Poll: How do you think Kul'Tiras will be implemented? Will you be satisfied if so?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Never thought about it on that angle, but it's true that if Kul'Tiras was able to sustain itself for so long, it can suggest the environment is quite diversified on the island itself? I still struggle with the idea of Kul'Tiras being a big island divided into zones. I've always thought about it as the size of Gilneas, roughly. If it happens to be a small continent, I'll still be excited to see what Blizzard will do with it though.
    Well, considering they have proclaimed themselves as a kingdom on their own, within a country of their own. I would believe that they should be of a size big enough to hold drydocks and normal docks, as well as some farm land and forests - maybe Double the size of Tol Barad?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I really hope it's one zone out of many that makes up various Isles of the South Seas. But they made the Broken Isles into a continent so it's anyone's guess. Somehow I have this impression that they are afraid to make a bunch of separate isles with large distances of water between them for some reason and because of that I won't get to see the South Seas expansion I've wanted since WotLK. Not sure why, they did Cataclysm with zones spread all over the place so I guess it's not unheard of that they'd do that. Gonna be a bit disappointed if they make a continent out of it.

I hope it's the entire expansion zone with no pirates or trolls involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could change Kul Tiras into a full continent, but given the background knowledge we have of the place it's at least completely anti-Horde (and possibly anti-Alliance too by this time) with no known other influences (like from elves or trolls).

It was fairly easy to make the Broken Shore into more than it was, since it was mostly a blank canvas. I don't think Kul Tiras is empty in that sense. It would feel forced to have other influences there apart from the Seafaring, formerly Alliance allied, family of Jaina ruled humans.

You could do Pirates, certainly, maybe some kind of Farmland area, but that's about it. It would not nearly have the diversity that Broken Isles brought and I don't think that's a good idea to make an expansion from.

So it's either going to be very one sided or it's going to feel forced diversity. I'd prefer to see Kul Tiras just be what we expect it to be from old knowledge and just be a single area we use in a larger string of Islands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    I really hope it's one zone out of many that makes up various Isles of the South Seas. But they made the Broken Isles into a continent so it's anyone's guess. Somehow I have this impression that they are afraid to make a bunch of separate isles with large distances of water between them for some reason and because of that I won't get to see the South Seas expansion I've wanted since WotLK. Not sure why, they did Cataclysm with zones spread all over the place so I guess it's not unheard of that they'd do that. Gonna be a bit disappointed if they make a continent out of it.
    It's because they did it in Cataclysm exactly the reason they probably won't do it again, they did not really like the completely ''disjointed'' feeling the zones had. The only way I can see Island hoping is if they did it in close proximity, like going from Pandaria to Isle of Thunder. Otherwise, I don't them doing it, and fully expect Kul'Tiras and Zandalar to be thier own continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    Once, after seeing those Chronicles maps, I had a silly thought, that Cataclysm shifted Kul Tiras deeper to the sea (I dunno, if I remember correctly some dev said it during or shortly before Cataclysm) to align it with the N'zoth's prison. Short story even shorter: it would include an underground expansion, where we start on Kul Tiras and descend deeper and deeper to punch N'zoth :P
    Except it wouldn't be to punch N'Zoth at expansion level. Only raid level. N'Zoth is hardly powerful. Chronicles have put the Old Gods on a level just below the Keepers and the Keepers were raid level/5 man level bosses. I wouldn't be surprised to see Azshara at a 5 man boss level too considering how weak she is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    I think Kul Tiras will be a single zone among many that are far apart as islands in a South Seas expansion. Troll-themed content is way overdue, and wouldn't fit on an island like Kul Tiras. Kul Tiras is a city state as well, and would barely span far enough to pass for an entire zone like Suramar did. I suspect Blizzard — with areas such as the Broken Shore and Argus — are experimenting with ways to tell different stories in many smaller, more compact zones, rather than 4 or 5 large ones.
    I can't see Kul Tiras constituted as the "continent" either, not unless Blizzard added new lore that basically went "they both use the same name". Still wouldn't make for such a good experience because we've been waiting a long time for South Seas content. There is so much more waiting for us in that area than just a naval kingdom.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2017-07-10 at 10:31 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The filename implies that Kul Tiras will be in the expansion name.
    I don't know why people think this since the filename convention has not followed this before.

Not the least reason that the expansion titles are on average longer than 'Legion'.

Hi guys!

So I know there is already a big topic going on HERE about 8.0 speculation, and as many of you probably know by now many clues are pointing towards Kul'Tiras. Now, following the general logic behind the naming of the icons, it is suggested that Kul'Tiras would be an expansion of its own rather than just a zone. So I thought it would be interesting to make a poll about it, and see what people think and what's their opinion about it.

So what do you think? Is Kul'Tiras gonna be retconned to some extent in order to make it eligible as a full continent expansion? Is it gonna be just a zone among others in the Baradin Bay? Or rather in the South Seas? Or maybe it's just here to throw us off the track?

Kultiras is a small island south of gilneas

None of the above. They're just trying to throw us off with fake game files.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/973yS76.jpg
    Kultiras is a small island south of gilneas
    Yeah I know that! But it's been argued on other threads that:

1. Blizzard might make it bigger than it actually is and give it the Broken Isles treatment with many zones (hence first poll option).
    2. Blizzard might make it a zone alongside other islands in Baradin Bay (hence second poll option).
    3. Blizzard might follow what they said during Cataclysm about it moving, and make Kul'Tiras an island of the South Seas now (hence third option).

