10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    There's a few stray Raen, certainly, but compared to the lofty amount of attention Xaela get I can understand why some Raen fans were disappointed.
    I got very excited when I saw them showing Doma -slide before SB release.

So, had some Bard in 65 dungeon refusing to do anything and insisted to be kicked after wiping once on boss.

- - - Updated - - -

[Follow-up] Simultaneous Logout Measures: Follow-up 2

With the cooperation of all our players, the simultaneous logout measures instituted have shown great effect. We are happy to confirm that logging in during peak hours will not require long queue times.

Based on this development, we will be ending the simultaneous logout measures for all Worlds and would like to express our greatest appreciation for all your cooperation once again.

Learn more about New World and World population balancing incentives: http://sqex.to/akt

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...b1623ae6695661

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    oh hm.
    There we go, maybe, no idea.
    Dear fren Remilia,

Gib.

Sincerelestly,
    Faroth

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I would love for that to be true but I just can't see it happening. They're probably already working on the zones for the next expansion so it would divert effort from that. It would be cool though as we explored only what, half of Othard?
    If we continue a push to Garlemald for some reason, the other half of Othard may be part of taking us further inland on the continent.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-07-10 at 12:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    If we continue a push to Garlemald for some reason, the other half of Othard may be part of taking us further inland on the continent.
    I do hope they do that.
    The far east part of the map still has so much potential for areas.
    The island east of Hingashi.

And then then the whole western area of that map.

That said i wonder whats up with that moon like landscape and the huge worm in it, it creeps me out.
    (Anyone good enough in eorzean to translate how that region is called?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I don't think they're THAT rare. You see several in Kugane, among the Confederates, and in Yanxia.
    Which is why I said that it isn't reflected in the game, as it would be quite boring for us to almost never encounter a Raen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not if this is 100% accurate but it gives some translations for these.

Better image:

Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    I do hope they do that.
    The far east part of the map still has so much potential for areas.

That said i wonder whats up with that moon like landscape and the huge worm in it, it creeps me out.
    (Anyone good enough in eorzean to translate how that region is called?)
    The Burn for the "moon" area. Guess that's a lava worm that's burned everything to ash and the craters are where it pops up. Sounds like something we should go kill. XD

The brown area above is The Knowing Sea. Taken alone and out of context it looks really polluted until you realize that all the water on the map looks that way. :P
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-07-10 at 01:51 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    The Burn for the "moon" area. Guess that's a lava worm that's burned everything to ash and the craters are where it pops up. Sounds like something we should go kill. XD
    Nah, it's fine - I'm sure that worm will stay there and not cause any damage to other areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    How about it just stays there and we go about our merry way in the other direction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    How about it just stays there and we go about our merry way in the other direction.
    I like the sound of this plan....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    I like the sound of this plan....
    You know we can't do that...it's probably the Primal of a group of Beastman worm peoples and if we don't destroy it the Burns will eventually swallow up the rest of Othard. That's probably Aether starved land over there that the Primal is leeching after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    You know we can't do that...it's probably the Primal of a group of Beastman worm peoples and if we don't destroy it the Burns will eventually swallow up the rest of Othard. That's probably Aether starved land over there that the Primal is leeching after all.
    I say we build a giant portal and hotdrop it onto Garlemald. We heard you guys like killing Eikons, so...happy holidays!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    You're moving the problem on. Adding more Tanks without also adding more Healers still leaves you with long queues.

The goal is to get Tanks, Healers and DPS queuing up in a 1:1:2 ratio. That way groups would be formed immediately and you'd go straight to the dungeon. To make happen you need to either add more Tanks and Healers or reduce the number of DPS.

I don't know how to explain to you that this is exactly what the reward system would do.
    I used numbers, I used letters, I used examples.

Your train of thought seems to be stuck at the first step and it seems like you can't go any further than that.

When it shifts to healers, healers will get the reward and thus more healers will use the duty finder. (that's the idea)
    The amount and frequency of damage dealers will remain the same and damage dealer is the class that has long queue times

You are making it sound as if all tanks that are currently in queue, switch to healers whenever the reward shifts, and all healers switch to tanks and no groups are being formed

Bollocks

It seems like you forget that the duty finder will also be used by tanks and healers without any rewards - because otherwise, you wouldn't get your DRs done as a DD.
    The rewards will increase the amount players that are missing to start groups.
    If at one point, you have enough tanks - but now you are missing healers, the reward will lure in healers to start new groups.

This is how queue times get shorter.

Right now, even without the cluster/pile of gil as a reward, what do you think SE's goal was/is when they added the text "adventurer in need" and added some minor rewards? What is it trying to accomplish?
    The reason why they don't go all out with the reward is because it could hurt the economy. That is the thin line they have to walk. Not because it would "shift" the problem.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-07-10 at 04:44 PM.

