Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    They're giving into pressure from MS and Sony to sell their game on PC at a price that matches the mandatory $60 price they say games must be released at on their systems.
    No such requirement exists. Stop making stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Actually, if devs listen too much to the players, the games turn out shit. Players don't know what they really need for a game to be good.
    Really? So all those players giving legit critique over the performance issues is the wrong way to go?

The game has had FPS issues since 2015, the game has had god knows how many bugs since 2015, the game has been unpolished for 2 WHOLE YEARS and it is 1 month from launch.

What should players just shut up and let it launch like that?

As others have said, you don't understand early access. Who would buy an EA game at $60, years before its done? Noone, thats who.
    The same people who bought AC Unity at release or has bought ships in Star Citizen.
    You and a couple others can keep repeating this same childish line over and over. It doesn't make your argument look good, It just makes you not really worth replying to.

The current state of the game is like playing a Alpha game. Anyone who is ok with this has no right to bitch about Ubisoft or any other company charging $60 for there broken, buggy ass mess.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And yet still has the polish of an Alpha/Beta 1 month before official release. Debatable on whether it's worth that price personally.
    I have around 500 hours or so in that game, and I've never really hit any serious bugs that caused me any serious amount of frustration. Considering how much play-time one usually gets out of other AAA games, this is easily worth its $60 (but then, I didn't pay that, because I already own it forever).

Speaking of forever, why do all those people that apparently have the game already complain about a price change that doesn't affect them?

I have around 500 hours or so in that game, and I've never really hit any serious bugs that caused me any serious amount of frustration. Considering how much play-time one usually gets out of other AAA games, this is easily worth its $60 (but then, I didn't pay that, because I already own it forever).

Speaking of forever, why do all those people that apparently have the game already complain about a price change that doesn't affect them?
    So you are blatantly denying there are performance issues yet there are widespread reports? Both on PC and Console. And videos showing that the PS4 Pro suffers on detail mode still.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-11 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im gonna call bullshit on that unless you have proof.
    It is bullshit. There is no requirement on pricing on Xbox One or PS4. There has been games launched at $4.99, 9.99, 14.99. 19.99 should I keep going on?

Hell the top selling console game of July is likely to be Crash and that launched at $39.99. Dude literally has no idea what he is talking about and is making shit up.

I have around 500 hours or so in that game, and I've never really hit any serious bugs that caused me any serious amount of frustration.
    Ya I'm calling bullshit on this...

??? Who u talking about because it clearly isn't me since I don't own the game on any platform. Those who do own it and yet complain clearly see its Anti-Consumer as fuck and another scummy thing they are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are blatantly denying there are performance issues yet there are widespread reports? Both on PC and Console. And videos showing that the PS4 Pro suffers on detail mode still.
    It suffers on both modes but more so detail to be clear
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-07-11 at 08:57 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It suffers on both modes but more so detail to be clear

Wow. Just wow. I have no words for this. It's going BELOW 20 DAMN FPS. And even hitting low 10 in some situations. How is that normal?

Wow. Just wow. I have no words for this. It's going BELOW 20 DAMN FPS. And even hitting low 10 in some situations. How is that normal?
    And "performance mode" on the PS4 PRO is running at sub 720p. 680p LMFAO. 680p on a system that is regularly running demanding games at 1440p or higher.

I remember when Minecraft had early access, the game cost like half of the current price. When they went fully live the price doubled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    And "performance mode" on the PS4 PRO is running at sub 720p. 680p LMFAO. 680p on a system that is regularly running demanding games at 1440p or higher.
    I know u said 1440p or higher, But I feel I must point out some of those higher games (not many) are even native 4k. That alone speaks about how shit this game is in performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't even know DF made that video, I must have missed it.

Frame-Rate Tests + Anal? Color me intrigued.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

The console game didn't even increase in price, so that seems somewhat unrelated, doesn't it. But I have not owned a gaming console since the SNES, and I don't plan to either.

The PC version runs mostly fine. Sure, it runs relatively low FPS (typically 30 to 40s, I believe they once stated its designed to run in that range), always has, but it runs constantly in that range without too high fluctuations, which still makes it feel decently smooth. It does require high-end hardware to run on highest quality, I guess, but I can only judge what I see myself on my PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So when you run out of arguments, you just call people liars?

I DO have 560 hours in ARK according to Steam right now. And I still enjoy the game everytime I log in.

The PC version runs mostly fine. Sure, it runs relatively low FPS (typically 30 to 40s, I believe they once stated its designed to run in that range), always has, but it runs constantly in that range without too high fluctuations, which still makes it feel decently smooth. It does require high-end hardware to run on highest quality, I guess, but I can only judge what I see myself on my PC.
    Yea because running at 30-40 fps on systems capable of playing Witcher 3 maxed out at 60 fps is legit. "Designed to play that way" aka we're shit developers who couldn't optimize our meals for a week let alone a game.

The PC version runs mostly fine. Sure, it runs relatively low FPS (typically 30 to 40s, I believe they once stated its designed to run in that range), always has, but it runs
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait your serious, No developer on this planet designed a game to run between 30-40 fps. There is some games designed to run at 30 fps (mostly on console). But a game running between 30-40 fps isn't designed that way. It happens when ether one of two things happens.

1) Person's PC is shit.

or

2) Games performance is shit.

The console game didn't even increase in price
    Naw it just released at $60 even tho the game is in alpha state.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reading through the various posts, seems like the title of the thread should have been "Ark Survivor is a Shitty Game".

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I almost purchased it, but then saw all the reviews saying how the devs don't listen to players, which is very important for a game to succeed, so didn't purchase it. Hopefully it was the right choice
    Since when? Almost every amazingly popular game empties most player suggestions into the trash: where they belong.

So when you run out of arguments, you just call people liars?

I DO have 560 hours in ARK according to Steam right now. And I still enjoy the game everytime I log in.
    You having 560 hours in Ark isn't the part I was calling bullshit on, It was the other part of that sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Since when? Almost every amazingly popular game empties most player suggestions into the trash: where they belong.
    So ARK should ignore people saying there are performance issues both on PC and Console? Yeah great start for a game to ignore actual criticism and issues.

People fell for the early access survival crafting meme and parted with their money again. Changing the price is greasy but until there is a finished retail build you cannot trust any early access dev not to go scummy on release. You would think people would be getting wise to it at some point.

If Phil Fish can put out a solid retail product without ebegging for money before release anyone can, if you are falling for said EA-open world crafting meme this late in the greenlight cycle i gotta ask why you thought it would be different this time.