Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

good ways to make gold not involving AH

I just dont like managing the AH. What are good ways to make gold that dont involve the auction house?

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-PrhgpVSk8

This should help. Shameless self promotion and all that. TL;DR

1) DE'ing epics and selling Chaos Crystals. No you dont need an addon. Just check the price and undercut by 1copper.
    2) Get gold follower items for your followers and go on World Quests.
    3) LFR for runes, or the Broken Shore wq buff you can get sometimes. Runes are expensive.
    4) Herbalism

Sumptuous Fur. With no new bag, (or at least not a bigger bag), Fur still sells for 3.5-7g on my server (Bleeding Hollow US), depending on the week. (Some weeks I only get 3.5 per, most more like 5, and if no one has been farming, sometimes 7+). I'd say that 5g per is pretty average.

With a skinner follower on the barn, you get 22/work order AND a guaranteed Savage Blood per order. You get 42 orders per week, and at 110, you can farm the wolves for the large work orders in like 2 hits. 30 minutes of farming gets you 2+ weeks worth.

I have 5 toons, and I farm enough for a whole month on each, takes about 40 minutes per toon (do them on successive days to kill e monotony), check in every six days to re-up the work orders...

And easily clear 300k+ per month.... and that doesn't include the 200 Savage Bloods you get per 6 days; you can still sell these in the trading post for the sack of coins (50g each, there's a macro to buy and open them, one button). That's another 10K per week with 5 toons.

Also, as mentioned, 50g + 50g (legendary, if you have it)' + 25g follower items with a follower for WQs adds up fast.

And 200% all gold missions (which are 400-800 up front and 1500 for the bonus).

I make enough just from doing emissaries on 5 toons + makinsure to do all gold missions that's that pays for my account. The 300K+ fro furs has so far paid for a few store mounts, SC Remastered, a HotS starter pack back in 1.0, and I still now one more week away from paying for Destiny. And I'm still sitting on a million.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird spellings and missing letter courtesy of my iPad's screen finally packing it in (or, at least, the touch portion) after many years of loyal service.

10 alts, all with followers @ 850 &meatballs, passive 10k+ daily

get a job, buy tokens, sell said tokens

i used to run old Raids on my alt could make easy 4k completing them and vendoring the loots

As far as pure farming goes, nothing beats mining certain broken shore caves with server hop. Including herbalism.

Consistent ~30k per hour for me unless you have lots of competition which is rare nowadays.
    Last edited by scmpoe; 2017-07-08 at 09:44 AM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    3) LFR for runes, or the Broken Shore wq buff you can get sometimes. Runes are expensive.
    I would add to this, that if youre a healer or a tank its worth checking out the daily heroic and all wings of LFR from time to time for the bonus cache. Dps rarely get it but its very profitable. Includes a bit over 800 gold and 3 runes. With runes selling for at least 400 gold each this puts the total to around 2k for just the bonus cache, and greatly increases your profit margin assuming you have some patience and time to wait for the bonus cache to be up.

Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    As far as pure farming goes, nothing beats mining certain broken shore caves with server hop. Including herbalism.

Consistent ~30k per hour for me unless you have lots of competition which is rare nowadays.
    Yep, this is solid. I recently did a look into this, and it does work well. But OP said he dosent like AH...Like mats also needs to be undercut to sell quite often.

Anyway OP, with AH you dont make gold, simple as that. Ofc you can do the mission crap, but its so bad gold compared to work vs just doing AH.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

As for farming gold, if you want to take a passive approach about it, I recommend working on your followers. I have a titled (that's the rank) follower that I use for when I go out to do world quests. I make about 150 gold PER world quest, which doesn't seem like much but it does add up. if you do that, + garrison 2.0 mission table gold runs (200%) you'll be making anywhere from 60-70k a week. I'm not saying it's effortless cause the work to get to that point is pretty grindy. Don't forget throwing in some old raids and vendoring the epics they drop. it's not as much as it used to be, but it could add an extra 5-8k to your total per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonite View Post
    I would add to this, that if youre a healer or a tank its worth checking out the daily heroic and all wings of LFR from time to time for the bonus cache. Dps rarely get it but its very profitable. Includes a bit over 800 gold and 3 runes. With runes selling for at least 400 gold each this puts the total to around 2k for just the bonus cache, and greatly increases your profit margin assuming you have some patience and time to wait for the bonus cache to be up.
    They contain 1-4 runes.

