Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Yet another in a long list of stupid, ineffectual and pointless policies to come out of China. What a shite country to live in.
    You haven't visited China for any longer time, much less lived there for any time. How can you say it's a shit country to live in if you have never been there nor lived there?

Quote Originally Posted by Insofin View Post
    And how do you define the mental faculties? Because I don't know you, but I was taught about the reproductive system and sexuality since I was 10 in school (to the point that every year the school would invite a sexuality expert to explain how a condoms, pleasure and other things worked), so I was actually pretty conscious about what it meant.
    Also, science also says that girls and boys start being sexually active at age 11 (but there's a big variety, with cases starting at late 9 early 10, or others starting at 16), causing a lot of cases of sexually active kids being under marrying age (causing the definition of lolita to appear). Therefore, there's also scientifict facts that could backup those practices.

And regarding the animal behavior... I think if a dog humps on a human, it's because he wants, doesn't it?

But I'd like to stop here. I'm realizing I sound like I actually defend those practices... And just in case, I'll be clear: I don't.

About the "going further" part. Ok, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant it was worse than forbidding the practice, not that it was giving one more turn to the topic.
    Well, most countries have agreed upon a realistic age of 16-18 before they can give lawful consent. Now, that can change depending on the particular action, but it's probably fairly close. Since children are not afforded all the freedoms that adults get, it is often required that we protect them from adults.

I don't think either one of us is actually defending such practices, you were merely demonstrating a slippery slope, and I agree that one exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    I personally think free speech should exist for everyone, but that hasn't ever existed in China as far as I know. There are loads of places that don't have basic freedoms that I believe in, but there's little I can do about it. I don't know why this event, even though I disagree with china's decision, would be the tipping point where you'd suddenly realize China denies it's people freedoms we enjoy in the west.
    Oh, it's not a tipping point at all, just another instance in a very long line of attempts to stifle free speech. I'm not particularly surprised by this move, since they've done similar things many times in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oh so you're just homophobic... I see.

You're the one making "man and woman" the type of relationship gay people want, a normal loving relationship doesn't instantly = "oh they just want to be like man and woman" your'e projecting your own stupid views on the world when you should be shoving them back where they came up (up your ass).
    How is he homophobic? He is stating his opinion on the matter. Since when is making a moral stance wrong?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    How is he homophobic? He is stating his opinion on the matter. Since when is making a moral stance wrong?
    It is when morals have nothing to do with what adults do in the bedroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    You haven't visited China for any longer time, much less lived there for any time. How can you say it's a shit country to live in if you have never been there nor lived there?
    Pfffffffffft hahahahahahaha. Ahh you're cute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Your morals can eat shit and die if they include treating people who love eachother as lesser, not that you hold anything vaguely similar to morals.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-07-11 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Tell me, how much effort does keeping up your intellectual dishonesty take just so you can lowkey hate on teh evil gayz? Wouldn't be the first time.
    Yes yes, anyone who disagrees with you is a vile homophobe. That polemic is so old. It's lost its teeth.

I don't hate anyone. I just have a hard time being surprised by authoritarian states being authoritarian. And if the world won't do anything when people are actually dying as a result of authoritarianism, like in Tibet or Xinjiang, then why is it worth more to get up in arms over more minor things, like sexual discrimination?

Deleted
    can't blame em

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High
    Ahh you're cute.
    Nope, you are. You're trying for an edgy tone while you +1 and your ignorance comes off like a petulant teen. While I expect a hearty dose of China bashing in these threads, at least try to step up your game and offer something worth debating. By the way, I doubt you're Irish so "shite" is an affectation -- if you're going to say shit, have the gumption to say shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Atsawin26
    I just have a hard time being surprised by authoritarian states being authoritarian.
    But where do we draw the line for what is authoritarian? How will we draw it without just recycling Cold War relics as insults? As I noted earlier, China is dealing with masses of people on a nearly unique scale. Tibet and Xinjiang get mentioned, but will we call the UK authoritarian because of their dealings with Ireland?

The US was complicit in the overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii and there are active movements seeking independence from the US, where does that fit on our scale? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apology_Resolution "United States Public Law 103-150, informally known as the Apology Resolution, is a Joint Resolution of the U.S. Congress adopted in 1993 that "acknowledges that the overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii occurred with the active participation of agents and citizens of the United States and further acknowledges that the Native Hawaiian people never directly relinquished to the United States their claims to their inherent sovereignty as a people over their national lands, either through the Kingdom of Hawaii or through a plebiscite or referendum" (U.S. Public Law 103-150 (107 Stat. 1510)). ")

Heck, this is a Tenn thread, let's throw in Quebec!

Commercial areas were closed off and the army was brought in to patrol Montreal and government buildings. With increased difficulty in maintaining civil order, the Quebec Government asked the Canadian army to formally intervene. Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau invoked the War Measures Act, the only time it was used in peacetime in Canadian history, which allowed the government to suspend civil liberties; which led to the arrests of 250 suspected FLQ members and sympathizers within a 12-hour period.
    Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adst/q...b_7971164.html

Active suppression of a separatist movement, and the suspension of civil liberties, that the law even allowed such a thing might seem to imply authoritarianism were we talking about someplace other than Canada.

