Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Post Strength of Horde vs Alliance leaders

Help me settle a wager, Based on legion information which faction currently has the stronger faction leaders.

Personally I think its the alliance because Velen and Malfurion tip the scales so much.

Alliance - Leader (King Anduin Wrynn / Genn Greymane)
    Racial leaders
    Human - Anduin
    Nightelf- Tyrande Whisperwind & Malfurion Stormrage
    Gnomes- Gelbin Mekkatorque
    Dreanei- Prophet Velen
    Worgen- Genn Greymane
    Dwarf- Council of Three Hammers

Horde - Warchief ( Sylvanas)
    Racial Leaders
    Forsaken- Sylvanas Windrunner
    Orc- Varok Saurfang
    Troll- Rokhan
    Tauren- Baine Bloodhoof
    Goblin- Jastor Gallywix
    Blood Elf- Lor'themar Theron

I would like to know what other think since I do not know enough about Rokhan or Jastor Gallywix.

I think Varok Saurfang would do a lot of damage so most of the squishy Alliance leaders but that being said
    the alliance does have 3 priests ( Anduin, Velen and Moria) so thats a lot of healing.

alliance have the edge by far. velen and malfurion, tyrande to a lesser extent, stronger than all of the horde leaders together.

on on horde side, only rommath(i guess he can be considered a leader) is really a power house.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    alliance have the edge by far. velen and malfurion, tyrande to a lesser extent, stronger than all of the horde leaders together.

on on horde side, only rommath(i guess he can be considered a leader) is really a power house.
    It is a difficult thing to say because I think that saurfang would be able to cleave tyrande very early in the fight since the only real counter to him would be Genn ( that is if we use the wolfheart statistics of worgen being super fast and strong).

Velens only real power display was when he sacrificed himself in warlords of Dreanor

Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    It is a difficult thing to say because I think that saurfang would be able to cleave tyrande very early in the fight since the only real counter to him would be Genn ( that is if we use the wolfheart statistics of worgen being super fast and strong).

Velens only real power display was when he sacrificed himself in warlords of Dreanor
    velen's able to stalemate with kil'jaeden in a beam struggle in tomb.

tyrande has elune's favor, and can call on a shield that not even a massive blast of fel can break, saurfang can't cut that with an axe.

Yeah, nothing to discuss here, Velen and Malfurion spoil this too much. Even if Thrall was still relevant, there would be no comparison. More interesting quesion would be alliance military vs horde military, imo.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    velen's able to stalemate with kil'jaeden in a beam struggle in tomb.

tyrande has elune's favor, and can call on a shield that not even a massive blast of fel can break, saurfang can't cut that with an axe.
    And yet she got beaten by orcish archers. Elune seems to flip a coin on if she will help Tyrande or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah, nothing to discuss here, Velen and Malfurion spoil this too much. Even if Thrall was still relevant, there would be no comparison. More interesting question would be alliance military vs horde military, imo.
    Honestly I originally was going to do a military comparison but after the Siege plus Warlords and legion, the horde is really falling behind the alliance big time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human - Anduin
    Always hated, but watching his development in cinematics, eh maybe.

Nightelf- Tyrande Whisperwind & Malfurion Stormrage

Never liked Co-Leaders and honestly I think it's kind of insulting that either need a babysitter.

Gnomes- Gelbin Mekkatorque

One of my favorite leaders, not nearly enough story material dedicated to him.

Dreanei- Prophet Velen

Radical fanatic, which is ok I guess, but kind of annoying.

Worgen- Genn Greymane

For sure a Strong candidate for leadership, I have always like Genn since his formal introduction in the WoW the game.

Dwarf- Council of Three Hammers

Has kind of a granfatherish feel to their race more noble in nature.

Horde - Warchief ( Sylvanas)
    Bad idea, unstable, and I for sure see her being the next villain and helping the burning legion.

Racial Leaders
    Forsaken- Sylvanas Windrunner

Mistake!

Orc- Varok Saurfang

Good Replacement

Troll- Rokhan

Seems Logical

Tauren- Baine Bloodhoof

Not enough story to really care about him or the Tauren that said what I've come to know very logical choice

Goblin- Jastor Gallywix

Kind of like Gnomes but more or less a comic relief element of Horde, generally not funny

Blood Elf- Lor'themar Theron

Hate Bloodelves, but I kind of would like to see the story and their leader, stepped up as more story unforlds.

But over all yes, I agree, Alliance has the edge but that is mostly because of some of what I have watched with the Cinematics and his future being told as some sore of prophecy where he is like a religious figure or hero or something.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The strength of leaders is meaningless. They can be a factor but overall it's the armies that fight, win or lose battles. Moreover, leaders may be powerful all they want but they're still mere individuals made of flesh and blood and war is hardly decided by 1v1 duels. Set an ambush of assassins to kill Malfurion and rest assured that he'll die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    And yet she got beaten by orcish archers. Elune seems to flip a coin on if she will help Tyrande or not.
    eh, that was another moment of needing to make tyrande be saved from herself by the wise, strong man.

if any character has suffered from gender biases in writing, it's tyrande.

