Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A. Games being cheaper during early access is bog standard procedure.

B. The tantrums about the DLC have gone from legitimate concern to borderline ridiculous.

C. They did not hold the fucking sheeps ransom, for fucks sake.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    A. Games being cheaper during early access is bog standard procedure.

B. The tantrums about the DLC have gone from legitimate concern to borderline ridiculous.

C. They did not hold the fucking sheeps ransom, for fucks sake.
    They heavily implied that they would if they were not voted for on Steam. Key word is implied in all this.

Also people are more pissed that we are 2 years and closing in on launch and the legitimate issues such as performance are not fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    legitimate issues such as performance are not fixed.
    Yes, that is a legitimate issue. Complain about that vociferously. Complain about all the standing legitimate issues, and warn all potential buyers about them.

The fucking sheeps are not one of them. Let it the fuck go.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best example of EA done right (and possibly only) is Rust.

It truly started off in EA as what EA should be (super early alpha) and has gone through drastic changes including changing engines (for the better).

The addition of custom skins were things people were screaming for on forums, so Facepunch was just doing what people were asking for. It's all cosmetic anyways.

Not only will the game be finished, but it has a huge team updating it every week with the head of each person in charge of certain aspects sharing what's been patched, what should be changed, and listening/sharing feedback/comments on /r/PlayRust

However, it is notorious for having toxic people being vocal in the game, but to me it's one of the most amazing games out.

As for PUBG, whether or not people want to admit it, EA is being used as a way to prepare for the console releases. Blizzard did the same with Diablo 3 and the design was clearly aimed for consoles from the beginning. Ark also appears to have been secretly designed for consoles from the beginning.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    The best example of EA done right is Rust.

It truly started off in EA as what EA should be (super early alpha) and has gone through drastic changes including changing engines (for the better).

The addition of custom skins were things people were screaming for on forums, so Facepunch was just doing what people were asking for. It's all cosmetic anyways.

Not only will the game be finished, but it has a huge team updating it every week with the head of each person in charge of certain aspects sharing what's been patched, what should be changed, and listening/sharing feedback/comments on /r/PlayRust

However, it is notorious for having toxic people being vocal in the game, but to me it's one of the most amazing games out.

As for PUBG, whether or not people want to admit it, EA is being used as a way to prepare for the console releases. Blizzard did the same with Diablo 3 and the design was clearly aimed for consoles from the beginning. Ark also appears to have been secretly designed for consoles from the beginning.
    Then why the hell does it run awfully on them? I've played it on PS4 and the constant FPS dips are terrible. Are they not aware? This game is out in less than a month.

Then why the hell does it run awfully on them? I've played it on PS4 and the constant FPS dips are terrible. Are they not aware? This game is out in less than a month.
    To add to this.

The game runs like trash on both PS4 and PS4Pro.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

To be fair it's not so bad on Pro Normal. It's bearable. However it's hitting 20 on Detail which is a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say Ark ran well, just that EA on Steam is clearly being used to prepare some games for console releases and that the buyers are unaware they're helping shape or test a game that isn't designed for PC but rather consoles where that design limitation will hold overall design and capabilities back.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-07-11 at 07:23 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

As I said the price hike would be fine had they bothered to fix issues that players were constantly telling them about.

Doesn't help the devs got upto some scummy stuff within the 2 years such as implying they would hold DLC at ransom and there were rumours spread about that devs were giving the big streamers some of the top gear and dinosaurs.
    The only issues I've run into with the game are crashes in the form of blue screens on ultra-rare occasions. I have a feeling that has more to do with my SLI and video drivers, which are kind of a joint venture between the game and gpu developer.

People keep saying "games raise in price after EA" while neglecting the fact the game really hasn't changed, is still buggy, still has shit tier animations, and still is optimized like pure ass.

There is nothing to remotely resemble them having a finished product, the game still is a EA game. If it DID actually look like a finished product they improved greatly upon then you might have a point. That's not the case.

Thats litteraly what early access is? Whats the problem, they sell the game for cheaper if you are willing to buy and play the alpha/beta and when the game is fully released the price will be full price aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Thats litteraly what early access is? Whats the problem, they sell the game for cheaper if you are willing to buy and play the alpha/beta and when the game is fully released the price will be full price aswell.
    Except for the part where the game still looks and plays like an early alpha build and they're trying to say it's finished...

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Problem is the game is still the equivalent of a Beta in terms of quality and polish.

