Alpha kill video can be found here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158183787

Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    5 kill rule was already outdated during NH when competition was much tighter, nowadays it's just stupid, it's not like Easy is in actual race with Method and Exorsus, they're literal weeks behind.
    I don't think the 5 guilds rule was just about competition, its about letting those guilds kill the boss by figuring out the strat on their own. That is what some people enjoy, having to go in blind without knowing exactly what to do and figure out a strat that works and then execute it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Based on a 5 day work week, that comes out to a little over $114k per year. To say they must find a new job is well rather disingenuous, considering the average pay for someone in the US is far below that. People can and do live comfortably making 50-60k per year.
    Not everyone has to work a 5 day work week. I work seven out of fourteen days on twelve hour shifts. People with trade skills make great money. I know electricians, pipefitters, welders and more that make great money. A lot can depend on the area you live in but there could still be outliers with jobs in some areas.

You are correct that people can and do live comfortably off 50-60k per year. When I graduated college all I wanted to do was make 40k per year at a minimum and I could live very comfortably. Sometimes a job may require you to make a leap of faith and dive in something totally new just to see where you may end up. I did just that over a decade ago and wound up with a great job with a great company. Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Don't feed him, just spouting crap like he's a millionaire when he's probably a neckbeard living off benefits in his mum's basement.
    I am not a millionaire. I am not even close. I do not live in my mom's basement. Best of luck to you as well.

It never hurts to try to look for something else. Jobs are out there, but you have to know where to look. If you want to make quick cash for a short time period and see what may lie out there, here is a great place to start looking.

OT: I wonder how far the two guilds are getting on KJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Screen or what didn't happen? Guilds raiding 5 days a week and clearing SWP? wowjutsu.com being a big fat lie?
    It wasn't manual at all what the fuck are you talking about?
    It did track using data from armory using loot from the boss...
    http://web.archive.org/web/200802181...om:80/faq.html

Why didn't my guild get credit for a kill?
    being in the 79th guild on the list... woot

i remember being top 50 us but didnt remember being top 100 world

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    World #3 streaming :FeelsGoodMan:
    I just don't understand the logic behind Method/Exorsus not streaming - wow raiding is at a point where strategy is seldom the deterministic factor in killing new bosses. Time, gear, execution, and raw experience are the requirements for a kill. As the Alpha streamer put it, after 700 wipes, every single raider has experienced every possible combination of boss abilities and know how to deal with every situation almost perfectly.

The top guilds will always be top, no matter if they stream or not. But it will generate so much more fan interest not to mention the lucrative financial benefits. Looking at a screenshot/30 sec nerd scream is not the same as witnessing the boss going down after watching a few hours of failed attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Awarth View Post
    Even if it existed, Exorsus' strat is still a mystery, so I highly doubt they will release it, especially if KJ is still bugged/overtuned. Because in that case the 3 days Exorsus does have on KJ don't really matter much (depending on how far into the fight they've gotten of course)
    Hmm the one-tank strat mystery is probably just resto druids taking turns at taunting the desolate (which doesn't even do that much damage by itself; barkskin, bear form, maybe ironbark to survive it, also two of them apparently used ekowraith so the guardian affinity passive damage reduction increases to ~10%). Still, tanking both avatar and maiden alone must be insanely high tank damage.

I really hope we get to see their tank pov video at some point.

Strats still COULD make a difference. More often that not, it won't be the deciding factor, but it's still possible that two otherwise close guilds could come up with a strat to put them over the top.

But, the world first race is such a non-event now. Serenity dying was kind of the final nail in the coffin. Method winning will be met with meh's. Method/Exorsus/etc. should embrace the streaming era, make some actual money in exchange for their efforts, and shoot some life into this whole thing. They might miss out on some world firsts here and there but again, it doesn't mean enough at this point to offset the streaming benefits.

Funny how people from Method/Exorsus don't understand that they can make actual money streaming progression, much more than what Sloot is making and hes not even fighting for world first...

Damn watching Alpha kill FA is actually one of the most hyped things ive seen in a while.

I bet Method would gladly stream, considering how commercial they are and how many streamers they have, plus wasn't Sco suggesting they might stream in Legion one of the reason why guild broke up? But Exorsus are too stubborn and old-school, they have like 3 people in guild who even stream and they often wouldn't even stream farm raids because their GM was against it for some reason that week(it used to be buyers in raid, but i don't think they boosted anyone since their WF).

And with one of the guilds refusing to stream other will never do it. Also, i feel like a lot of top guilds got burned when they streamed HM progression, if anyone doesn't remember a lot of people did re-streams of their kills as a way to get ppl to watch and we all know how that ended for Method - they never tried anything like that since, even if you're not streaming you still get distracted by chat.

Wondering how long it will take everyone to get Avatar again after this weeks resets. I assume Meth/Exor willl be pretty quick? But given the "rng" of the Alpha kill curious if they will have tons of pulls just to get back to KJ.

It would have to be 0 interaction, no cam streams. Because then it's not just strats you are streaming you also have raiders being distracted and losing focus because they are reading twitch chat or interacting with their stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    Alpha kill video can be found here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158183787
    Those nerd screams are amazing.

842...attempts....

That's....fucked up!

But, also amazing! GG!

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    It would have to be 0 interaction, no cam streams. Because then it's not just strats you are streaming you also have raiders being distracted and losing focus because they are reading twitch chat or interacting with their stream.
    Not just streamers either, i remember when PG streamed their Tichondrus progression and one of their rogues was running around soaking, which led to him being on the same dps level as tanks and dying one-two times per fight, idiots in chat didn't understand it no matter what other people said and started abusing him in private. And now imagine if you're a new recruit and already nervous to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    Wondering how long it will take everyone to get Avatar again after this weeks resets. I assume Meth/Exor willl be pretty quick? But given the "rng" of the Alpha kill curious if they will have tons of pulls just to get back to KJ.
    Alpha has to kill the boss without using runes next week, so they can use it on KJ. Lets see if their gear on 3rd week is good enough to make it easy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    Without changes Alpha should reclear it pretty quickly with a new set of gear from the first 7.
    They obviously know the fight (after 800+ wipes) and got it consistently low.
    Now, Method/Exo obviously got alot more KJ practice in so they still have a sizable lead.

Haha so much shouting in Alpha video, I love it.

That kill was the most hyped thing i've ever seen....

Never seen that much hype, since Molten core!

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    That kill was the most hyped thing i've ever seen....

Never seen that much hype, since Molten core!
    Skip to 10:15. And also read chat.

This is probably my favorite kill video from all of WoW.

Last edited by Oftenwrongsoong; 2017-07-11 at 01:02 AM.