Starting to get worried about health of Alpha raiders, they've been on him for what, 17 hours in a row now? Even their PCs are dying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    It must be tough to be in these top 20 guilds that are progressing on Avatar right now, they're not even close to killing him. At least Exorsus and Method have WF race to motivate them, they know they're the best and that fight in a lot of ways is balanced around them and that GMs are watching. But if you're in like Future or Nova or whatever and you saw that it took both top guilds a full week of daytime rading with 5 rogues and 5 mages and you're nowhere near them when it comes to immunities, ilvl, dps and probably a bit below in mechanical skill, how do you even motivate yourself to log on? It just takes like 1 or 2 people who can't take it anymore and that's it, especially if that person is a healer or a tank.

For Future in particular it must be "public" pressure that's keeping them in the game, if you quit or start whining you'll have idiots from Twitch chat spamming your private for years.
    Or you know they have a brain...
    Obviously the boss will get nerfed next reset or at the very latest the one after. So the only logical choice is to learn the mechanics and be ready for a quick kill when nerfs hit. Blizzard is quite aware that most 7/9 guilds have no chance of killing this boss for weeks to come because of gear/classes. Star Augur says hello.

Not so hard to figure out
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2017-07-10 at 10:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    All the tracking in vanilla and tbc was completely manual. After the top guilds cleared the dungeons no one has properly tracked each kill from each guild. Good ol' screen or it didnt happen.
    Screen or what didn't happen? Guilds raiding 5 days a week and clearing SWP? wowjutsu.com being a big fat lie?
    It wasn't manual at all what the fuck are you talking about?
    It did track using data from armory using loot from the boss...
    http://web.archive.org/web/200802181...om:80/faq.html

Why didn't my guild get credit for a kill?
    There are a few of reasons why this could happen. The first being that WowJutsu just hasn't updated your guild yet, be patient and it will show up within a few days. Another possibility is that WowJutsu updated your guild's page, but the armory was not up to date at the time. Again just be patient with this and it will show up. The third reason is that the armory does not currently show your guild members wearing the loot from the boss. Unless your guildies are always equipped in a wedding dress and a rockethelm the armory will pick up your loot eventually. Again just be patient.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-07-10 at 10:41 PM.

TFW you see your guild on wowjutsu feelsgoodman

Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    Starting to get worried about health of Alpha raiders, they've been on him for what, 17 hours in a row now? Even their PCs are dying
    6AM in China atm, it's not unusual for hardcore guilds to stay up until morning when they are close to kill... but yeah i'm betting my money on another sub 2% try and they're done with it for today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Screen or what didn't happen? Guilds raiding 5 days a week and clearing SWP? wowjutsu.com being a big fat lie?

The first steps of wowjutsu didnt worked properly. It took their time until it got enough credibility for common use. For the top guilds race the old classic way was still the most liked one ( so its nowadays). Its just precise and fast. The armory was a pure mess in the beginning. I can definitely remeber back in the t6 content at which the old tracking style was way more in use than wowjutsu (sure, wowjutsu worked automatically, but only a few cared about).

I have unfortunately absolutely no clue what happend during the swp time. In that time mmo-c front page was my only window in the scene.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-07-10 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post

Clearly he meant "Screenshot or it didnt happen". Screenshots were your first proof that you killed a boss, often posted onto your realm's forums as proof you killed the boss. Most realms had a progression post that tracked most/every guild (unless the progression was dogshit) and generally required a screenshot as proof. Sure, wowjustsu could be used, but as it says, it can take days to update. If you were on a server that actually had guild and progression competition, you couldn't rely on something slow and archaic to update your progression, you posted a SS immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Jesus, that'd demoralize me so damn much...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    495?k (the ? is any number), so this symbol is not k (as 000), but 10k (as 0000), so the boss had 7090000 or 7.09 mil, as stated. Still about ~2 scorches+instant pyrocrit of any fire mage of their ilvl.
    2 Scorches + instant pyrocrit would be around ~2,2m

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Jesus, that'd demoralize me so damn much...
    Top guilds are so used to < 1% wipes.

Deleted
    Alpha 8/9!

Alpha just got avatar

Our asian friends did it boys, time for KJ stream, Alpha 8/9

well three guilds at 8/9 now

Edit: Well damn guess many others are watching the streams.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Alpha 8/9!
    Last edited by Constellation; 2017-07-10 at 11:39 PM. Reason: 8/9 oops

10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha 8/9 Wow.

Deleted
    8am kill holy shit lol

omg their going nuts hahahah

omg the alpha nerd screams