Just use real money for WOW money.

If I weren't already a multi-millionaire in gold from selling challenge mode carries throughout MOP, I could just take an extra shift at work just one time and get two million gold for it. And i'd gladly do it because I love my job and it's far more enjoyable than 8 hours of idiotic grinding or the other tedious, unfun ways to make gold in WOW like world quests.

I hit gold cap about 4 years ago now and still haven't even spent two million of it, and that is including buying the spider mount. You'd only have to do that extra work once and bet set for a few years.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

If I weren't already a multi-millionaire in gold from selling challenge mode carries throughout MOP, I could just take an extra shift at work just one time and get two million gold for it. And i'd gladly do it because I love my job and it's far more enjoyable than 8 hours of idiotic grinding or the other tedious, unfun ways to make gold in WOW like world quests.

I hit gold cap about 4 years ago now and still haven't even spent two million of it, and that is including buying the spider mount. You'd only have to do that extra work once and bet set for a few years.
    You haven't spent two million gold, including a two million gold goldsink?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

You managed to buy the spider mount for under 2 million gold? Sir, please tell how...!
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    You managed to buy the spider mount for under 2 million gold? Sir, please tell how...!
    I think many people managed to do this now. If you didnt play in WOD milking that fun, you lost out, but legion has only made a lot of players even richer, myself included.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I think many people managed to do this now. If you didnt play in WOD milking that fun, you lost out, but legion has only made a lot of players even richer, myself included.
    I wasn't questioning his ability to actually buy the mount, I believe that, I have it myself. I was questioning the part where he says he hasn't even spent two million gold since MoP yet still bought the spider mount. Definitely agree though, WoD and Legion have made gaining gold incredibly easy.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    get a combat ally
    level him to legendary
    strap him / her with gold droping items
    do world quest with that ally

profit

atleast 5 k per day on 1 chars i personally make 10 k + everyday with that method and have fun doing it too
    125 g per world quest on top of the posible gold reward from the world you are doing
    Last edited by MORGATH99; 2017-07-10 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    get a combat ally
    level him to legendary
    strap him / her with gold droping items
    do world quest with that ally

profit

atleast 5 k per day on 1 chars i personally make 10 k + everyday with that method and have fun doing it too
    125 g per world quest on top of the posible gold reward from the world you are doing
    The problem is most people don't find grinding endless WQs "fun".

It's the same with most other goldmaking activities, be it grinding lfr for augment runes, fishing all day or farming dreamleaf, for most people these are not fun.

It's hard to find something both fun and profitable, and that's why the market for tokens is rolling so well, many people just pay off so they don't have to dabble in these unfun activities and skip to the juicy parts.

As others have said set up your alts, just takes time initially. Sell like raid or mythic+ carries if youre good

Deleted
    1. Do the 2 follower gold missions that spawn per day ~4500g(hint - use the phone app)
    2. The emissary chest may give ~ 900g
    3. Optional - Do all gold WQs with combat ally equipped with gold per WQ complete ~ 1000 to 3000g(or more if u are lucky with some nice follower legendary gear).
    4. BS treasure chest - it drop trash items between 25 and 150g
    5. Loot everything you kill and vendor it while doing 2. and 3. ~ 200g.

Roughly you can make around 10k hard gold per day per char just by doing the daily chores. And if you use bloodhunter shoulder enchant - use the blood for crafting mats(herbs or fish) and sell them or use them to craft and sell on AH. It is really really easy to make gold this expansion... I could even argue its better than what WoD offered.