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Except it wouldn't be to punch N'Zoth at expansion level. Only raid level. N'Zoth is hardly powerful. Chronicles have put the Old Gods on a level just below the Keepers and the Keepers were raid level/5 man level bosses. I wouldn't be surprised to see Azshara at a 5 man boss level too considering how weak she is.
    They've made a train conductor a raid boss. It's not hard to become a raid boss in WoW :P

They've made a train conductor a raid boss. It's not hard to become a raid boss in WoW :P
    I had completely forgotten about this. God, this was ridiculous...

It would be a crime to base the whole expansion only on Kul'tiras. If they do it now, there wont be enough content for future South seas expansion, and honestly, WoW is starting to get old, less and less people play mmorpg... If they dont do South seas now, there may never be the chance again, with void lords over the horizon.

They could add Zandalari trolls to the horde, Kul'tiras people to the alliance, and reignite the conflict between the factions, with azshara/nzoth looming abouve (or rather below ) us

Hi guys!

So I know there is already a big topic going on HERE about 8.0 speculation, and as many of you probably know by now many clues are pointing towards Kul'Tiras. Now, following the general logic behind the naming of the icons, it is suggested that Kul'Tiras would be an expansion of its own rather than just a zone. So I thought it would be interesting to make a poll about it, and see what people think and what's their opinion about it.

So what do you think? Is Kul'Tiras gonna be retconned to some extent in order to make it eligible as a full continent expansion? Is it gonna be just a zone among others in the Baradin Bay? Or rather in the South Seas? Or maybe it's just here to throw us off the track?
    It'll be a "continent;" also, in terms of WoW, the scale doesn't matter, so Kul Tiras will - more or less - be like the Broken Isles, i.e. a continent in name only.

- - - Updated - - -

Once, after seeing those Chronicles maps, I had a silly thought, that Cataclysm shifted Kul Tiras deeper to the sea (I dunno, if I remember correctly some dev said it during or shortly before Cataclysm) to align it with the N'zoth's prison. Short story even shorter: it would include an underground expansion, where we start on Kul Tiras and descend deeper and deeper to punch N'zoth :P
    That was nothing more than a deflection to account for Vashj'ir being in its location.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
    Nice to see that people are happy with the Kul'Tiras leak.
    By the way, can someone refresh my memory about the Jaina father, Daelin? What happened with this dude?
    Rexxar killed him.

I'm with you on this buddy! I mean, it could end up not being that bad if it is a continent, I was globally satisfied with the Broken Isles, but still...

Never going to happen. Jaina HATES the Horde since they destroyed her city, Theramore. And it is the Kirin Tor that kicked her out the Council of the Six, not the Alliance!
    They didn't kick her out of the Council of Six, she left after they voted 4-2 to readmit the Sunreavers and Horde by extention into the city on Khadgar's request. She basically threw a tantrum, said they'd regret it, and teleported away. She's still technically their leader, unless the Kirin Tor has some process to depose an absent leader who's basically abandoned them. Khadgar is simple the ad hoc leader right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They didn't kick her out of the Council of Six, she left after they voted 4-2 to readmit the Sunreavers and Horde by extention into the city on Khadgar's request. She basically threw a tantrum, said they'd regret it, and teleported away. She's still technically their leader, unless the Kirin Tor has some process to depose an absent leader who's basically abandoned them. Khadgar is simple the ad hoc leader right now.
    You're absolutely right, I was a little abusive with the words. What I meant is that they knew she would throw a trantrum for that, and they didn't hold her back. And now that you mention it, I don't know how it works for the Kirin Tor leadership in that very case. I mean, she did leave the city, that city was then teleported, in war with the Legion and... she was never there. Not even once. So can we still consider her the leader of the Kirin Tor? I'm quite not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    I would say, given the size of the island, Kul Tiras is most likely to be a single zone or a small collection of zones like Vashj'ir was, but not an entire continent.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

You're absolutely right, I was a little abusive with the words. What I meant is that they knew she would throw a trantrum for that, and they didn't hold her back. And now that you mention it, I don't know how it works for the Kirin Tor leadership in that very case. I mean, she did leave the city, that city was then teleported, in war with the Legion and... she was never there. Not even once. So can we still consider her the leader of the Kirin Tor? I'm quite not sure.
    To be honest I don't think the other members of the Six ever really respected her as the leader to begin with. Right after she was appointed, after Theramore, she tried to get Dalaran to join her attack on Orgrimmar, they vetoed her. During WoD she placed a ban on Horde members setting foot on Kirin Tor controlled territory (remember when the mana elemental tried to stop you from accompanying Khadgar into his tower in Talador?), and Khadgar basically went "if she has a problem with him being here she can take it up with me."

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    To be honest I don't think the other members of the Six ever really respected her as the leader to begin with. Right after she was appointed, after Theramore, she tried to get Dalaran to join her attack on Orgrimmar, they vetoed her. During WoD she placed a ban on Horde members setting foot on Kirin Tor controlled territory (remember when the mana elemental tried to stop you from accompanying Khadgar into his tower in Talador?), and Khadgar basically went "if she has a problem with him being here she can take it up with me."
    That's right, I forgot about that! But to be fair, it's not a council for nothing, hopefully they can veto her. I wonder if Dalaran has a parliament that actually elects the members of the Six.