So I just got the dark knight sword from that fate boss in yanxia. Besides that and the fox fate what other fates give unique rewards?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Looking for some perspective:

For anyone who hunts somewhat actively, about how long do people on your server wait before pulling? Apparently waiting 3 mins after arriving at a hunt call out, shouting "Anyone on the way for <t> <pos>?" (with the <t> being the hunt mob) then pulling if no one responds after 15 seconds is considered the actions of an early puller.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    You are making it sound as if all tanks that are currently in queue, switch to healers whenever the reward shifts, and all healers switch to tanks and no groups are being formed
    The fact that AiN exists at all means there's a shortage of one role. If you went ahead and chucked a billion Tanks into the queue, then you'd have enough tanks for every group. You would lack enough healers to go around.

If people are only tanking for the reward then as soon as you take that away from them they either stop queueing or queue for the role which is getting the reward. Regardless of the outcome, the end result is the same. Less tanks queueing - Which in turn leads to fewer groups being formed. (Then obviously the Duty finder would then readjust the AiN back to tanks to help correct the problem, meaning the bonus would swap between Tanks and Healers)

AiN is itself a symptomn of the problem. The long term sustainable solution is to get more people playing tanks and healers, that means shorter queues for everyone across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    The reason why they don't go all out with the reward is because it could hurt the economy. That is the thin line they have to walk. Not because it would "shift" the problem.
    This is EXACTLY what I've been saying! Squenix would need to offer rediculous rewards to get people to swap to Tanking and Healing long term. They cannot do that without completely destroying their games reward structures. They need to look for ways other than AiN to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The fact that AiN exists at all means there's a shortage of one role. If you went ahead and chucked a billion Tanks into the queue, then you'd have enough tanks for every group. You would lack enough healers to go around.

If people are only tanking for the reward then as soon as you take that away from them they either stop queueing or queue for the role which is getting the reward. Regardless of the outcome, the end result is the same. Less tanks queueing - Which in turn leads to fewer groups being formed. (Then obviously the Duty finder would then readjust the AiN back to tanks to help correct the problem, meaning the bonus would swap between Tanks and Healers)

AiN is itself a symptomn of the problem. The long term sustainable solution is to get more people playing tanks and healers, that means shorter queues for everyone across the board.

This is EXACTLY what I've been saying! Squenix would need to offer rediculous rewards to get people to swap to Tanking and Healing long term. They cannot do that without completely destroying their games reward structures. They need to look for ways other than AiN to fix the problem.
    Adventurer in even more need?

It seems to me that you guys are either arguing nothing or the same thing using different words. I went back 3 or 4 posts and couldn't figure out what the argument was.

I question how much the "in need" matters. I have never once opened up the DF to find out if I was in need. If I happen to see that it is healers instead of tanks, I say "oh nice", but I intended to queue anyway. If I had all three leveled to 70, might I pick the "in need" class? Maybe... but I don't think I'd ever open up DF just to get a bonus.

Do any of you alt-o-holics change the class you wanted to queue based on "in need"?

To skew the topic a little bit, I did enjoy reading Ghostcrawler's post on the main page about this topic sometime in the last year. I wish I could have found it as he is much better at communicating it then I.

He spoke on the likelyhood that more people liked to play DPS because there was less responsibility and accountability.

Essentially he mused on whether the queue times were a product of the number or people wanting to play tank and healer, or if the queue time itself was the threshold. As if 20 minuets (number made up) was the point where people said "fuckit, I'll play tank then".

He wished he could just push a button and let in an extra dps without all the design problems that would follow. Just to see if the (dps) queue times would stay markedly lower, or if the average queue time would just creep back up to around where it was, as more people were happy to give up the responsibility.

I too have that curiousity. I've a feeling it would creep back up, but stay slightly lower. Balenced both around people who like to tank or heal and people who tank or heal just because of the queue times. I think for each dps you would add to the party, average queue times would drop less and less (that the bigger effect on the number of non-dps are the queue-times).
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-07-10 at 05:28 PM.

The AiN thing does not impact me at this point; I get enough cracked clusters to last for ages by hunting, and since I'm often grouping with friends and FC folks, the role I play is often determined by the group of folks I'm with. Right now I'm bringing up WHM, and after that's done, I'll bring up DRK so that I can cover all 3 trinity roles. Beyond that, I'll simply bring up whatever I feel like playing, although I will probably try to coordinate that with friends/FC so that if one of us is tank or healer, the other(s) run dps since the queue times will be super short thanks to one of us being tank/healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to start gathering enough crafting materials to reach 80,000,000 Gil.

Already regretting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Looking for some perspective:

For anyone who hunts somewhat actively, about how long do people on your server wait before pulling? Apparently waiting 3 mins after arriving at a hunt call out, shouting "Anyone on the way for <t> <pos>?" (with the <t> being the hunt mob) then pulling if no one responds after 15 seconds is considered the actions of an early puller.
    That's rather silly. IME if you're gonna do Hunts, you drop what you're doing within seconds to get OTW, esp. for an S-Rank. I think that was plenty of time to let even the slow loaders get in the zone and shout for invites. If you had a full party ready to go, I don't see that as 'pulling early'. If someone really wanted you to wait, that was on them to make sure it was relayed. Otherwise, it's one hunt. Not the end of the world if you miss it.