Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legion is by far, the best expansion to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    It really isn't.

if best means worst then sure

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    It really isn't.
    Weird, even after you wrote that, I still believe it's true.

I guess you didn't have over-the-internet-mind-control-skillz after all, idiot.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-07-10 at 01:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its really good but nothing beat TBC.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I maintained a world 50 guild for about 10 years. But now, we decided to let it all go. We went to 5/9 and simply stopped. There was no drive anymore to do this again and again. Many of us just went to play LoL/DOTA/HotS/OW instead. It allows for same levels of competitiveness, without any gearing up/having alts/farming/being all there for 5 days at 20:45 and so on. It's laid back, short periods of focusing, and then just having a real life. Feels great. I already sold all I had and all my pets and so did everyone I know in the guild. Basically, from 25 people, only 3 keep playing WoW, and only one keeps progressing ToS.
    The biggest issue with "wow replacements" is they're all pvp oriented. Bar some single player games you finish and then have to find another one, it's hard to find a pve-oriented replacement for wow. I tried other mmos and they were either pvp oriented, or mass zergs (the "amazing" open world content that kills my framerate), or ran out of content fast / degenerated into life support f2p mode. I tried diablo, and I nearly got carpal tunnel from it, plus it felt much more repetitive than wow even. I can't stand most diablo builds are 1-2 "rotational" buttons and the rest a support skills / cds / survivability skills. Even with 3-4 button rotation most wow specs are more interesting than anything I tried in diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    legion is an expansion of fake content - wod was expansion of no content and legion gives you "illusion" of content - but in reality garbage content is garbage - at certain level you hit wall while gearing and either you are done and unsub or have to raid because you are stuck - atm its around 900 itlv on you toon - when you hit this level it means you have 2 legendaries and all other slots 880 - either from pvp dailies or low level mythic + / relinquished / lfr

what is next is either doin mythic + above 10 - where you wont get in because of how tuned they are ( and people taking in only 920 + people) so only patch you can choose is normal ToS > HC ToS

unless you like raiding there is no content in game to do - thats why people feel bored and quit game.

shit design is shit

blizard just sucks at providing long term invested content for causals in last 2 expansions which is kinda shocking seeing how they had it all figured out since TBC till MoP with badges/valor - really dont understand why they abandoned that since it was giving such a good resoults best proven by vp in WoD - while it was brought back people rejoiced because they could use it to upgrade gear they had and had stuff to do in content that was "easy" for them and from which they werent excluded by "itlv"
    I'm sorry but how can you say that when you can actually now go to the Auction House and buy 850 gear that allows you to pick the one with the best stats for your class/spec and then upgrade it to iLvl900?
    I've been rocking a pure haste cloth wrists for the longest time, and they were crafted by my tailor alt. Now that the Obliterum allowed me to get them to 900 I'm gonna hold on to them until I get a 915+ from heroic ToS.
    If you're hitting a wall with gearing it's because you're either a solo kind of guy (which is quite impossible for this game to be, because most content makes you group up... hence one of the Ms on MMORPG) or you just wanna say something bad about a game that you don't quite understand.
    If you can't be assed to interact with other people... why play an MMO, and even moreso, an RPG? If you want faceless gaming there's tons of other games to play, but an MMORPG isn't one of them.

OP: I haven't burned out yet, but I'm casual (my guild raids up to Heroic, twice a week, and then we do some runs to M+ for the AP and the possibility of a nice item every week), I keep about 3 or 4 toons with one spec each (Prot Paladin, Demo Warlock - which is my main- Disc Priest and now Space Chicken Druid) and my lock is ilvl910 and the others are sitting on 895/900, with the first three having at least Concordance 2.
    And I'm planning on starting a raiding group with my tank just to see what tanking current content is like (I started my tank as an offtank option whenever one of the tanks in my raiding group wasn't coming but by that time we had killed Gul'dan Hero so we were gearing up and having fun).
    I don't know what it is... I just don't feel forced to do stuff I don't like, unlike other expansions where I kinda had to do some stuff to either progress the story further (the rep-gated stuff from before), or just to progress gear-wise (badges, valor, crystals, recipes)... and there was a time in which said "chores" just stopped being worth my time - now every 3 days or so there's a chance of getting either resources that I use to buy shit I need (bloods, seals, or to have to send my followers to do shit), a nice chunk o'gold for the transmog of that week, gear that I fucking sell without even looking, or legendaries/curious coins. To this day doing the Emissary quests still gives me something I can use, unlike the useless grind that was provided to us in base game which was later replaced by an easier, quicker method on a later patch.
    I'm quite happy with the repeatable content of Legion and I still haven't gotten tired of it. Well, maybe +15 Blackrook Hold because fuck that place. But other than that, I'm quite happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoux View Post
    WoD, there was nothing to do for me then. Now, there is always something cool or less cool to do
    There was content in Wod most of it involved leveling alts to get more gold. but other than that there wasnt much. But in legion you burn out because there is too much to do. In WoD you couldnt burn out because There wasnt much gameplay.

I did dailies on multiple characters during MoP and still had fun. (I know there is a popular opinion on the Internet that MoP dailes were the worst but I still enjoyed it).
    In Legion I got bored of the expansion after I hit all factions exalted before 7.1.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess it all depends on the pace every person plays.
    Me, I raid only 4-5 hours a week, there are days I don't even log in. Invest my time in one character only, have few alts but mostly low level. I'm far from the burn out point.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Personally I'll take having too much to do (Legion) over having too little to do (which I felt during big parts of WotlK, Cata and mostly WoD).