Dang this thread is making me feel old, I remember the IRA, the FLQ, and since Hawaii became a state right before my birth I still remember being taught that the number of stars on the flag was a big deal and we'd just added new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Just lag. Post duplicated itself.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2017-07-11 at 08:11 AM. Reason: lag
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    That's quite different than the government officially endorsing the position of them being freaks. That just furthers the homophobia in China.
    not really if society agrees with that stance - same thing is in Russia , majority of society considers it abnormal too

and dont fool yourself that there isnt a whole lot of people in western countries who see it the same - they are just forcefully gaged from admiting it by stupid PC standards of society but this doesnt change how they see it - in very many countries of west word "gay" is still being used as curse word if someone wants to insult other person masculinity and thats a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    not really if society agrees with that stance - same thing is in Russia , majority of society considers it abnormal too

and dont fool yourself that there isnt a whole lot of people in western countries who see it the same - they are just forcefully gaged from admiting it by stupid PC standards of society but this doesnt change how they see it - in very many countries of west word "gay" is still being used as curse word if someone wants to insult other person masculinity and thats a fact.
    State endorsed opression or some random idiot calling me gay as an insult? Hard choices.

Kinda counterproductive, isn't it? Wouldn't turning the frogs gay fall well within their one child policy? They still have to offset all the farmers with their 7 kids. Not to mention, after they've killed the half of 1 or 2 generations of female kids, all the frustrated males need an outlet anyway .

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    I personally think free speech should exist for everyone, but that hasn't ever existed in China as far as I know. There are loads of places that don't have basic freedoms that I believe in, but there's little I can do about it. I don't know why this event, even though I disagree with china's decision, would be the tipping point where you'd suddenly realize China denies it's people freedoms we enjoy in the west.
    Very well said. China's actions should not come as a surprise to anyone living in the free world.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    State endorsed opression or some random idiot calling me gay as an insult? Hard choices.
    why do you assume its some random individual idiot - there is huge chunk of western societies who treat gay people as abnormality - just because PC culture shut them up it doesnt mean their beliefs changed .

you can easily see it here on forums too in veyr mild form because its instnatly banning people and people dont want to be banned - if not gms baning people for even slightest hint of not following PC culture you would see how and what people really think about homosexuals/jews/muslims/afroamerican etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    why do you assume its some random individual idiot - there is huge chunk of western societies who treat gay people as abnormality - just because PC culture shut them up it doesnt mean their beliefs changed .
    They can think what they want, as long as they don't harass. Homophobia in the USA has been going continuously going down and groups that oppose (religious dudes) aren't as big as they were before, which can be evidence by the fact that out dear leader endorsed lgbt rights. Once again state endorsed opression is very much worse than some random idiot calling me gay as a form of insult.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Yes yes, anyone who disagrees with you is a vile homophobe. That polemic is so old. It's lost its teeth.

I don't hate anyone. I just have a hard time being surprised by authoritarian states being authoritarian. And if the world won't do anything when people are actually dying as a result of authoritarianism, like in Tibet or Xinjiang, then why is it worth more to get up in arms over more minor things, like sexual discrimination?
    So a) you are gonna pretend your post history doesn't exist and b) you are gonna go with another intellectual dishonest argument.

Hey atsawin, Venezuela has it even worse, why would anyone care about the situation in Greece? (how it was and how it is). Just bugger off, the only problems you consider worth talking about are your own or the ones close to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be 'that gay guy', but our relationships and sexual preferences are abnormal. I don't see why anyone else cares, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Nope, you are. You're trying for an edgy tone while you +1 and your ignorance comes off like a petulant teen. While I expect a hearty dose of China bashing in these threads, at least try to step up your game and offer something worth debating. By the way, I doubt you're Irish so "shite" is an affectation -- if you're going to say shit, have the gumption to say shit.
    Thanks, I usually get called handsome but I'll take cute. And what am I ignorant about exactly? I fail to see how me knowing and despising these policies somehow unfairly paints my perception of that SHIT country. And no I'm not obligated to bring something worth debating into these topics so how about you cry to a mod and see if I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    So a) you are gonna pretend your post history doesn't exist and b) you are gonna go with another intellectual dishonest argument.

Hey atsawin, Venezuela has it even worse, why would anyone care about the situation in Greece? (how it was and how it is). Just bugger off, the only problems you consider worth talking about are your own or the ones close to you.
    Just because a group isn't at the top of my list to care about doesn't mean I hate them. By that logic I could say you hate Greeks.

Well, you're German, right? I'd expect you to hate me for being Greek, I do happen to be a slightly darker shade, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Just because a group isn't at the top of my list to care about doesn't mean I hate them. By that logic I could say you hate Greeks.

Well, you're German, right? I'd expect you to hate me for being Greek, I do happen to be a slightly darker shade, after all.
    Why would germans hate someone thats darker?