Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I've never actually bought a phone, I just do contract that comes with a free phone :/

Atm I pay £20 per month for my nexus, and every 2 years I get a free upgrade to a new phone, would never spend £1200 on a phone unless it was going to last me 10 years and I had unlimited Internet and calls on it for life.

Quote Originally Posted by sockzz View Post
    It's about the software dude. Android is absolutely NOT on par with iOS in terms of usability. Something as simple as emojis are handled so poorly on Android that if you're texting someone with iOS the emoji could have a completely different meaning. Not to mention most Android phones come jam packed full of bloatware and other useless features like Bixby from Samsung.
    you mean ios is better for the computer impared. Ios is easy to use, its marketed at people who dont know how to use computers or electronics. Plenty of people i know with ios shit will take it to the apple store to fix simple shit they could have googled a solution to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I agree with you completely that the experience comes at a cost - being tied down into their ecosystem. For me though, as long as thy remain high quality, I'm okay with that.
    The shitty part is samsung is trending to a similar direction i think. Even just from a hardware perspective. I lament giving my daugther my note 3. Replaceable battery, swappable memory. The note 5 is sealed.through and through

Ive noticed that for people in creative fields, music, art, cinema they tend to swear by apple. Part of its ease of use but also because mac was the standard for alot of production work. The other platforms have come along way but people are locked in i guess.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-07-11 at 02:52 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

As someone who has a high end gaming rig and multiple Apple products. I don't really think Macs are as overpriced as people often parrot.

I prefer the Mac OS, I prefer the style and reliability of Macs, and I also prefer the user experience and ease of use of Macs. I have my gaming PC just to game and that's it, I'd rather do everything else on the Mac. If you actually were to price out similar builds, they aren't much different in price.

It's sort of like why people would pay $4 for a Starbucks coffee over a $3 Dunkin Donuts coffee.

Starbucks is better, the shop has a better atmosphere, and I have the money so I might as well. Dunkin Donuts is still good coffee, and gets the job done if there's no Starbucks around. But Starbucks is superior in style, consistency and quality. So it's worth the extra $.
    I recently switched from MAC to a Windows 10 machine. I wish I bought another MAC instead. And the Windows 10 machine didn't really end up being much cheaper either.

This post sort of highlights what people don't necessarily get about why Macs are so popular - user experience. It's easy to use. This makes and breaks a lot of products. Numbers and specs only matter on paper and to tech geeks. For the average user they just want the thing to do what they need it to do and stay out of their way. This is where iOS dominates.

I do admittedly like Windows 10 a lot, they've done a lot to catch up to OSX in this area. Android on the other hand is utter garbage UX wise.
    Ever since Android 6.0 and iOS 8 latter hold any meaningful advantage over Android anymore. Best Android UIs are more stable, work faster, have a lot more functionality. The only advantage iOS admittedly still holds is security factor, which stems from the innate of difference in approach: iOS is not an open source system.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Off-topic: please stop saying "Android vs iPhone", either say "Android vs iOS" or "[model] vs iPhone".

On-topic: who cares? As others have pointed out, other phone companies charge very high prices for their flagship phones too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Ever since Android 6.0 and iOS 8 latter hold any meaningful advantage over Android anymore. Best Android UIs are more stable, work faster, have a lot more functionality. The only advantage iOS admittedly still holds is security factor, which stems from the innate of difference in approach: iOS is not an open source system.
    How is Android more stable than iOS?

Man, I am glad I never joined the Cult of Apple.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I will definitely buy it, just like every other new iPhone.
    Why? Not insulting you; I'm an iPhone person myself and I like them, but I had my 4 for 3 years before I upgraded to the 6s, and only did so because my bank's app no longer supported 4. What's the appeal of getting a new one every time it drops? Seems like the new features are kind of meh, to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Finger recognition? As in finger print? If so, the 7 already does that, it wouldn't be a new addition. Unless you mean something else entirely.
    I was saying the i-7 hardly revolutionised anything over the i6 , and if they were to put this pircetag on the i8; it better have the functions and innovation to back up that pricetag

Surely the Apple brand has lost its hipster lustre by now.

No?

Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    They'll sell tons, because most people don't even know or care what their phone actually costs, they only see what their rate plan is per month.

The public seems enamored with singular devices that can do a lot of things, but none of them particularly well. *shrug*
    this is funny because at first I was like nobody's gonna buy that duh, but then I realize that the monthly payments with a data plan will only be around $200 a month and that's reasonable for the "best" so yah people will deff buy this.

My iPad mini 2 is by far the best bang for the buck I've ever got. I just love to use it every day. My iPhone cycles are more like 3 - 4 years and that's why I swallowed the pill of it beeing rather expensive. But they work and I like iOS... BUT 1200 for a new for seems to be like a wall to me I'wont climb. I would be totally fine with a Moto G but I feel more at home on iOS. I'll rather continue to use my iPhone 6 for another two years which would make four in total than spending this amount of $$...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    The sad part is the people who love to gargle Steve Jobs's nuts will definitely buy it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...aign=buffer-ti
    I'm definitely pre-ordering one of these.

Don't care about specs nor price. $1,200 is negligible.

Deleted
    I don't really get it. It seems like 80% of my friends and family between 20 and 60 own one of those. If you're an architect, a musician, want to or need to broadcast fashion, it's part of the dress code I guess, but hardly anybody uses the functionality that my 200€ Android lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    I don't really get it. It seems like 80% of my friends and family between 20 and 60 own one of those. If you're an architect, a musician, want to or need to broadcast fashion, it's part of the dress code I guess, but hardly anybody uses the functionality that my 200€ Android lacks.
    It doesnt have any of that functionality except for the camera which is present on $400 range Androids.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    Will still get one I guess, since I put them on my business name anyway.

Macbook also had a heft price increase btw, from 1300 to 1700 for the basic model.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    No ty, I'll stick to my S8. Had the iPhone 6+ and it was horrible. They essentially force you into using shit tier stuff like iTunes which I was not a fan of. Their OS is pretty amazing though, but other than that it's nothing special

Why the hell are people so desperate for these things?

But the OLED iPhone is going to be the one that Apple fans want, so if you have your heart set on one, it's time to start saving up.
    To state the obvious, if you have to save up for a given phone, you should almost certainly not buy that phone.

That said, producing "exclusive" luxury goods is just good marketing strategy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Some of it is marketing, but a lot of it is network effects. The main things that people who I know prefer about them is FaceTime, iTunes, gifs in texts, and tracking. I realize you can get equivalent functionality in an Android without too much effort, but many people don't really know how and can't be bothered to figure it out - these things are native on iPhones.

The other biggie among the nerdier sorts of folks I know is a preference for Apple's security protocols and software updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I recently switched from MAC to a Windows 10 machine. I wish I bought another MAC instead. And the Windows 10 machine didn't really end up being much cheaper either.
    That's the thing about it isn't it? People are comparing the baseline model of a Mac to the lowest end PC, but once you start equalizing the specs, you find the Mac is only slightly more expensive.

The only reason I have a PC at all is for gaming. Unfortunately I think that's always going to be the case because Apple always wants to put slim form GPUs in their machines for style purposes and I don't see a massive amount of devs trying to create things for OSX, and often because of the limited graphics hardware. Though if you play indie games - you might be surprised to find quite a few are playable on Mac as well.