Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    WutFace

Rerolling has never been easier in Legion, currently.

Thanks to heirlooms you can level up in no time via Legion Assaults. Artifact to 52 traits is a matter of few days at AK 40. Gearing up to 900+ is also a matter of 1-2 weeks or even faster if you got some friends who are willing to carry you. The only random factor where you can get fucked is legendaries but that's true for everyone.
    Legendaries are the largest factor that play into the matter... Hitting 110, and getting to 900 isn't a problem, but not being able to get the 2x legendaries that your spec revolves around for potentially months is going to keep you on the bottom. Good luck staying in groups when you only have the worst legendaries for your spec.

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    yep i agree, you just keep smashing the keyboard without too much depth
    its better than beastmaster but nowhere close to interesting imo
    I disagree, given that certain criteria are met. If you have Mantle of Command, spacing out your dire beast/freny is important to keep your dps up, and not just spamming it...that sort of thinking is barely necessary for Havoc. And I play both BM hunter and Havoc DH...

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    it may seemed like a far fetched idea, but if you do not enjoy it anymore, there are plenty of other classes/games which you may enjoy.

Personally i think Havoc has great in depth play and really required attention to detail to play to a high skill level.
    I agree with this. I know the circle jerk of legion being alt unfriendly is strong, but it really isnt that bad. It is 100% worth switching characters if you aren't enjoying your spec.

I also think the rng circle jerk is a little too high. Sure our spec has a lot of rng and is fairly simple to play at an average level, but I've gotten to the point where i consistantly orange parse and it takes a lot of skill and attention to detail. Maybe less than other specs, but I'm fine with that.

If you want a challenge you can always play the memebeam/prep fel barrage builds. They're extremely close to the standard build, and more interactive

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    it may seemed like a far fetched idea, but if you do not enjoy it anymore, there are plenty of other classes/games which you may enjoy.

Personally i think Havoc has great in depth play and really required attention to detail to play to a high skill level.
    In pvp maybe, not so much on pve. It's not quite at the mindnumbing stage, but I find it a 'relaxing' spec to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Play a Retri Pala and you will know what boring gameplay means
    ret pala has a nice spender/generator rhythm and a burst window with judgement

all DH does is just spam chaos strike and use BD/felblade when it's up, with literally zero planning or thinking

Quote Originally Posted by xZora View Post
    Legendaries are the largest factor that play into the matter... Hitting 110, and getting to 900 isn't a problem, but not being able to get the 2x legendaries that your spec revolves around for potentially months is going to keep you on the bottom. Good luck staying in groups when you only have the worst legendaries for your spec.
    Rubbish. That's only relevant if you're going for high-end progression.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

10-20sec is ridiculous exaggeration. There's also Felblade for further Fury generation and playing around your Fury bar is part of Havoc and always has been.
    Every night I raid, multiple times a night, sometimes multiple times a fight I go completely without fury for the full duration of Felblade's cooldown with no felblade resets. 20 seconds is a definite exaggeration, but it is not particularly rare to go 12 seconds or so with no fury.

Even then; A lot of lege's have been adjusted over the expansion. Speaking for warriors; Having the 2 BIS lege's to having zero lege's equipped at all it's roughly a 60k DPS difference. Having the worst 2 lege's vs the 2 best is a difference of like 35k dps difference. Unless you are a cutting edge raider your lege's honestly don't matter that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like how DH works now (rotation wise), could be better if we had 0% downtime, like fury warriors do, and i really hope Demonic dont get to be the "to-go" build next patch, because i would hate to lose blade dance and felblade and possibly fel rush on the rotation.

But oh well, could be worse, like, we could be like assassin rogues, with 30% downtime with their pathetic excuse of "planning ahead yadda yadda that's why your energy regen sucks and you spend alot of time auto attacking cuz of...planning".

