Page 1 of 3
LastLast

My Artifact Weapon Theory

Here is what I think will happen:

We meet the Army of Light and do some quest with a class specific general, lore character, w/e with them. At the end of the expansion, we give that person our artifact weapon to assist them in their fight with the void. They give us a kickass weapon in return, which stat-wise is equivalent to our artifact weapon but that way when we get a quest-green upgrade in the next expansion it doesn't feel as stupid as throwing away the Ashbringer.

I can't imagine Blizz will do something that destroys or de-powers our artifact and I can't think of any reason that we would still have it and not use it.

Deleted
    I think they will be destroyed. More dramatic

I may be one of the very very few but I like my truthguard. I would like to keep my artefact. I know it wont happen

I hope we continue to use them throughout leveling, that we even gain some new power for them, and that upon reaching max level next xpac, our characters are attacked, trapped, kidnapped or otherwise thrown in toa situation where we are permanently separated from our Artifacts. I think that would be a very smart way to get us away from them without being some kind of overdone trope, it's just a good device to use in a story if done properly, and just for some extra flavor have our characters go through some kind of quest where they learn to wield the power of their artifact on their own. In doing that they can simultaneously get us away from the weapons without cheapening them, and make our characters feel like they're growing in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    Here is what I think will happen:

We meet the Army of Light and do some quest with a class specific general, lore character, w/e with them. At the end of the expansion, we give that person our artifact weapon to assist them in their fight with the void. They give us a kickass weapon in return, which stat-wise is equivalent to our artifact weapon but that way when we get a quest-green upgrade in the next expansion it doesn't feel as stupid as throwing away the Ashbringer.

I can't imagine Blizz will do something that destroys or de-powers our artifact and I can't think of any reason that we would still have it and not use it.
    My theory was basically, as for the Ashbringer, that we'll be giving it to someone deemed more worth - Arator.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    I may be one of the very very few but I like my truthguard. I would like to keep my artefact. I know it wont happen
    You will be able to transmog its appearance over other weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think each spec will get his own different story as to where it will go.
    Some real weapons like Ashbringer(I guess Turalyon migh get it), Doomhammer, Thas'dorah (Alleria will want it back for sure) will probably be passed to other characters.

As for other weapons like the DH weapons that nobody ever heard of might get destroyed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    I think each spec will get his own different story as to where it will go.
    Some real weapons like Ashbringer(I guess Turalyon migh get it), Doomhammer, Thas'dorah (Alleria will want it back for sure) will probably be passed to other characters.

As for other weapons like the DH weapons that nobody ever heard of might get destroyed.
    Oh right, there are some very famous artifact weapons, i forgot about that.
    I think you are right, it will depend on the class.
    The demon hunter ones will be destroyed for sure xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Oh right, there are some very famous artifact weapons, i forgot about that.
    I think you are right, it will depend on the class.
    The demon hunter ones will be destroyed for sure xD
    Yeah one of the few weapons to actually damage Sargeras will be destroyed... real smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I think they will be destroyed. More dramatic
    Alleria seems to think she's taking hers back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The best solution is to handle each weapon differently. I mean, Xal'atath deserves to become a villain of its own in the future
    Knaifu is laifu. Imposhibru.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Yeah one of the few weapons to actually damage Sargeras will be destroyed... real smart.
    WoW it damaged Sargeras? Those weapons of some demon lord?

Man i am a noob in lore

My theory - We'll keep them. The AP will be reset, a few perks will be made baseline, and a new artifact talent tree/knowledge added. The artifact system solves a long standing issue that weapons count for most of our power. By having it split across three items (the relics), it balances it out a lot more. It also gets rid of the "2H or 1H?" arguments meaning fewer "specs" to balance.

I can't see them throwing it away.

I'm gonna miss my traits on my artifact, its going to change how I play next expansion when it suddenly goes away. I feel that Artifacts were a really bad idea in that regard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    My theory - We'll keep them. The AP will be reset, a few perks will be made baseline, and a new artifact talent tree/knowledge added. The artifact system solves a long standing issue that weapons count for most of our power. By having it split across three items (the relics), it balances it out a lot more. It also gets rid of the "2H or 1H?" arguments meaning fewer "specs" to balance.

I can't see them throwing it away.
    They already said they are a Legion thing and the AP system has been hated by a lot of people, especially raiders who are trying to stay competitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    They already said they are a Legion thing and the AP system has been hated by a lot of people, especially raiders who are trying to stay competitive.
    Oh, so 3% or less of players hate it. How about the actual playerbase of the game? You know, the supposed millions of people who play and very definitely are not competitive raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I'm gonna miss my traits on my artifact, its going to change how I play next expansion when it suddenly goes away. I feel that Artifacts were a really bad idea in that regard.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a lie in terms of the raiders thing. Raiders know that at a certain point right now there is no reason to even try to focus AP. AP has been a short grind for most raiders.

They should keep them and iterate on the system. I quite like the system with unlocking various skins and colors. They could refine it and find new/better ways to make it less grindy and more alt-friendly.

Why would we hand over incredibly powerful artifact weapons that we've mastered better than anyone else to another character? Especially when there are still other known threats out there like Azshara. I think they'll be drained of their power to help seal Sargeras. They did say it's a Legion only thing, but we'll keep our artifacts as well and be able to collect appearances next expansion, but that would probably explain story wise why we're not using them anymore next expansion.

Deleted
    Just let me 1hander and shield whilst healing going into the next xpac.

I mean, I love the skins of the silver hand, but I miss my shields

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh I think he is talking about the Affliction scythe (Ulthaless). It did not damage Sargeras but Sargeras felt that given enough souls that Scythe could grow strong enough to kill him
    Vengeange DH weapon damaged sargeras
    Bitch Pls