10+ Year Old Account

Historical context for how unpopular TrumpCare really is

It seems like there's a cottage industry of pundits making the case of false equivilancy between the unpopularity of the ACA and the unpopularity of TrumpCare, but this is really misleading. The ACA was unpopular, but not nearly this unpopular. While “Obamacare” didn’t poll very well, most of its underlying components are popular. Currently the ACA has become popular, and would be even more popular had the Supreme Court not ineptly re-written the Medicaid expansion.

In picture form, no major proposal in the last 30 years comes close to TrumpCare's current unpopularity:

Ah. Was just about to post this.

That is some political cyanide alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was even more unpopular now that when this was this graph was created. Polls in June have in down to 16=17% approval.

What was Dodd-Frank? People apparently loved that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    What was Dodd-Frank? People apparently loved that shit.
    It regulated Wall Street in the aftermath of the crisis. The GOP is busy rolling it back, because, you know, draining the swamp.

Deleted
    This is why he pushes it through now and not in his third year. People will have forgotten by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone knows it blows. Hell even the ones making it know its terrible. I really don't think it'll pass. I'm just hoping it crashes so hard both sides have to work together.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny part is no one knows what's in it, they just hate it because CNN tells them to.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    The funny part is no one knows what's in it, they just hate it because CNN tells them to.
    We know more than enough. Medicaid rollback, allowing wavers to re-impose life time limits, deny pre-existing condition coverage and it's trivial to google more details. Then there's the extremists who complain it isn't bad enough for most people and they want to strip even more away from people.

Your ignorance can't be helped, because it's willful.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nobody watches CNN.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

The funny part is I don't know what's in it, I just like it because trump tells me to.
    Fix'd it for you.

So what's is their to like? seriously by attacking CNN like this I'm sure you have a reason to think that aplan like this will do wonders.

It's cute when you pretend it's just CNN, and not every outlet, and even the GOP's own congressmen and women. Fox News makes a very half-hearted attempt to make it sound okay, but they know it's so bad that they've decided the best way to help it along is to mostly refuse to cover it altogether. And you know it's in a bad place when even Fox can't manage to spin it.