Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kubasniak View Post
    Somebody said why not reroll. Dude I fucking love to be the lord of elements. Its so fucking sad we are that weak and that has been always like that. They should bring LB cast while moving again. Boost dmg in flame shock dot and lvb. Id also see a change to ascendacy look, its so fucking terrible from the beginning of cata. Btw I dont want to play my hunter because my guild does not want my ele shaman. No other guilds want that, they wont give you loot, you aint priority for anybody. It is really sad. Fuck Blizzard!
    Is it really going to get that much worse once Mythic opens and players have their 4 Piece compared to the Heroic Logs from the first week?

Right now Ele is solidly in the middle overall clumped up with a half dozen other specs. We're great on Add/Cleave/AoE and meh on Single Target but not the absolute bottom like poor Windwalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by furiousferret View Post
    Technically it only caps 10 out of every 12 seconds.
    It caps 10 out of every (12+cast time) seconds. Ele Blast is not an instant spell. You dont have the ele blast buff when you cast it

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Right now Ele is solidly in the middle overall clumped up with a half dozen other specs. We're great on Add/Cleave/AoE and meh on Single Target but not the absolute bottom like poor Windwalkers.
    It's overall satisfying. I still take issue with how Earthquake ended up. It's not even a good use of the GCD, let alone of Maelstrom. Basically CL spam in any AoE situation and use EQ only if you need to move.

Like others have posted, as someone who has also played Elemental main spec for 10+ years now, I just accept that Elemental will always be a side-note DPS class. The hybrid argument seems to still be in place (one which personally I have never agreed with as a raider). I wouldn't mind being a weaker DPS spec if we made up for it with a permanent healing output ability/abilities. But we don't. Even when "pures" get insane survivability or self-heals, we must be weaker for DPS and PvP. Every patch is the same for Elemental/Enhancement/Feral/Balance/Retribution/Shadow. Having said that I have seen Balance and Shadow out-perform other hybrids in some patches, but I cannot remember the last time Elemental was really strong. It's becoming a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    It's overall satisfying. I still take issue with how Earthquake ended up. It's not even a good use of the GCD, let alone of Maelstrom. Basically CL spam in any AoE situation and use EQ only if you need to move.
    I've read similar things about EQ. I'm waiting on the final word from Storm, Earth and Lava to see what the testing says.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps it would be time for an overhaul for elementals next expansion.

Is anyone else digging Icefury after the buff? Seems to work quite well on the later bosses in ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Is anyone else digging Icefury after the buff? Seems to work quite well on the later bosses in ToS.
    Any enjoyment of playing Elemental is currently overshadowed by the horrible Legendary Gloves.

Hitting Ascendance right after refreshing Flame shock? Boom, Gloves Proc wasted.
    Hitting ES before moving? Boom, moving while Ascendance is active.
    Hitting ES before a boss goes into some immunity shit? Boom, you can now try which emotes still work during Ascendance.

I'm not complaining about output or anything, but these gloves are a prime example of bad design, they are effective despite a heavy RNG effect and you can have some really shitty procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Any enjoyment of playing Elemental is currently overshadowed by the horrible Legendary Gloves.

Hitting Ascendance right after refreshing Flame shock? Boom, Gloves Proc wasted.
    Ascendance doesn't reset the GCD and 1 sec is plenty of time to react to a proc. Stop being bad.

Hitting ES before moving? Boom, moving while Ascendance is active.
    Hitting ES before a boss goes into some immunity shit? Boom, you can now try which emotes still work during Ascendance.
    The gloves have no ICD so this literally does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilurker77 View Post
    Ascendance doesn't reset the GCD and 1 sec is plenty of time to react to a proc. Stop being bad.
    Spell Queue and such.

Next to that, still distracting, you could just let regular Ascendance add duration instead of overwriting it, multiple Glove procs also add duration instead of overwriting it.

