Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Is the one dead the baby that was lost?...

If not then wouldn't it be two dead?...
    Unfortunately, the law doesn't work that way.

I would agree that the loss of potential life is absolutely tragic, but babies are delivered pre-term all the time, especially in cases where the baby may be lost due to complications with the mother. If it doesn't have a social security number, and you can't claim it on your taxes, it doesn't exist. I know that's a really cold asshole way of looking at it... but... it is what it is.

The right to bring such a lawsuit on behalf of an unborn child depends on the laws of each particular state. As of 2013, 40 states recognize a claim for wrongful death of an unborn child. Of those States that recognize the claim for wrongful death, 27 states and the District of Columbia allow a wrongful death suit only if the child was viable at the time of his or her death. 13 states allow suits even for a child that was not viable at the time of death.

10 states do not include a fetus of any viability stage in the definition of a “person” in their wrongful death statutes. These states require a child to be born alive first, and then die thereafter in order to be the subject of a wrongful death claim.

Based upon the different statutory definitions of wrongful death, the outcome of the two recent tragic incidents are not the same. Indiana is one of the 27 States that allow for a wrongful death claim if the child was at a viable age at the time of death. Because 35 weeks is considered an age in which a fetus would be able to live outside of the womb, the Indiana family would be able to bring a claim for wrongful death for both the mother and her unborn child. Conversely, because the unborn child of the 39 year-old New Jersey woman was not actually born alive prior to dying; she cannot bring an action for the death of her child against the responsible driver.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It should be illegal to find out before your baby is born. It should always be a surprise. And I dont want to hear some bullshit about how it makes it easier to buy clothes or paint a room. You can buy gender neutral stuff and then get gender appropriate stuff when they outgrow it, which they do quickly
    Ya because ultrasounds are just fucking pointless and don't save lives ever amirite?

But don't you dare look at the undercarriage or you're going to jail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Are they assuming the baby's gender?

That's such an awful thing to do.
    Yeah man, what the fuck is wrong with people. I bet they only have a 2 gender list. God damn LGBTphobics.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Unfortunately, the law doesn't work that way.

I would agree that the loss of potential life is absolutely tragic, but babies are delivered pre-term all the time, especially in cases where the baby may be lost due to complications with the mother. If it doesn't have a social security number, and you can't claim it on your taxes, it doesn't exist. I know that's a really cold asshole way of looking at it... but... it is what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya because ultrasounds are just fucking pointless and don't save lives ever amirite?

But don't you dare look at the undercarriage or you're going to jail?
    So if someone shot a 9 month, ready to pop, woman through the belly, killing the baby and the woman. This wouldn't be considered a double homicide? Genuinely curious.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    So if someone shot a 9 month, ready to pop, woman through the belly, killing the baby and the woman. This wouldn't be considered a double homicide? Genuinely curious.
    Depends on the laws of the state. Some yes, some no. Essentially it follows a lot of the same logic as abortion.

https://www.injurylawyer.com/blog/do...-unborn-fetus/

Two babes with one bullet.

I apologize for my sins.
    I'll see myself out.

Depends on the state.

There was a case a while back about a man that killed his pregnant wife. Scott Peterson. He was convicted of 1st degree murder against his wife, and 2nd degree for the baby.

My cousin just had a gender reveal party for her pregnancy, too. Thought it was kind of dumb. My husband and I are actively trying, but a gender reveal party seems excessive. She also had a baby shower.

Either way... hope they find the person. Horrible, horrible event.

As retarded as I think gender reveal parties are, both in concept and practice, assholes who come to shoot at people aren't helping. I hope the perp/s get express trip w/o return to the slammer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    She also had a baby shower.
    I hope all babies have showers, or they have horrible parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    That is tragic. I hope these assholes are in prison for a very, very, very long time.
    why should anyone get to live in prison while another is dead from their actions...

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    From Rueters
    http://www.reuters.com/video/2017/07...eoId=372059867

'Police say a woman was killed and eight others were shot, including three children, after gunfire erupted at a gender reveal party near Cincinnati, Ohio. Linda So reports.

A gender reveal party near Cincinnati, Ohio erupting in gunfire. One woman is dead, and eight others injured, including three children after police say multiple gunshots were heard coming from the home late Saturday night. Authorities are searching for two men who fled the scene after the shooting. Family members say a pregnant woman was shot in the leg and lost her baby. The three injured children are being treated at a local hospital. Partygoers tell police they were watching a movie when gunfire rang out. The motive for the shooting remains unclear.'
    That's really messed up, I hope they find the assholes.

Anyone know why the asshats chose that house to do what they did? - Gang / Mafia / Something?

There was a few articles in the Danish media, but no one knew why it was that particular house.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Not sure when in the pregnancy this party was, but in Norway the reveal party is usually more towards the end of the pregnancy. So it would be a baby.

Oh and even if it was a 5 week "old" baby, try telling the parents that "hey chill, only a fetus that died, right? Lololol"
    a baby is a baby after it has been born. before that, it's a fetus.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    a baby is a baby after it has been born. before that, it's a fetus.
    Might be true, but try telling the mother that. "Hey, no sweat, only a fetus that died." But w/e, this whole thread is complete utter cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That makes sense! I was thinking other things.
    You were not the only one. Thanks a lot, SJW's.

Makes me all the more puzzled, though. Why would someone do such a thing? My bet is on some kind of meddling with crime on the background. Regular people don't just randomly pop into a party to shoot people.

Might be true, but try telling the mother that. "Hey, no sweat, only a fetus that died." But w/e, this whole thread is complete utter cancer.
    That is what make MMO-GenOT so entertaining to observe. The absolute mental gymnastics people go through to push their particular narrative is truly astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    That is what make MMO-GenOT so entertaining to observe. The absolute mental gymnastics people go through to push their particular narrative is truly astounding.
    No shit, what a bunch of heartless SOB's.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    oh of course you don't bloody tell the mother that. but factually, it is correct

Woah! Maybe she hired the bad guys to attack her party!

I'm serious. lol

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDnfi9jIwMI

same person was attacked in parking lot in 2015