Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorraxe View Post
    709万 means 7.09 million in chinese

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I started playing wow after nihilum allready cleared BT. The guild I joined for whole TBC raided 5 days a week, 4 hours a day (20 hours), and a hard attendance requirement of 80%. We frequently added a 6th day aswell. When I joined they had one Karazhan group in september 2007, I made the second kara group, we went to gruul>ssc>tk>mh>bt. We first killed Illidan on 1 september 2008. That's half a year after Sunwell release. I very much doubt that was a top 2000 kill. Can you imagine, over 1 year to clear the content that was already current cleared when I started playing.

I think you're underestimating how demanding (time wise) raiding was in TBC. Even very mediocre guilds required you to raid 20 hours (we were even server second, there were plenty of worse guilds out there that had a similar time schedule).
    Your guild was just really bad...
    We raided 6 days a 4hours a week and cleared BT 2 1/2 months after we started Kara (we all had new chars except 1 tank) and the week Sunwell was released

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    I started playing wow after nihilum allready cleared BT. The guild I joined for whole TBC raided 5 days a week, 4 hours a day (20 hours), and a hard attendance requirement of 80%. We frequently added a 6th day aswell. When I joined they had one Karazhan group in september 2007, I made the second kara group, we went to gruul>ssc>tk>mh>bt. We first killed Illidan on 1 september 2008. That's half a year after Sunwell release. I very much doubt that was a top 2000 kill. Can you imagine, over 1 year to clear the content that was already current cleared when I started playing.
    Your server (new server?) was exceptionally bad then.

The two best guilds on our server raided 5 days 4 h / d and were somewhere between top 200 - top 500. My guild was 3th and we killed M'uru end of august raiding 16 h / week.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-07-10 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by safarmo View Post
    709万 means 7.09 million in chinese
    There's also a 0.1% in the image

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    There's also a 0.1% in the image
    And the guy in the picture probably don't have 495k max hp!

Watching Alpha wipe again and again and again at the exact same moment of the fight is frustrating, i wish they'd just go to sleep and stopped this madness. And Future streams are downright depressing.

AND THIS ISN'T EVEN THE LAST BOSS, idk what people must feel considering there's another boss of similar difficulty waiting for them.

Deleted
    Why is Alpha not on wowprogress? Do they get more loot or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhere View Post
    And the guy in the picture probably don't have 495k max hp!
    495?k (the ? is any number), so this symbol is not k (as 000), but 10k (as 0000), so the boss had 7090000 or 7.09 mil, as stated. Still about ~2 scorches+instant pyrocrit of any fire mage of their ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Elul View Post
    Why is Alpha not on wowprogress? Do they get more loot or something?
    China APIs aren't working. The lockout/gear is the same as EU/NA now
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Not Kael'Thas. He did not die until the next raid was released.
    sorry, before attunement was removed. There were a fuck load of 3/4 4/5 guilds heading into BT when you didn't have to kill Lady V or KT.

Deleted
    Anyone know if guilds like Future do anything to keep morale up? They raid for so long and are constantly wiping, I imagine after awhile you probably couldn't be bothered to hit your keys. Would find that pretty interesting to learn about if they do anything specific. I like to imagine every player in a top tier guild has their own little technique for staying in the zone and staying motivated. Streaming probably helps for those that do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Anyone know if guilds like Future do anything to keep morale up? They raid for so long and are constantly wiping, I imagine after awhile you probably couldn't be bothered to hit your keys. Would find that pretty interesting to learn about if they do anything specific.
    I heard they sing BSB songs and they dance it off on skypecam.

Anyone know if guilds like Future do anything to keep morale up? They raid for so long and are constantly wiping, I imagine after awhile you probably couldn't be bothered to hit your keys. Would find that pretty interesting to learn about if they do anything specific.
    Primarily probably, just recruit people who are accustomed to this style of raiding and progression.

Deleted
    I am watching Alphas stream and I already automatically press Esc thinking it's me in that situation...

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    495?k (the ? is any number), so this symbol is not k (as 000), but 10k (as 0000), so the boss had 7090000 or 7.09 mil, as stated. Still about ~2 scorches+instant pyrocrit of any fire mage of their ilvl.
    The exact same symbol is behind 495 and 709, so if the boss had 709k hp left like some people suggest, they then also suggest that the mage have 495k max hp and not 4.95m max hp.

It must be tough to be in these top 20 guilds that are progressing on Avatar right now, they're not even close to killing him. At least Exorsus and Method have WF race to motivate them, they know they're the best and that fight in a lot of ways is balanced around them and that GMs are watching. But if you're in like Future or Nova or whatever and you saw that it took both top guilds a full week of daytime rading with 5 rogues and 5 mages and you're nowhere near them when it comes to immunities, ilvl, dps and probably a bit below in mechanical skill, how do you even motivate yourself to log on? It just takes like 1 or 2 people who can't take it anymore and that's it, especially if that person is a healer or a tank.

For Future in particular it must be "public" pressure that's keeping them in the game, if you quit or start whining you'll have idiots from Twitch chat spamming your private for years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Your server (new server?) was exceptionally bad then.

The two best guilds on our server raided 5 days 4 h / d and were somewhere between top 200 - top 500. My guild was 3th and we killed M'uru end of august raiding 16 h / week.
    All the tracking in vanilla and tbc was completely manual. After the top guilds cleared the dungeons no one has properly tracked each kill from each guild. Good ol' screen or it didnt happen.

Also we had 100 times more sever then really hardcore guilds in this time. 50% of all servers were not able to open the gates of aq with the servers player base work force. Some servers were not able to spent the resources, so they were massive delayed by the auto-fill system (5% per week). Some other servers didt manage to get the scepter.

The whole attunment process made it very hard for guilds in tbc to recruit new players. Especially during t6, which was blocked by the best fight of all time kael thas.

But sure, we are all exceptional players here in the forum (me as well as I stated some pages ago xD) and everything was easy going for us in the past 12/13 years and all the problems were only for the baddies.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-07-10 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    It must be tough to be in these top 20 guilds that are progressing on Avatar right now, they're not even close to killing him. At least Exorsus and Method have WF race to motivate them, they know they're the best and that fight in a lot of ways is balanced around them and that GMs are watching. But if you're in like Future or Nova or whatever and you saw that it took both top guilds a full week of daytime rading with 5 rogues and 5 mages and you're nowhere near them when it comes to immunities, ilvl, dps and probably a bit below in mechanical skill, how do you even motivate yourself to log on? It just takes like 1 or 2 people who can't take it anymore and that's it, especially if that person is a healer or a tank.

For Future in particular it must be "public" pressure that's keeping them in the game, if you quit or start whining you'll have idiots from Twitch chat spamming your private for years.
    Bigger picture? Still have to practice, if you wanna make it next tier or the tier after.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post

It's a wonder at this point that Sloot and some other raiders have the ability to laugh. Maybe they're good at masking their inner pain.

I expect the guys in a guild who know they are performing well, relative to other guildies, can take solace in that. For those underperforming, I really don't see how they deal with it.