Rubbish. Some people like to do the best they can, even if it's with the under-achieving group of friends they raid with. Legendary RNG is aggravating for everyone, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    Do you think this needs to change? I am 870 ilvl(alt) and the idea of waiting 10 seconds to 20 for a proc or for my Demon's Bite to generate fury is just.. And the whole damage output comes from Metamorphosis.. I am NOT hating or anything. Anyone else here agrees?
    I mean.... there are 35 other specs you can play. Have you tried playing another spec? I think Prot Warriors are boring, guess what spec I don't play? Yep, Prot Warrior.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by cafecito820 View Post
    Rubbish. Some people like to do the best they can, even if it's with the under-achieving group of friends they raid with. Legendary RNG is aggravating for everyone, period.
    I didn't say it isn't frustrating not getting your BiS legendaries. Yet my point still stands and is true. Period. (See also Chrisxor's answer #28 )
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

All DH needs is First Blood and fel blade baseline. That would make the rotation more fleshed out instead of only having those IF you take the chaos blade build.

Deleted
    Do you think this needs to change? I am 870 ilvl(alt) and the idea of waiting 10 seconds to 20 for a proc or for my Demon's Bite to generate fury is just.. And the whole damage output comes from Metamorphosis.. I am NOT hating or anything. Anyone else here agrees?
    Have you tried Demon Blades? Demon's Bite is not that good, it only gives you slightly better survivability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demon's Bite is just a stupid ass talent and ppl using it are stupid and lazy aswel.

There's a real easy fix to your problem OP.

[Infraction: Flaming]
    Last edited by Orloth; 2017-07-12 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xZora View Post
    There are no specs that I can think of that "REVOLVE" around any specific legendaries. This isn't Diablo, much as these forums would like you to believe.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10-20sec is ridiculous exaggeration. There's also Felblade for further Fury generation and playing around your Fury bar is part of Havoc and always has been.

Though, I do agree that current standard build (2220311) is kinda bland and somewhat boring. You might try Demonic build (3320123 or w/ Nemesis) for once. It's a lot more fun IMO and good enough for anything below (semi-)hardcore progression.

Metamorphosis isn't our whole damage output. Absolutely overrated. It's Nemesis + Chaos Blades with or without Meta that make burst so crazy (less so since 7.2.5 changes). Meta is just the cherry on the top.

Also, gear up and pray for AotHG legy. A lot of the fun comes with better gear.

PS: You could always choose to not play a class you don't enjoy and move on.
    I was giving it a shot. And yes, it actually happens to me more than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by cafecito820 View Post
    Have you tried using the glyph to turn them green? I actually think they're much easier to see, despite half the shit we're not supposed to stand in being green fire.

And, FWIW, I've found it pretty effective to stand mostly still when playing Demonic. Souls have a tendency to absorb into you pretty easily the second you make a move toward them in either direction, but if you don't move, they just chill. If you're constantly dancing around, you'll eat them up right away and might not even notice that you did so. More of a mental thing, but it helps me to see when I have some excess Fury sitting nearby for when I get a good proc that I want to capitalize on instead of just eating everything up right away and (maybe) wasting it.
    I'll try that, but I doubt I'll see them over melee and all the gfx of the encounter. However, the problem of them being incredibly random still stands. You can simly sim yourself and you'll see a higher dps variation for eyebeam build.

As I've said, I would prefer if they made eyebeam the go to build next tier, as I enjoy it more. But in fact I feel DH is just very barebone spec whithout talents. We should get almost all the abilities baseline and only expand and improve on them through talents, not that we have nothing and add a half our abilities through talents. Worse yet, is that Blizz announced the rework of DH this patch and aside from a few nerfs, they did absolutely nothing. Like they have no idea what to do with the spec. I'll probably stick around till the end, as the leges are a big obstacle for comfortable raiding, but I'll be very carefull for the next xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Demon's Bite is just a stupid ass talent and ppl using it are stupid and lazy aswel.

There's a real easy fix to your problem OP.
    I think you mean "best simming talent for most, and if you don't use it it's because you like being a weight and doing less dps"

Don't worry, we all make mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I find it more fun than any other spec. Take your eyes off the damage meter for a bit and have fun.