Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You can use 2pc 4pc to keep the haste buff after casting a chaos bolt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    You can use 2pc 4pc to keep the haste buff after casting a chaos bolt.
    I know, but that would mean losing the Lessons of Space Time and I don't think it's worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question about Eradication. With the travel time on Chaos Bolt, when I'm in a burst period where I want to fit in 2-3 Chaos Bolts, should I be casting them "early" into the Eradication debuff? For example, I notice if I cast CB with a little more than ~3 seconds left on Eradication, with travel time the debuff will refresh itself before it expires. Whereas if I cast CB with say, ~2 seconds left on Eradication the debuff will fall off for a brief period before the next CB lands.

Does that...make sense? I guess my question is does my Chaos Bolt (and other travel time spells) calculate its damage as soon as it casts, or when it lands on the target? Do I want to cast CB with ~3+ seconds left on the debuff to make sure it doesn't actually fall off?

Spells are calculated the moment you finished the cast, travel time doesn't matter.
    There are exceptions like Shatter for mages but those are rare spec specific cases.

In the case of Eradication, you want to finish the CB cast with the debuff still left on the target.
    And yes, you want to maintain as high as possible uptime of Erad, since it buffs everything, from your GoServ Imp to your normal Imp/filler etc..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    ... since it buffs everything, from your GoServ Imp to your normal Imp/filler etc..
    It's not buffing the damage of the pet / rift (rift are pet).

7+ Year Old Account
    So i got the netherlord ring yesterday and playing actually with spacetime and feratorry.
    Should i change one of them for the ring?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    So i got the netherlord ring yesterday and playing actually with spacetime and feratorry.
    In single target fights? Nope.
    In two target fights? Maybe.
    In three+ target fights? No.

The plus of the ring is it doesn't fuck up gearing tier sets.

Sim yourself, for my char its 1-2% ahead of feretory, YMMV.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I'm currently using the 4set T20 + 2set T19. Would it be worth giving up the T19 pieces for a 30 and 20 ilv increase? It raises my average ilv from 914 to 917.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm currently using the 4set T20 + 2set T19. Would it be worth giving up the T19 pieces for a 30 and 20 ilv increase? It raises my average ilv from 914 to 917.
    It's really individual based on what you have, you have to sim different options under different conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's really individual based on what you have, you have to sim different options under different conditions.
    This is often the answer; more people need to realize that due to the different combos of gear/tier/relics/legendaries/ilevels/war-titanforge and so on....along with the variety of boss fights/targets that it is very often the case that only personal sims of several boss conditions is going to give you the kind of information you need.

I see people giving advice on gear all the time, especially on discord, and it's often just really bad advice (or advice that MAY turn out to be good but without knowing more about someone's gear we couldn't possibly predetermine).

Personal sims under several conditions is usually the answer.

friends, i'm wondering if people have time to look at my destro logs for a second. i'm 5/9 and typically parse high 80s low 90s but i want them oranges and i know there are things i'm doing in my rotation that are holding me back a bit. i've just been pretty.. set in my ways, playing on a low pop server with literally no other raiding destro locks makes it hard to find feedback.. that i think it'd be nice to have some input on the things i'm doing wrong to take me to the land of the orange.

94% Goroth: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=10

88% DI: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=17

94% Harj: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16

80% Host: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=7

88% Sisters: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=8

any small trends you notice would be great. i'm not the best at reading logs (i try) but have a hard time figuring out if i'm casting CB's unbuffed when i shouldn't be, missing erads, misuing rifts, not spending conflags properly, etc. in raid, i don't have anyone to criticize what i do.

fight suggestions are gucci too. if i'm missing anything on the encounter, a heads up would be much appreciated.

in regards to legendaries, i have every legendary Destro can use except Demo Bracers.
    Last edited by Jondar; 2017-08-04 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I don't feel like we generate enough shards quickly enough to be able to keep cycling CB within a 4 second window and overall the better gear will win out when playing eradication, since you want to space out your CB's enough to keep the debuff rolling.

Deleted
    For eradication, should I cast chaos bolt so that it actually hits the target with eradication active, or just finish the cast, no matter if it hits the target with eradiction active?

Or in other words, should I take the travel time in account when casting chaos bolt to be buffed?

Deleted
    Damage of spells are calculated and set at the end of the cast.

So no, you don't need to account for travel time.

Quote Originally Posted by Valithra View Post
    For eradication, should I cast chaos bolt so that it actually hits the target with eradication active, or just finish the cast, no matter if it hits the target with eradiction active?

Or in other words, should I take the travel time in account when casting chaos bolt to be buffed?
    Normally debuffs are calculated at the time of damage but for some reason eradication is calculated at the time of cast, so you just need to make sure any casts are completed before eradication falls off.

Incinerate

Incinerate is only a filler spell for when you have nothing better to do. It does not generate Soul Shards. It has no impact on the rest of the rotation. Do not collect $200 and go directly to Jail.

Is this sarcasm?

@mirix the guide is very old and not maintained. Honestly not even sure why its still pinned.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    I know, but that would mean losing the Lessons of Space Time and I don't think it's worth it.
    Not as much as you'd think. I run 2pc/4pc with prydaz and feretory, and apparently it only sims 12k dps lower than 4pc with lessons.
    Which is absolutely worth it because the spec is much more fun to play with the constant haste buff, and prydaz is just immensely useful when you don't have to sacrifice a lot of dps to get it.

Edit - looking forward to T21, 2pc T19/4pc T21 is simming 14k behind lessons with the 950 offspec helm I'm using. (triple 2set bonus was significantly behind)
    Last edited by crazyman2; 2017-11-29 at 07:41 AM.