I was close to getting burnt out on Legion because I tried having all classes at 110 with decent gear, but the constant "pressure" of doing m+ on so many chars every week and trying to keep up somewhat (emissaries, world bosses etc) was too much. I went back to playing my main and focused on that. Did m0s and LFRs every week until I had the bis legendaries and was pretty good on AP. As of 2 weeks ago my guild also started an alt run on Fridays and I picked a second char I wanted to invest time in. So I do some emissaries on that, a few m+ every week and the alt raids ofc. I don't really feel like i NEED much more. If I really want to, I have lots of content I can do. Oh and I also have a more casual character where I do the type of things that differ from my daily routines of raiding/emissaries. Like farming old raids for reputation/tmogs, mounts etc.

Burnout occurs when there's zero motivation due to lack of reward, repetition and no challenge.
    The overwhelming constant "To Do" list that Legion presents can be intimidating, however, you really don't need to do it...

Here are some tips:
    1. Keep a raid ready main but don't got crazy with gearing and AP grind. Once you've geared to the raid ready point you can maintain this strictly from the raid tiers, don't bother doing Mythic+ (Unless you enjoy it... but beware of potential burnout) Stick to a casual guild, raid heroic twice a week.

2. Minimum of 3 days a week - with no gameplay. Take playing in the context of a part time job, a break is required for relaxation.

3. Stop caring about doing everything. Let's face it - on your raiding main, yes it would be nice to do every invasion for a chance of an outstanding Nethershard trinket, however, it's not required... Just stop caring about gearing so much. Get your raid gear from the raid itself.

4. Alts + RBGs + Arena - I cannot stress this enough. Jumping into a few different pvp scenarios here and there across multiple characters can really help change up the games dynamic.

Just a few quick tips, at the end of the day - just stop playing as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It hadn't been done to this extent whilst I've played. Cata might have, MoP and WoD definitely didn't. My bet's on the way mobs scaled in legion being responsible. Made levelling a little painful, low gear Suramar even more so. The game never really gave me anything I enjoyed since then.
    nothing in legion compares to MoP dread wastes leveling, i'm sorry but that was horrendous
    legion was a pushover

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    nothing in legion compares to MoP dread wastes leveling, i'm sorry but that was horrendous
    legion was a pushover
    I agree... Sad that I failed to get your quote in here... But, come on guys.. Legion was extremely easy to level through! 10 levels, good progression, lots of zones, easy to quest as always (you literally don't even have to play your class correctly). Mist of Pandaria forced you from zone to zone - if you cared about exp.

not exactly burned out but eh, i did enjoy WoD more by this point in the expac. i'm one of the few with this opinion i know.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    I've spent the last 5 months or so as a raid logger until a couple of weeks ago, I suppose that was a pretty fast burnout. Coasting on minimal play time for a while sorted me out though, I've even picked up the 2 alts that I let fall by the wayside. I'm now doing emissaries daily on my main, and every few days on my alts - and also dicking about doing things like the Kosumoth the Hungering stuff (props to those who did it pre-flying).

Really fucking enjoying the game, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    My wishes for next expansion. No artifacts, no legendaries, no classhall/garrison type missions.
    I agree with this.

The expansion I burnt out on the quickest was BC, actually. I was thrilled at first when it came out, to have something new to do after it seeming like vanilla went on forever, but that expansion for me was truly the most boring to play (and look at). I absolutely love Legion still, I like the artifacts, and I have no problem with spending 1 whole minute or less clicking on class hall missions. I truly don't understand people's supposed problem with class hall missions, something that takes a briefs moment to do...yet, nobody complains how boring it is to stand at the AH all these years, spending sometimes large amounts of time listing things just to possibly make some money, or how boring it is to watch your character wave it's hands while it just stands there crafts items or food. I get it, class missions aren't "compelling gameplay", but nothing that takes a few moments is compelling gameplay, it's just something you take a moment to do IF YOU WANT. Artifacts...uh oh! God forbid there's something minor to progress your character with at your leisure IF YOU WANT TO. How dare you have some minor side things to do, Blizz. Please don't complain that "you have to get artifact power if you want to progress or be competitive, and it takes time!"...So did getting weapon drops from dungeons and raids in past expansions.
    Last edited by Feel The Power; 2017-07-10 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I see you mentioned framerate and zerging. This is a huge issue in current WoW too. Mythic raiding takes place at 25-50 fps usually - on a top computer. Nighthold and now ToS are both horrible. You basically need a 7700K OC, and even then, even if you turn EVERYTHING to minimum, framerate will still go down to 30-40. For some, that might be great. But for me, playing OW at 120 FPS constantly without a single hitch on the same computer, and then returning to 40 fps WoW raiding is just bad for my nerves, eyes and soul. I know the engine is old, and this is why they should have fixed it first, improved graphical appearance later. We're having 8 core CPUs and they're almost useless for WoW. Disgusting and sad.
    This is a problem mostly with world bosses, both in wow and in other MMOs where it's just "strength in numbers" so you might have even 100 players in the same spot. I played GW2 in the past and that was the problem with their world boss events, couldn't really experience any "epicness" of it when my pc ground to a standstill.

But yeah, I agree, WOW only ups the minimal / recommended system requirements every expansion without actually making stuff look that much better. Xavius room killed my old pc. A room that has nothing in it! Just the rendering of fog... Now I have a new one but I heard a lot of complaints about NH botanist / Elisande rooms and TOS Sisters room that it's very badly optimized for low spec pcs.

How are you already burned out?

I'm still playing this shit, and I'm not even 50% done with all of my achieves in Legion! Let alone in general! D: