Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    She was the number 1 suspect for Vol'jin death,

behold the true form of Sylvanas.

Helya has tentacle and probably related to N'zoth or Old God or whatever so maybe Sylvanas had some strange pact with her.
    nothing has shown Helya to be alinged with Old god forces.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    She was the number 1 suspect for Vol'jin death
    What a master plan. So masterful that she got the Warchief position by sheer luck, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post

behold the true form of Sylvanas.
    3/10 no undead titties for Horde fanboys to jerk off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account

Sylvanas when chosen as Warchief totally the face of a masterful plan, friends. That demon was a pal, .

*Proceeds to stand in shock forever in front of the throne, someone actually trusted me?*

P.S. The Jaina thing is equally stupid, even though I don't like where they've taken her character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Except Theramore was originally bombed as a pre-launch to Mists of Pandaria before anyone even saw a Pandaren let alone Garrosh getting a hold of Y'shaarj heart to be influenced by an old god...
    If the quote applies to Jaina (I don't even think it does, but if it does...) then I would imagine the meaning is more like after Theramore was destroyed (unrelated to the Old God's) they started whispering to her and corrupting her and she fell for corruption because of her despair and anger, which made her susceptible to that kind of corruption.

I don't think the quote would in any way imply the Old Gods were directly involved in destroying Theramore.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

It does kinda tie into the whispers of Illgynoth thing.

That said, could also just be ol' Varimathras up to his old tricks again.
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    What a master plan. So masterful that she got the Warchief position by sheer luck, basically.

She is like the Lelouch of Wow.

Also she is "puzzled" not shocked that they "trusted" her, because I'm quite sure Vol'jin knew something and the "loas" whispering him are probably more than we can though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post

nothing has shown Helya to be alinged with Old god forces.
    She rebelled against Odyn after getting transformed into a Valkyr and she helped Loken to imprison Odyn, and we know what Loken did in woltk and why.

so....maybe......

- - - Updated - - -

Loken had an affair with Sif, the wife of his brother Thorim. Yogg-Saron, from his prison within Ulduar, muddled Loken's thoughts and made him lash out at Sif, scared at the thought of losing her, and he killed her by accident. Horrified at what he had done but too scared to tell Thorim the truth, Loken tricked Thorim into believing that it had been the work of Arngrim, the king of the ice giants, turning Thorim against his allies. Loken would stop the war between Thorim's and Arngrim's forces with an army he had created with the Forge of Wills, but unknown to Loken Yogg-Saron had planted the curse of flesh inside the forge, which would slowly convert titan-forged into flesh and could also spread to those forged before the curse was created.[3]

After Thorim retreated to the Temple of Storms in despair, Loken was desperate to cover his actions, even if it meant using Yogg-Saron's power to do so, for if Algalon or the Pantheon ever found out his life would be forfeit. He arranged the death of Mimiron, making it look like a lab accident, though Mimiron's mechagnome followers would create a new mechagnome body to house the Keeper's soul. Loken subdued Hodir and Freya, corrupting them into complacency with Yogg-Saron. He convinced the titan-forged Helya to imprison Odyn, the Prime Designate, within his Halls of Valor, claiming the title of Prime Designate that was rightfully Odyn's in the process. Loken expected Ra to come up from the south and investigate what was going on, but Ra never arrived. This is because he had discovered that the Pantheon was dead, killed by Sargeras, and had locked himself up in the Mogu'shan Vaults in despair. Afterward, Loken exiled all titan-forged from Ulduar and retreated into the depths of the complex.[3]

The final two Keepers were Tyr and Archaedas, who had seen what Loken did to the others and left before he could reach them, alongside their friend the giantess Ironaya and the earthen, mechagnomes, and vrykul of the Storm Peaks. Tyr and his allies stole the Discs of Norgannon, which record all history in the world,[3] to investigate the extent of Loken's betrayal. Discovering the theft, Loken sent horrific monsters called C'Thraxxi after Tyr's group, but Tyr sacrificed his life to fight the creatures while his comrades escaped with the discs

So we know that LOKEN had ties with Old Gods.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    She rebelled against Odyn after getting transformed into a Valkyr and she helped Loken to imprison Odyn, and we know what Loken did in woltk and why.

so....maybe......
    maybe isnt certain. She agreed to help Loken to screw over the guy who killed her, not to help the Old Gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    The use of active and passive voice is used wisely. Nothing tell us that the female's actions are Sylvanas actions.Yes someone plots against the alliance thrones and forsaken banners will desecrate alliance strongholds etc but nowhere is mentioned that this plot comes from the forsaken (and it is weird it mentions forsaken banners and not horde banners).
    Again the title of warchief was given to Sylvanas as a result of a plot buyt nowhere is it mentioned that Sylvanas had something to do with it.
    Actually I cannot think of any way Sylvanas agenda being tied to the warchief title or to the destruction of Alliance.
    On the contrary I could think of many Azeroth threats being happy with the aforementioned.

And then I cannot help but listening to Prince Farondis Moto: Do not trust blindly anyone especially your leaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    She is like the Lelouch of Wow.
    Can't wait for Sylvanas starting to scream "I'll mass-murder the world in order to save it!"

Also she is "puzzled" not shocked that they "trusted" her, because I'm quite sure Vol'jin knew something and the "loas" whispering him are probably more than we can though
    Puzzled? The bitch basically turned into a statue before the throne. Didn't move a muscle for whole minutes.

That's not shock, indeed, is even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I've got to agree, in the cinematic Sylvanas looks pretty taken aback by the offer, especially on the heels of what previously felt like a condemnation from a dying Vol'jin. Her face is hard-set, fully expecting more venom to follow - the pronouncement that she must lead the Horde leaves her effectively gobsmacked and the confusion and shock seem pretty evident.

The wheels might have started turning shortly afterward, but that is besides the point. At the moment she was asked to take on the role of Warchief she was as surprised as likely everyone else watching it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    If the quote applies to Jaina (I don't even think it does, but if it does...) then I would imagine the meaning is more like after Theramore was destroyed (unrelated to the Old God's) they started whispering to her and corrupting her and she fell for corruption because of her despair and anger, which made her susceptible to that kind of corruption.

I don't think the quote would in any way imply the Old Gods were directly involved in destroying Theramore.
    Could you provide evidence of that? I'd like to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you provide evidence of that? I'd like to see it.
    There is no evidence for that. Hence why I used the word "imagine" The quote from Ill'gynoth is intentionally very vague. The Old God's are meant to mislead and confuse and sow seeds of distrust.

The quote could apply to several things or people, including Azeroth itself. There's no evidence or proof that it applies to any particular person or thing. Not yet.

What I'm doing - it's called speculation! I'm just giving an example of a possible scenario where this quote could relate to Jaina. It just as easily could not be true.
    Last edited by Leih; 2017-07-10 at 08:52 AM.

There is no evidence for that. The quote from Ill'gynoth is intentionally very vague. The Old God's are meant to mislead and confuse and sow seeds of distrust.

The quote could apply to several things or people, including Azeroth itself. There's no evidence or proof that it applies to any particular person or thing. Not yet.

What I'm doing - it's called speculation! I'm just giving an example of a possible scenario where this quote could relate to Jaina. It just as easily could not be true.
    Yes, I gathered it was speculation. Which why it also makes no sense to say it's about Jaina. There would be a Sha born from her ill will just like Garrosh fed the Sha of Pride. She was present on the Pandaria, in the Alliance base in Krasarang Wilds so the Sha could easily come across her since she was on the same island and lots more involvement with the Old Gods could could aid in that corruption but in 5.1 patch of content it isn't so.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-10 at 08:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I gathered it was speculation. Which why it also makes no sense to say it's about Jaina. There would be a Sha born from her ill will just like Garrosh fed the Sha of Pride. She was present on the Pandaria, in the Alliance base in Krasarang Wilds so the Sha could easily come across her since she was on the same island and lots more involvement with the Old Gods could could aid in that corruption but in 5.1 patch of content it isn't so.
    Who says it happened immediately?

15+ Year Old Account
    this is probably just something that is whispered to an alliance leader to make them start really questioning Sylvanas as the leader of the horde. This will be used as a method of pitting the alliance vs horde again to make it easier for the legion to take over azeroth...

Who says it happened immediately?
    Jaina was in 5.4 as well. She opened the portal to Orgrimmar and fought at the Harbour with us. The expansion has enough room to do little things, they even put lore from books outside the game franchise like the Blood Brother of Vol'jin at Vol'jin's funeral for Legion.
    They are going to miss an entire expansion for an Old God to working on Jaina's mind when Theramore bombings was a pre-cursor to Mists of Pandaria? Seems unlikely. And stupid, especially when Sha and Y'shaarj was all about feelings and mind games.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-10 at 09:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina was in 5.4 as well. She opened the portal to Orgrimmar and fought at the Harbour with us. The expansion has enough room to do little things, they even put lore from books outside the game franchise like the Blood Brother of Vol'jin at Vol'jin's funeral for Legion.
    They are going to miss an entire expansion for an Old God to working on Jaina's mind when Theramore bombings was a pre-cursor to Mists of Pandaria? Seems unlikely. And stupid, especially when Sha and Y'shaarj was all about feelings and mind games.
    It's Blizzard. Who's to say they didn't change their mind about what they want to do with Jaina after Mists was already over?

It's not like they didn't change their mind on what they wanna do with Garrosh about 3 different times because of player reaction.

I mean.... she's allready deserted us in the War against the Legion?...

From everything I can see this information and the quotes point directly to Sylvanas

It's Blizzard. Who's to say they didn't change their mind about what they want to do with Jaina after Mists was already over?

It's not like they didn't change their mind on what they wanna do with Garrosh about 3 different times because of player reaction.
    Yes it is Blizzard, and from years upon years of track record they've always been secretly and submissively adding things for the next chapter of the story, sometimes even bigger and obvious ones like Timeless Isle for Warlords of Draenor. You even have Chen's Lost Keg in vanilla Ratchet from an Orc which is about... Chen Stormstout, just 1 quest.

Jaina turning evil thanks to an Old God isn't going to be taken lightly and you had that kind of thing happen with Deathwing, prior to that, you had parts of Black Dragonflight being crooked and messed up for a while till Deathwing was individually cited in the MMORPG but the RTS will have difference with the whole Dragon Soul and Neltharion. Something like this isn't a major ploy that Blizzard would outwardly not avoid or change drastically especially when storylines are planned years in advance and all cross section each other, you'd get a calamity like Titan.

They need to keep to a course otherwise without a solid script, they can't do voice recordings and the rest of the game like models, coding, animation and such follow through. With PTR and Beta along with marketing and PR to get to the release date and even release. See how it ripples outwards from one concept to the end result? The universe is too big just to drop in and out lore stories.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-10 at 02:30 PM.