Which still doesn't change the fact that it's annoying paying attention to a whopping 2% proc chance every pull.

The gloves have no ICD so this literally does not matter.
    That's like getting a cake for free and then dropping it, sure you didn't lose anything in the greater picture, but on the other hand you didn't get anything either.

Spell Queue and such.

Next to that, still distracting, you could just let regular Ascendance add duration instead of overwriting it, multiple Glove procs also add duration instead of overwriting it.

Which still doesn't change the fact that it's annoying paying attention to a whopping 2% proc chance every pull.
    You can't queue Ascendance since it's off the GCD, so I don't know why you brought that up. You seem to fail to understand that casting Ascendance in between GCDs is a DPS loss regardless if you're using gloves or not since you potentially miss out on an extra lava burst cast.

That's like getting a cake for free and then dropping it, sure you didn't lose anything in the greater picture, but on the other hand you didn't get anything either.
    "Didn't lose anything" is the key idea here. Getting a proc at an inopportune time doesn't affect the chances for your next shock to proc gloves since it doesn't have an ICD.

You can't queue Ascendance since it's off the GCD, so I don't know why you brought that up. You seem to fail to understand that casting Ascendance in between GCDs is a DPS loss regardless if you're using gloves or not since you potentially miss out on an extra lava burst cast.
    The point is that in 98% of all pulls, you can just play your opener as usual, whereas with the gloves you always have to pay attention to the 2% proc chance.

It's by no means difficult, but openers are usually things that get automised after quite some time.

And the other point still stands, regular Ascendance overwrites instead off adding duration, unlike the Gloves proc.

"Didn't lose anything" is the key idea here. Getting a proc at an inopportune time doesn't affect the chances for your next shock to proc gloves since it doesn't have an ICD.
    "Didn't gain anything" is also the key point here.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-06-27 at 09:59 PM.

Can confirm, on fights like Avatar, getting an Ascendance proc can be rough. I don't think its a bad design, its just not a high movement legendary; its for low movement single target and still pretty good in other fights.

For me, that's really my only option in ST since I don't have the Belt, EOTN, or the other new ring.

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love playing my ele shamen but for the love of all that is good in Azeroth I want to tmog that god awful fist weapon back to my axe!! I like ele so much I might roll another on a PVP server.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Not really top tier on Goroth: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2032
    Or on Sisters: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2050

On a few fights (the AoE ones) it is far behind Elemental. Enh is nowhere now... mediocre at ST and pretty bad on AoE fights.
    You realize there are hardly any parses ? x)
    You should try putting it on heroic, because it's too soon to look for the mythics ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    You realize there are hardly any parses ? x)
    You should try putting it on heroic, because it's too soon to look for the mythics ones.
    Enh is just like ele, on somme fights higher, on some lower, if you average all bosses they are both middle of the pack.
    I have looked at some Mythic stats (of course, very few parses). For some of them, the shaman has 1 spec missing completely, but what is the norm at this moment, both specs are rock bottom.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not complaining about output or anything, but these gloves are a prime example of bad design, they are effective despite a heavy RNG effect and you can have some really shitty procs.
    Yes, its a terrible legendary and a prime example of bad copy paste design. Just sad.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but i think it deserves attention.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...6795646?page=1

tl;dr: Sims suggest that EQ is only useful with 7+ targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Some of us have been playing Shaman for years. That's why. Most of us didn't roll a Shaman to play Elemental, I'd bet. In my case, I thought about trying it until I started seeing threads like these. Stuck with Enhance.
    Enhance is just as mediocre as Ele, except it has the downside of being melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Enhance is just as mediocre as Ele, except it has the downside of being melee.
    Dunno if you played the game since 7.2.5 - but Enhancer is, DPS wise, one of the strongest specs currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if this has been posted before, but i think it deserves attention.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...6795646?page=1

tl;dr: Sims suggest that EQ is only useful with 7+ targets.
    8+ targets when you're using wrists.