Problem is the game is still the equivalent of a Beta in terms of quality and polish.
    Shit ain't even close to a beta. It's literally like an early alpha build they have never really improved on. All the changes / "content" they add has done little to raise the quality of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I almost purchased it, but then saw all the reviews saying how the devs don't listen to players, which is very important for a game to succeed, so didn't purchase it. Hopefully it was the right choice

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

And final game still hasn't been fixed over the 2 years and has had DLC released in that time.
    You keep saying that like it means something. The people who make content and the people who fix bugs are completely different people. They are completely independent sides of development that have nothing to do with each other. People like to rattle that same saber when any game releases with DLC at launch but is full of bugs and other problems.

While the exact breakdown of their development team is unknown, that's standard for just about any company in the industry. The biggest game MMOC is dedicated to is World of Warcraft, and despite the billions of dollars that Blizzard makes and hundreds of people they employ, they have a game that's full of bugs that haven't been after years and years of players complaining about them.

But you want to pitch a fit about the Ark developers releasing a buggy game? They made what, maybe 1% of what Blizzard made last year. Yes, I hate buggy games as much as anyone, but at least people know what they are buying ahead of time because Ark was in EA for so long. Any of the bugs or problems the game may have still will be fully known to everyone before the plunk down full price for it.

The only issue anyone should have with the price hike is the fact that it's being done to suck up to console makers. Sony and Microsoft don't like it when games are sold cross platform for a lower price than what they set for their own platform. And they both set a hard $60 price for anything they don't consider to be an indie or other small title. Some developers have enough pull where they don't have to capitulate to their price demands, like Blizzard did with Overwatch. But that whole mandatory $60 console price is why the "Origins" edition existed. Blizzard didn't consider their base game to be worth $60, so they had to add that stuff in to reach the $60 console price point. Then they released both the base version and Origins edition on PC.

So while it is perfectly normal for an EA game to increase in price before launch, the price its increasing to and why is the only problem. They're giving into pressure from MS and Sony to sell their game on PC at a price that matches the mandatory $60 price they say games must be released at on their systems. What the developers should be doing is increasing the price, but not as much as they are just to match the console price.

the way i buy early access games is i say to myself "does this game offer enough for me to feel i enjoyed it for what i paid even if it literally never gets anything else" if it does that then i buy it and if i get more out of it great, if i dont, well, i knew going in that it was a gamble but i enjoyed what i got

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Some developers have enough pull where they don't have to capitulate to their price demands, like Blizzard did with Overwatch. But that whole mandatory $60 console price is why the "Origins" edition existed. Blizzard didn't consider their base game to be worth $60, so they had to add that stuff in to reach the $60 console price point. Then they released both the base version and Origins edition on PC.
    im gonna call bullshit on that unless you have proof.

every blizzard game has had a collectors edition except heroes and hearthstone and aside from the statue the overwatch one has nothing special in it that LITERALLY EVERY CE GETS. some ingame cosmetic stuff and every ce has had a cheaper or equal price digital deluxe edition since i think mists or hots

so unless you have proof they made it just for sony and microsoft im going to assume the ce was simply the same one they do for all there physical games
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It also doesn't excuse them increasing the games price 2 year's after its release.
    Actually they increased the price 2 weeks before the release, not 2 years after. Why would you expect an incomplete game in Early Access to cost the same as a full game? Thats the madness, not increasing the price of the full game.

As others have said, you don't understand early access. Who would buy an EA game at $60, years before its done? Noone, thats who.

Within the last 2 years, the game gained substantial amounts of content (for free!) and can offer hundreds of hours of gaming. Its well worth the full price either way.

But 2 years? They released DLC in that time and charged for it during EA.
    They also released a free DLC just a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-07-11 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Actually they increased the price 2 weeks before the release, not 2 years after. Why would you expect an incomplete game in Early Access to cost the same as a full game? Thats the madness, not increasing the price of the full game.

As others have said, you d on't understand early access.

Within the last 2 years, the game gained substantial amounts of content (for free!) and can offer hundreds of hours of gaming. Its well worth the full price either way.
    And yet still has the polish of an Alpha/Beta 1 month before official release. Debatable on whether it's worth that price personally.

They also released a free DLC just a few weeks ago.
    Good for them I guess. Now maybe fix the game before launch.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-11 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I almost purchased it, but then saw all the reviews saying how the devs don't listen to players, which is very important for a game to succeed, so didn't purchase it. Hopefully it was the right choice
    Actually, if devs listen too much to the players, the games turn out shit. Players don't know what they really need for a game to be good.