Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I disagree. Back then players were far more hard-core as they are right now. 2 or 3 day raiding guilds simply barely existed in TBC. 5-6 days, 4 hours a night was the norm for even a casual rank 2000 guild trying to clear black temple. Back then the players in top guilds certainly played the game as much, if not more as current raiders do. Split raiding did not exist just because people were playing less, no it did not exist because flexible lockouts did not exist and there was only a single difficulty. Alts did not exist because people were lazy, but because you could easily spend 15 hours a day optimizing your main character, mostly farming consumables and stuff in the world, and because it took an insane amount of time to even get a few epic items on your main character.

Nah people certainly played as much, if not more back then.
    People played that much but we certainly didn't raid this much... this madness started with sunwell after ~9 (or whatever) months of BT farm and people being bored to death. We raided I think 19:30-23:30 (occasional extension for example after we got attuned to BT and occasional early start ~17) and we were top ~2/3 guild until sunwell when all the 12h+ raid madness started with curse(sk)/nihilum.

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    I am thy Prophet and I announce this : Kil'Jaeden M will not die today.

-

I bet they are trying real hard to get him down this reset because after all the extra gear they'll get after Wed, the odds of him falling quickly increase and at that point literally any minute will matter.
    who knows, maybe they still wiping at 60%.... even 1-2ilvl won't help you there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurimlinn View Post
    When was the last time an end boss lasted more than 2 lockouts? I've followed every race loosely and I can't think of any that are recent.
    Archimonde

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    who knows, maybe they still wiping at 60%.... even 1-2ilvl won't help you there.
    They must be at 200-250 pulls by now.

No boss has needed more than 500 since late Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I disagree. Back then players were far more hard-core as they are right now. 2 or 3 day raiding guilds simply barely existed in TBC. 5-6 days, 4 hours a night was the norm for even a casual rank 2000 guild trying to clear black temple. Back then the players in top guilds certainly played the game as much, if not more as current raiders do. Split raiding did not exist just because people were playing less, no it did not exist because flexible lockouts did not exist and there was only a single difficulty. Alts did not exist because people were lazy, but because you could easily spend 15 hours a day optimizing your main character, mostly farming consumables and stuff in the world, and because it took an insane amount of time to even get a few epic items on your main character.

Nah people certainly played as much, if not more back then.
    Your knowledge on raiding seems mediocre at best, no offense. Split raids started because of limited attempts in raids, not because flex raiding was implemented or multiple difficulties. Alt gearing and split raids started becoming common for top guilds in Wrath because of limited attempt bosses, not because of what you mentioned. Guilds were doing multiple alt runs in Wrath to learn the limited attempt boss encounters. Method and Paragon were doing multiple split raids before flexible lock outs existed in Cata because they realized that it was easy enough to carry half a raid through normal mode and funnel gear to 5-10 people to gear for heroic modes that required them to do so.

But go on about how "hard" it was in the old days, and completely ignore legendary and AP grinding, legendary upgrade grinding, and the sheer amount of raid grinding these guilds now do. I heard Method only did 6 split raids of Tomb during its release week, amateurs. They probably only did that on top of multiple mythic NH/EN/Trial splits, grinding mythic+, daily heroic/mythic for leg upgrades and world quests to maximize their characters. All that's nothing compared to the mat grinding you mentioned right? Oh except that most top guilds didn't worry about that 'cause they had the gold to buy that shit for their members.

Please, go on about how little time it takes to optimize a character compared to vanilla/BC when most top players literally only had one way they could maximize a character: raid a single raid.
    Last edited by Stay Frosty; 2017-07-10 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    No boss has needed more than 500 since late Cata.
    Archimonde took 600 for Paragon and 700 for Exorsus i think? Method killed him way faster sure, you can't compare their current roster to the one they had in WoD, even if players are just as good roster is still being developed, comparing to previous Method core that played with each other for years.

Deleted
    Alpha just had a 4% wipe on Avatar with 2 dps dead :/

Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    Archimonde took 600 for Paragon and 700 for Exorsus i think? Method killed him way faster sure, you can't compare their current roster to the one they had in WoD, even if players are just as good roster is still being developed, comparing to previous Method core that played with each other for years.
    No sparkuggz, no kuznam no dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    No sparkuggz, no kuznam no dream
    Dream team died a long time ago

These bosses would have been dead long ago. Things started going downhill in WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    whats the alpha stream again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    hope for us they kill him, so at least one guild will share some more of KJ with us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    whats the alpha stream again?
    https://www.twitch.tv/vizoukgg

Oh, didn't realize it was a twitch stream, remember seeing something on a chinese site. Thx

Looks like this race is dragging. Kind of exciting, but from the twitter posts looks more like a poorly constructed fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Al'akir, Cho'gall and Nefarian.

Well and Ra-Den but that's different.
    Archimonde Mythic was killed in early in the 3rd reset aswell. M opend 1 july, and archi dies 16th.

Deleted
    This looks like the first full day where a guild hasnt changed their comp (Exorsus)

Method taking a break doing their weekly NH looking at armory

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Cho'gall wasn't the end boss of BoT, that was Sinestra.
    Cho'gall was the end boss, if you want to correct his post then Ra-Den wasn't an end boss.

Secret boss and end boss are completely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by zluul View Post
    This looks like the first full day where a guild hasnt changed their comp (Exorsus)
    lockout extension boys

Quote Originally Posted by Fragnance View Post
    Guess my 2k m+ dungs wasnt char optimizing

shame I found vanilla quite relaxing to current raiding (:
    Sco is truly the problem with current raiding, mirite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    lockout extension boys
    Kind of wish the race would end like that, other guild going for reclear while another pushes the boss down LUL

99% not gonna happen now tho, think exorsus is using a undergeared boomkin just because they are that good on KJ