Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    They can go to hell. It should be mandatory to stream if you want to be in the race. What if the NFL said that they're not going to show the super bowl live, that they're only going to post half time and full time scores. How interesting would that be? That's what those chumps are doing essentially.
    Except they're paying to play the game. The people putting on the superbowl are paid to put it on. Very different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Except they're paying to play the game. The people putting on the superbowl are paid to put it on. Very different.
    to an extent so is Method. I mean they're all pretty much sponsored at this point, right? What if a sponsor put in a stipulation that to get paid they have to stream?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    to an extent so is Method. I mean they're all pretty much sponsored at this point, right? What if a sponsor put in a stipulation that to get paid they have to stream?
    They don't get paid very much by sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    That's good, otherwise the boss would have been over 1000 pull boss.
    That's not good.

Now, the wipe counts won't feel as epic, as needed be.

Just wait out this tier. Exorsus will get 2nd, write a blog on enforcing ToS, QA and quit this 16 hours a day shitfest. Without "competition" Method will just stream for extra money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Just wait out this tier. Exorsus will get 2nd, write a blog on enforcing ToS, QA and quit this 16 hours a day shitfest. Without "competition" Method will just stream for extra money.
    They had no competition in MoP and still didn't stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    They had no competition in MoP and still didn't stream.
    They did, in Blood Legion. Took Empress World first from Method and was close in ther other tiers, often being on the same boss countless times.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    Funny how people from Method/Exorsus don't understand that they can make actual money streaming progression, much more than what Sloot is making and hes not even fighting for world first...
    Dumb post of the day! Ofc they understand, they just care more about getting an edge than making $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    That's good, otherwise the boss would have been over 1000 pull boss.
    the boss was flat out impossible w/o the changes...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    Funny how people from Method/Exorsus don't understand that they can make actual money streaming progression, much more than what Sloot is making and hes not even fighting for world first...
    On the one hand the amount of money they could be making is limited at best. You don't think Slootbag is pulling in over 6 figures because of him streaming wipes on Avatar, right?

On the other hand, what a lot of you don't realize is that cutting edge progression isn't pretty: you can see it in the Future streams as well. I've seen both Slootbag, Nagura and Rikh complaining, blaming, showing their impatience, etc. That's all normal because there's a lot of stress involved. Amplify that by a few factors for Method whose only option is World First. This doesn't add to their brand at all. A few thousand people would be willing to see how they solve the puzzles, but do you also want to hear Sco yelling at a raid member for missing a soak? Or for ankhing a split second too late? Do you want to hear the dozens of tiny altercations that happen when nerves and fatigue start getting the better of patience?

I fully understand their decision not to stream the gritty part of playing this game, and I think it's the right call.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    do you also want to hear Sco yelling at a raid member for missing a soak? Or for ankhing a split second too late?

I fully understand their decision not to stream the gritty part of playing this game, and I think it's the right call.
    "ankh, asshole!". i'd love it. not streaming is the wrong call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FAfLvCGvV8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    On the one hand the amount of money they could be making is limited at best. You don't think Slootbag is pulling in over 6 figures because of him streaming wipes on Avatar, right?

On the other hand, what a lot of you don't realize is that cutting edge progression isn't pretty: you can see it in the Future streams as well. I've seen both Slootbag, Nagura and Rikh complaining, blaming, showing their impatience, etc. That's all normal because there's a lot of stress involved. Amplify that by a few factors for Method whose only option is World First. This doesn't add to their brand at all. A few thousand people would be willing to see how they solve the puzzles, but do you also want to hear Sco yelling at a raid member for missing a soak? Or for ankhing a split second too late? Do you want to hear the dozens of tiny altercations that happen when nerves and fatigue start getting the better of patience?

They are on a guild way under their skill level, so yes they feel frustrated. I doubt that they were acting like that on Serenity.

Quote Originally Posted by Draggosh View Post
    They are on a guild way under their skill level, so yes they feel frustrated. I doubt that they were acting like that on Serenity.
    One of the most interesting things about Future is going to be seeing how their roster changes. They have a pretty solid team, but there's obvious weak links, people that consistently die to the same mechanics and consistently aren't on the same page as the rest of the raid. I won't name names but I have a pretty good idea after watching Sloot's stream pretty much every day since ToS came out.

After ToS prog, there will probably be a fairly sizable turnover rate for Future's roster, assuming Sloot and Naguura are willing to be the bad guys and kick people. Who they get as replacements will determine if their guild does better or worse in Argus.

I think all of this is interesting, because streaming prog is a double edged sword for recruitment. Someone apping to the guild knows exactly what to expect, both flaws and virtues. There's also the fame aspect. Thousands of people will be watching you every single day. Some people will love that and want to get in on that. Others will be deterred.

PS: 90% Of mechanic problems would be solved if people just fucking listened when Sloot said shit or asked him to repeat himself when they don't understand, instead of trying to wing it.

Deleted
    They don't have any "right" to act like asses though. They couldn't make Serenity work, and these people are allowing them to compete at a high level.

Slootbag, Nagura can't kill bosses alone and this is the highest level Rikh has played so he can stick a cork in it.

If you have a problem with a member, kick them and if you can't kick them due to the fact they're essential (even if solely due to recruitment issues) you best hope you don't make them feel so unwelcome they quit.

Quote Originally Posted by safarmo View Post
    709万 means 7.09 million in chinese
    Thanks m8!
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Those nerd screams are amazing.
    Yeah really cheerful to hear !

Looks like KJ might survive another lockout, when was the last time a boss survived 2 lockouts? Rag? Arch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    SO avatar WAS actually possible but KJ was actually impossible is what I've gathered from the thread. Remember when people said mathematically impossible?
    This is my issue with modern top guilds: in a sense, same thing happened in NH. They bring the obscene tuning upon themselves by min mixing so hard that everything is tuned so manically at the last bit. NH broke not top guilds, tomb breaking top guilds. I get that the boss was impossible, but I think that only happened because of min maxing.
    Method has been top 5 since BWL... definitely not a modern guild

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    The guy under your post posted the picture... it's 7.09m hp... if you fail to see that, you should get an eye doctor or maybe think about how numbers are displayed in chinese client. No, the boss has not 71.59m hp
    Ye sorry me for not knowing chinese

Deleted
    I'm 100% certain they were, because it's only normal.