Is there a video of Alpha's pulls on Kil'jaeden? I tried looking through the uploaded videos and don't see anything. I'm noob with twitch, tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Anyone know if guilds like Future do anything to keep morale up? They raid for so long and are constantly wiping, I imagine after awhile you probably couldn't be bothered to hit your keys. Would find that pretty interesting to learn about if they do anything specific. I like to imagine every player in a top tier guild has their own little technique for staying in the zone and staying motivated. Streaming probably helps for those that do.
    Sloot and Nagura have a very good motivation: Money. What i dont really get is the rest of the group (the non-streamers). But i guess for some of them its just being in a group with these "wow celebrities"...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Is there a video of Alpha's pulls on Kil'jaeden? I tried looking through the uploaded videos and don't see anything. I'm noob with twitch, tho.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/Uninterested...paghettiOSfrog

this is the "fixed" version that method/exorsus are fighting - and the result of their (rightful) twitter complaints. the prior interations of mythic KJ had +2 small Armageddon swirls to soak, the DoT from armageddon damage did +25% damage, the reflection adds had much more hp and the timers were supposedly messed up.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2017-07-11 at 11:05 AM.

Page:202

You are getting closer (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyriousx View Post
    Prediction: KJ down on page 296

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post

this is the "fixed" version that method/exorsus are fighting - and the result of their (rightful) twitter complaints. the prior interations of mythic KJ had +2 small Armageddon swirls to soak, the DoT from armageddon damage did +25% damage, the reflection adds had much more hp and the timers were supposedly messed up.
    I see that there are only 8 small soaks now in comparison to 10 in the leaked screenshot, so that fix makes sense. Where is information about other fixes coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    I see that there are only 8 small soaks now in comparison to 10 in the leaked screenshot, so that fix makes sense. Where is information about other fixes coming from?
    discord.

10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by casserole View Post
    Alpha's streamer (warrior) said that they'll continue streaming on KJ attempts; but if they start to get close and Method/Exorsus still has not killed it, they will stop streaming "out of respect for tradition".

He also mentioned that he'll be switching to ret for KJ.
    Can you give me a link to this stream?

Thanks! It certainly looks very messy, but I'm sure the video will be very fun to watch with the constant damage from Armageddons!
    I haven't done Kil'jaeden on heroic, so I'm not sure if the mechanic is there - but what's that explosion that wiped the raid? Spawned a swirly of the Kil'jaeden's trinket balls as well.
    (And hah, the healer dying, then got CR'd only to die in the same second!)

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Thanks! It certainly looks very messy, but I'm sure the video will be very fun to watch with the constant damage from Armageddons!
    I haven't done Kil'jaeden on heroic, so I'm not sure if the mechanic is there - but what's that explosion that wiped the raid? Spawned a swirly of the Kil'jaeden's trinket balls as well.
    (And hah, the healer dying, then got CR'd only to die in the same second!)
    Mythic only mechanic, whenever an add is killed whichever player spawned that add triggers a mechanic. DPS when it dies causes the player that spawned it to drop damage circles under them and shoot out those orbs. Tank one puts a heavy dot on the tank when it dies and when the dot is dispelled it AoE grips the whole raid to the tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Mythic only mechanic, whenever an add is killed whichever player spawned that add triggers a mechanic. DPS when it dies causes the player that spawned it to drop damage circles under them and shoot out those orbs. Tank one puts a heavy dot on the tank when it dies and when the dot is dispelled it AoE grips the whole raid to the tank.
    W-w-whaaaaat.

Deleted
    discord.

10char
    Pretty off topic, but the 10char habit seems so weird when you can also say something like 'from discord' and it would also improve your comment.

And it looks like the added mechanics make the fight a lot more interested than heroic - which is a bit bland compared to Heroic Gul'dan. Really looking forward to some crazy stuff in later phases.

Quote Originally Posted by godville View Post
    Can you give me a link to this stream?
    https://www.zhanqi.tv/topic/wowsg/124395

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    SO avatar WAS actually possible but KJ was actually impossible is what I've gathered from the thread. Remember when people said mathematically impossible?
    This is my issue with modern top guilds: in a sense, same thing happened in NH. They bring the obscene tuning upon themselves by min mixing so hard that everything is tuned so manically at the last bit. NH broke not top guilds, tomb breaking top guilds. I get that the boss was impossible, but I think that only happened because of min maxing.
    Wasn't avatar hotfixed twice before the kill? I remember hearing he took a 5% hp nerf an a 10% dmg reduction on the green swirlies.

Deleted

Where did you get all those infos? Can everyone get access to it, or it's "secret" to only a handfull of people?

Deleted
    Yo Method, where's that Avatar kill video at?

Quote Originally Posted by Draggosh View Post
    Where did you get all those infos? Can everyone get access to it, or it's "secret" to only a handfull of people?
    currently accessible by 1713 people, assuming 0 of these people are bots.

Although of course I can't understand a word of what he's saying in the Alpha Stream, it's probably the most entertaining stream, seeing this guy sitting nice and calm with a chance to a WF.

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    You being bad, doesn't change the fact, that bosses back then were WAY easier. The gearing and drops were hard (2 pieces for 25 people, etc), farming countless hours stupid attunement quests were slower, NOT HARDER, just slower. Bosses in vanilla had 2-3 mechanics AT MOST.
    Slower = requires more dedication = harder. At least that's my definition of hard in an RPG. This isn't some mechanical action game but this is an RPG. When I say getting exalted with the wintersabre trainers was hard in Vanilla I don't think I'm misusing the word 'hard' in this context. Farming is by definition a key part of any RPG, something that requires more farming makes something harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Slower = requires more dedication = harder. At least that's my definition of hard in an RPG. This isn't some mechanical action game but this is an RPG. When I say getting exalted with the wintersabre trainers was hard in Vanilla I don't think I'm misusing the word 'hard' in this context. Farming is by definition a key part of any RPG, something that requires more farming makes something harder.
    Depends of your definition of "hard" i guess. I Don't consider farming mobs/mats hard (unless the mobs are actually hard to kill), more like tedious or long..

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    sorry, before attunement was removed. There were a fuck load of 3/4 4/5 guilds heading into BT when you didn't have to kill Lady V or KT.
    You are aware that the black temple Attunement was only removed after sunwel was removed and that my guild that you called bad entered BT way before that.