Not strong to defeat the Legion, it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    eh, that was another moment of needing to make tyrande be saved from herself by the wise, strong man.

if any character has suffered from gender biases in writing, it's tyrande.
    I don't know. When I look at characters like Sylvanas, Rogers or even Jaina, Tyrande seems to be bad because she's actually sort of bad. Her characterization is also quite the clusterfuck, almost as messed up as Vereesa's.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Both sides would be utterly obliterated by lord mudmug.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I don't know. When I look at characters like Sylvanas, Rogers or even Jaina, Tyrande seems to be bad because she's actually sort of bad. Her characterization is also quite the clusterfuck, almost as messed up as Vereesa's.
    she had a hot temper and impetuous nature. but she has been relegated to little more than arm candy in wow.

Varian is basically undefeatable at this point. You can divide him in two, and you just have twice as many Varians.

Though he is weak to his archnemesis, a stiff breeze.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    she had a hot temper and impetuous nature
    In WC3 maybe. In the WotA trilogy she was way quietier and kind-hearted, reason for why the fuss about the "hush, Tyrande" was misplaced, as she was clearly a way softer and somewhat dumber character back then. In WoW (modern times) they try to make Tyrande look hot tempered and impetuous but the attempt always backfires and simply makes her look retarded.

Overall when I look at the big picture I see very few things to like about Tyrande but that's just me.

What do you mean by strongest? When it comes to lore and story, Alliance is will ahead of Horde at this point. We've been killing off Horde leaders like it's cool with no replacements. The majority of current Sylvanas comes from Cata and Panda. Baine stopped being developed in Cata Panda too. Goblin, lol. Blood Elves, if it weren't the most popular race, I wouldn't even know they were in the game. Alliance leaders on the other hand are always present it seems, especially this expansion. Everyone also got to know AU Velen really well through WoD, and he is damn close to our Velen. Tyrande and Malfurion are unfortunately present everywhere.

Now if we were to talk about outright strength, who would win in a fight, Horde leaders 100%, all are warriors to some extent, cut their teeth in battle, on the battlefields. The best fighters alliance has as a leader would probably be Genn, who gets smacked around by Nathanos Blightcaller and Sylvanas after he sneak attacks her. Varian, if he were alive would definitely be the strongest fighter of the factions, but he's not, and id also be able to bring out Cairne and Garrosh at that point. Tyrande could potentially be a threat too. Malfurion is capable of impressive feats, but he isn't a fighter.
    Overall the leadership of the Horde and Alliance reflects what those respective races hold more sacred. Horde values strength, Alliance values stoicism and leadership.

Feats of strength and story Alliance wins, on a battlefield Horde wins.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    What do you mean by strongest? When it comes to lore and story, Alliance is will ahead of Horde at this point. We've been killing off Horde leaders like it's cool with no replacements. The majority of current Sylvanas comes from Cata and Panda. Baine stopped being developed in Cata Panda too. Goblin, lol. Blood Elves, if it weren't the most popular race, I wouldn't even know they were in the game. Alliance leaders on the other hand are always present it seems, especially this expansion. Everyone also got to know AU Velen really well through WoD, and he is damn close to our Velen. Tyrande and Malfurion are unfortunately present everywhere.

Now if we were to talk about outright strength, who would win in a fight, Horde leaders 100%, all are warriors to some extent, cut their teeth in battle, on the battlefields. The best fighters alliance has as a leader would probably be Genn, who gets smacked around by Nathanos Blightcaller and Sylvanas after he sneak attacks her. Varian, if he were alive would definitely be the strongest fighter of the factions, but he's not, and id also be able to bring out Cairne and Garrosh at that point. Tyrande could potentially be a threat too. Malfurion is capable of impressive feats, but he isn't a fighter.
    Overall the leadership of the Horde and Alliance reflects what those respective races hold more sacred. Horde values strength, Alliance values stoicism and leadership.

Feats of strength and story Alliance wins, on a battlefield Horde wins.
    like i said, velen stalemated fucking kil'jaeden in a beam struggle. he's basically a light demigod.

malfurion nearly soloed two armies singlehandedly...

those two alone are strong than all the horde leaders combined. sylvanas is barely stronger than nathanos, since she fared as well against genn as him. baine? he has no magical power, he's just a warrior. same for saurfang.

the only magic the horde really has is in sylvanas with her necromantic abilities(she would be literally exploded by velen without effort), and rommath. rommath is probably one of the strongest mortal wizards on azeroth right now, but that ranking isn't exactly that high given the raw power of people like khadgar, the player mage, and azshara. he's definitely not enough to stand against someone like malfurion.

warriors don't mean shit in this world of magic, my dude.

Only Horde leader with any sort of real power is Sylvanas (and Rokhan, but he's not quite a leader yet), and I doubt she'd be able to beat Malfurion or Velen. Maybe Tyrande, probably Anduin at his current stage, as well as the Council. Horde leaders are mostly brute strength and prowess, Alliance is mostly magic and ingenuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Only Horde leader with any sort of real power is Sylvanas (and Rokhan, but he's not quite a leader yet), and I doubt she'd be able to beat Malfurion or Velen. Maybe Tyrande, probably Anduin at his current stage, as well as the Council. Horde leaders are mostly brute strength and prowess, Alliance is mostly magic and ingenuity.
    rommath is stronger than sylvanas.

sylvanas only has a bit of necromantic power, she fared no better against genn than nathanos did. an old man, albeit enhanced by the worgen curse. but still just an ancient old man by human standards.