Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    there is something i learned while reading through the thread.

all dreadlords are deceiving, lying, manipulative sons of bitches unless they say something that fits my headcanon or opinion!
    gotcha guys, gotcha.
    Dreadlords can speak truthfully - but generally only when no one else is around to hear it, and when the person they're speaking it to won't be in any shape to speak of it afterward (kind of like Saidan Dathrohan and his first meeting with Balnazzar). As for Varimathras it's always wise to treat any Dreadlord's pronouncements with suitable doubt - but as demonstrated here, even *that* has a tendency to sow dissension and discord.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

'Tis a mystery, I tell you!
    Maybe he read those forums and developed such hatred ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Dreadlords can speak truthfully - but generally only when no one else is around to hear it, and when the person they're speaking it to won't be in any shape to speak of it afterward
    They only whisper their true feelings to their waifu pillows.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    why y'all trusting dreadlords
    we dont. This is blizz megaphone and lore dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They only whisper their true feelings to their waifu pillows.
    That'd be a weird way for Balnazzar to think of Dathrohan, given the givens. That's a weird way to think of anything anytime, actually.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-07-10 at 08:41 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Maybe he read those forums and developed such hatred ?
    He'd have been turned into a pillar of salt after such an ordeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    That'd be a weird way for Balnazzar to think of Dathrohan, given the givens. That's a weird way to think of anything anytime, actually.
    I dunno, manly men patterns on pillows are more popular than you would think. And who would know what tastes dreadlords have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    He'd have been turned into a pillar of salt after such an ordeal.
    What if he turned into 1:3 scale krazyk clone ? And pilots his old body from inside ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I dunno, manly men patterns on pillows are more popular than you would think. And who would know what tastes dreadlords have.
    Guess I'm old-fashioned - my pillows are utilitarian deals more aligned with function over decoration. As for Dreadlord tastes, I'm thinking darkness, Fel, sociological textbooks, coffee, and complicated card games. It's easy to picture Anetheron, Detheroc, Balnazzar, Mephistroth, and Varimathras playing Caribbean Stud Poker or Faro on off-nights (when they're not actively working on the complete collapse a given world's systems of governance).

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Guess I'm old-fashioned - my pillows are utilitarian deals more aligned with function over decoration. As for Dreadlord tastes, I'm thinking darkness, Fel, sociological textbooks, coffee, and complicated card games. It's easy to picture Anetheron, Detheroc, Balnazzar, Mephistroth, and Varimathras playing Caribbean Stud Poker or Faro on off-nights (when they're not actively working on the complete collapse a given world's systems of governance).
    and Detheroc, Balnazzar, and Varimathras were brothers unless they were brothers in the sense of like a military .
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    and Detheroc, Balnazzar, and Varimathras were brothers unless they were brothers in the sense of like a military .
    I think that was more referring to the social idea of "brotherhood," not the fraternal sense of it - at least in the context in which he said it. It's also possible everything he was saying was bullshit devised to sell the lie of him actually killing Balnazzar.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I think that was more referring to the social idea of "brotherhood," not the fraternal sense of it - at least in the context in which he said it. It's also possible everything he was saying was bullshit devised to sell the lie of him actually killing Balnazzar.
    could be. Which reminds me that I have never seen a female nathrezim.

Unless you can't tell the difference with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    I can see Varimathras' words working out both ways.

On the one hand he's a Dreadlord, and lying to sow discord is literally what they're made to do.

On the other hand Blizzard has seem quite keen to kill off the Horde leadership since Cataclysm. Thrall left, Cairne died, Vol'jin died and Garrosh went lolevil and died. Hell, Sylvanas is the only leader from Vanilla left, might as well make her gofull on lolevil so we can have a third siege on a Horde city. Bonus points since Nathanos will die along with her, leaving another race without a feasible leader.

Maybe after that Rommath can pull a Malygos, proclaiming all non-elves to be unfit to wield magic and he can be the next to go lolevil!

I love the taste of my own salt in the morning.
    This is the reason why I can't feasibly see Sylvanas going all dreadlord or void agent. It makes no sense in the narrative.

Of course Blizzard being blizzard, this could all lead to a big fat amount of nothing, Alleria becomes the new Banshee Queen after putting down her sister and the Undeads are forced to retreat behind the Tarren Mill front.
    Because reasons.

It really irritates me. The great amount of nothing we're getting from whatever is happening with Sylvanas is disheartening, whereas we know who is leading the Alliance and what strong motifs Anduin now has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    could be. Which reminds me that I have never seen a female nathrezim.

Unless you can't tell the difference with them.
    I remember a long time ago the leading theory was that the Succubi were the female versions of the Dreadlords, or the female side of their shared species. Now that we know more about both types of beings that's kind of been scuttled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a long time ago the leading theory was that the Succubi were the female versions of the Dreadlords, or the female side of their shared species. Now that we know more about both types of beings that's kind of been scuttled.
    That would be really lame. I would vastly prefer if female dreadlords were as buff as males.

"You wanna touch those muscles boy ? They are only 100% real thing about me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvannas is actually Mudmug.

World of Warcraft: The Mudmugocalypse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Sylvannas is actually Mudmug.

World of Warcraft: The Mudmugocalypse
    This man saw the light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't Incubi the male counterpart to Succubi in ancient mythology? I faintly recall Blizzard talking about this in a Blizzcon QA, but fuck me if I can find a source on this.

- - - Updated - - -

This man saw the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    there is something i learned while reading through the thread.

all dreadlords are deceiving, lying, manipulative sons of bitches unless they say something that fits my headcanon or opinion!
    gotcha guys, gotcha.
    i mean, there's also the fact that they're a free thinking people with individual personalities and not entirely bound to their nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Aren't Incubi the male counterpart to Succubi in ancient mythology? I faintly recall Blizzard talking about this in a Blizzcon QA, but fuck me if I can find a source on this.
    Incubi aren't canon, either; at least not yet. As far as we know the Sayaad (Succubi) simply have no male specimens among their number. The Dreadlords being the male members of the race is speculation that was popular way back in the days of WC3, long before WoW was a thing. It's been thoroughly debunked as we now know that the Succubi are of the Sayaad race and the Dreadlords are of the Nathrezim race.

Deleted
    Have missed a couple of things here : From Undercity Varimathras went to Argus to get tortured in a mazochist way only to forget the safe-word ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Have missed a couple of things here : From Undercity Varimathras went to Argus to get tortured in a mazochist way only to forget the safe-word ?
    Varimathras failed in his mission to secure the Undercity at the command of Sargeras himself - on his defeat his was taken to Argus and the Shivarra were tasked with punishing him for his failure.