Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wonder how long it'll be before people start using new animations and spell effects as a point of "Muh olden days were better!"...

Quote Originally Posted by rakhakash View Post
    RIP Arcane Missiles, more and more of Warcraft's signature blocky texture and animations gone.
    ... That didn't take long.

"Signature"? Lmao, they were just dated as hell. We regularly have posts out here asking for WoW2 with a new engine for that exact same reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the spell animations are awesome.. why the HELL have Blizzard decided to take away all unique cast animations from each race...? I really do not understand why they are so incredibly stupid >_<
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2017-07-10 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    While the spell animations are awesome.. why the HELL have Blizzard decided to take away all unique cast animations from each race...? I really do not understand why they are so incredibly stupid >_<
    Only certain spells have the new casting animations, literally all other spells have the old race specific ones. I think it's nice and makes casting animations less monotonous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azarak View Post
    Only certain spells have the new casting animations, literally all other spells have the old race specific ones. I think it's nice and makes casting animations less monotonous.
    As a worgen caster I appreciate this.

Grats mages.. that's fucking awesome spell updates! I love the ice lance altering-hands-casting! Also the new blizzard finally will make u able to see where it lands!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Fire mage changes are... honestly kind of meh. I expected more. They look almost the same, if not a bit worse. Melee classes got awesome animation updates.

I'm just going to assume that the sounds are broken because it's PTR, and they aren't changing the casting sound from crackling fire to generic nature/arcane sounding.

I like some of the Mage changes, but I'm going to miss the old Arcane Explosion and Missiles sounds.

Also, for some better class history, check out Preach Gaming's "The Legacy of" videos.

The mage arcane explosion i thought was best change, frost and arcane look better but fire? Blizzard wtf are you like intellectually bankrupt or something? them changes look piss poor.
    I mean for pyroblast why not have a small ball of fire appear in front of your hands/body and it gets bigger during the cast which then releases...

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    The mage arcane explosion i thought was best change, frost and arcane look better but fire? Blizzard wtf are you like intellectually bankrupt or something? them changes look piss poor.
    I mean for pyroblast why not have a small ball of fire appear in front of your hands/body and it gets bigger during the cast which then releases...
    Because shamans are cooler and they get exactly that for lava burst.

Well, I certainly hope those animations are incomplete. I find them rather disappointing, truthfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    lmao signature snip
    For sure it's outdated as hell. But imo newer isn't always better. Although WoW has long and far been progressed beyond that point, I miss the Warcraft feel with this new stuff! (Yes I'm an old model fan)

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    Mage is Awful. They go and Remove what People LOVE... again. Those new Sounds... Are they serious ?

Awful
    Pretty sure nobody loved those trash outdated animations.
    And those old sounds were so god damn annoying.

New ones are so much better

I guess the people over at Gamepedia didn't like the constructive criticism everyone had for the Evolution of Warriors article they made... comments have been disabled, LOL! It's honestly an extremely poorly written article, very uninformative and inaccurate. I'm not quite sure why Chaud decided to feature it in today's post. I would highly recommend any fellow veteran Warriors to go take a look at it for a good laugh!

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    those animations looks much better than older.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire mage:
    • I like the new animation that has the player lean forward for Dragon's Breath. The rest of the changes are "meh" at best, though, with the different sound for Pyroblast being the worst (I keep expecting an ice-based spell).

Arcane mage:
    • Like the new Arcane Barrage, but don't like new Arcane Explosion nor Arcane missiles at all.

Frost mage:
    • I like the changes, with the exception of Flurry. The new sound for Flurry is good, but they should leave the animation unchanged.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2017-07-10 at 06:34 PM.

The blizzard spell is amazing! Got some chills from it, it looks and sounds like the warcraft 2 blizzard it felt when i saw it

10+ Year Old Account
    Evolution of Warriors? More like regression.

Aside from Ignore Pain warriors play almost worse than they did in Vanilla. No rendition of post-WotLK Warrior was fun except MoP Arms and WoD Gladiator. The fun of Fury was finding silly weapon combos (like dual felstriker) and tearing people a new hole within burst windows, or simply beating people to death with your fists after being disarmed. Post-merger class devs are trash.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-07-10 at 08:08 PM.

That warrior article is utter crap. No major changes since cataclysm? WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The Fire mage changes are... honestly kind of meh. I expected more. They look almost the same, if not a bit worse. Melee classes got awesome animation updates.

I'm just going to assume that the sounds are broken because it's PTR, and they aren't changing the casting sound from crackling fire to generic nature/arcane sounding.
    I think that's just because PTR, I know some spells were using the wrong animations all together the other day, most likely just a first pass.

Fury was perfect fine for leveling in Legion.