 25 started threads (the latest 25) have been locked too.