View Poll Results: Should Blizzard introduce more LGBT characters?

Voters
311. This poll is closed
  • Yes

53 17.04%
  • No

258 82.96%
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Video games are an art form, not a public service paid for by taxes.

people like you give liberals a bad name.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What is "positive discrimination"?
    Positive Discrimination is what you are just doing, right now, in this thread. Forcefully spotlighting minorities just for the sake of attention is discrimination, just in the guise of inclusiveness and open-mindedness

7+ Year Old Account
    My question here is why is Blizzard fighting the trend of creating an universe where LGBT characters are a norm
    They are NOT the norm. Statistically, LGBT is roughly 1% of the population. I expect to see it in 1% of games. Totally sick of having it shoved into my face.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

but why???
    Why are there no gheys in Azeroth? That is a good question! Maybe they have evolved beyond that genetic mutation?

Maybe the writers for the game are so gay that they have to compensate for it by making sure there is no homosexuality in the game so they don't appear bias!

Also, maybe you couldn't even tell! I mean, two dudes making out is one thing, but trans? They don't exactly have the medical know how for that. If anything, Khadgar probably casts a spell, and it's so good they just look like women and you can't tell the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Come on now, this is not serious. What you're saying is not true. Let's start a list proving you you're wrong.
    You listed a few obscure cases that like I said earlier are not clear cut cases of LGBT characters. It's open to debate whether or not they're actually LGBT.

I could pull numbers out of my ass and tell you that 95% of players don't know about those characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Jeff?

A quick Google search gives you:
    Sentinel Sweetspring "grins at Sentinel Amberline across the camp, waggling her long eyebrows suggestively." This was one of the first hints of homosexuality in the game.

Female quilboar, as mentioned above in the non-canon Warcraft RPG, do sometimes take on a male life style - including female mates.

In the romance novel [A Steamy Romance Novel: Hot and Misty], it's implied Kama the Beast Tamer's life-mate is another female.

[A Steamy Romance Novel: Savage Passions] is about Marcus' romance with a male stablehand named Raven.
    The quest chain started by N [108] Cursed, But Convenient depicts two night elf enchantresses who were lovers before the War of the Ancients.

The quest Quest:Fevered Note depicts a female Bradensbrook Explorer who fell into illness after kissing a harpy.

In a small enchanting questline in Azsuna, the player reunites two former lovers (both females), Priestess Driana and Enchantress Ilanya.

The following examples may be the result of game mechanics, such as the random NPC generator or a joke, and thus not official lore representation of homosexuality:

In his retelling of the day Deathwing came (during the quest The Day that Deathwing Came: What Really Happened), Martek the Exiled is shown surrounded by numerous female admirers and a male admirer. Should Martek (the player) choose to save the male admirer, they share a "tender moment" upon his motorcycle just like they would if a female admirer was chosen, implying that Martek is bisexual, or that the listener assumed the blood elf admirer to be male.

Gender has little or no effect on interactions with most NPCs. For example, NPCs who react to emotes such as /kiss and /flirt will react the same towards male and female characters, and the Seduce ability is equally effective on male and female targets.

During the Feast of Winter Veil, inns generally have pairs of Winter Revelers standing under the mistletoe. Most inns have a male reveler and a female reveler, however Silvermoon City Inn has two male revelers.

Heather and Rhonda on the Wandering Isle are seen flirting. They are based on a real-life lesbian couple.

As found on wow.gamepedia

Deleted
    That's not how things work, that argument is pathetic.
    That's how things work. You do something and you do it like you want. And no one can argue about that. If you have a problem with it, it's your problem and you have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    They are NOT the norm. Statistically, LGBT is roughly 1% of the population. I expect to see it in 1% of games. Totally sick of having it shoved into my face.
    Actually, it's more like 10%

That potion exists allowing you to swap your gender.

Game is saved.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by JotunNL View Post
    A quick Google search gives you:
    Sentinel Sweetspring "grins at Sentinel Amberline across the camp, waggling her long eyebrows suggestively." This was one of the first hints of homosexuality in the game.

Female quilboar, as mentioned above in the non-canon Warcraft RPG, do sometimes take on a male life style - including female mates.

In the romance novel [A Steamy Romance Novel: Hot and Misty], it's implied Kama the Beast Tamer's life-mate is another female.

[A Steamy Romance Novel: Savage Passions] is about Marcus' romance with a male stablehand named Raven.
    The quest chain started by N [108] Cursed, But Convenient depicts two night elf enchantresses who were lovers before the War of the Ancients.

The quest Quest:Fevered Note depicts a female Bradensbrook Explorer who fell into illness after kissing a harpy.

In a small enchanting questline in Azsuna, the player reunites two former lovers (both females), Priestess Driana and Enchantress Ilanya.

The following examples may be the result of game mechanics, such as the random NPC generator or a joke, and thus not official lore representation of homosexuality:

In his retelling of the day Deathwing came (during the quest The Day that Deathwing Came: What Really Happened), Martek the Exiled is shown surrounded by numerous female admirers and a male admirer. Should Martek (the player) choose to save the male admirer, they share a "tender moment" upon his motorcycle just like they would if a female admirer was chosen, implying that Martek is bisexual, or that the listener assumed the blood elf admirer to be male.

Gender has little or no effect on interactions with most NPCs. For example, NPCs who react to emotes such as /kiss and /flirt will react the same towards male and female characters, and the Seduce ability is equally effective on male and female targets.

During the Feast of Winter Veil, inns generally have pairs of Winter Revelers standing under the mistletoe. Most inns have a male reveler and a female reveler, however Silvermoon City Inn has two male revelers.

Heather and Rhonda on the Wandering Isle are seen flirting. They are based on a real-life lesbian couple.

As found on wow.gamepedia
    Obscure characters. I wonder why Anduin can't be gay

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemorter View Post
    all blood elf males are gay
    Wish I could upvote this. Also, accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    people like you give liberals a bad name.
    I'm not a liberal, but thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Just because LGBT is "accepted" doesn't make it "a norm". Left handed people aren't a norm. They're also an under represented "class" in WoW. How many specs use their left hand without also using their right? I mean, COME ON BLIZZARD, QUIT SLIGHTING ME!

Also, you're obviously a troll.
    To the best of my knowledge, Rehgar Earthfury is the only left-handed character.

On topic: can't bring myself to respond to obvious bait...

Quote Originally Posted by Bitorez View Post
    Positive Discrimination is what you are just doing, right now, in this thread. Forcefully spotlighting minorities just for the sake of attention is discrimination, just in the guise of inclusiveness and open-mindedness
    I'm so sorry that a civilized discussion amounts to discrimination. Is breathing discrimination too?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    This is actually not true. Some very serious statistical studies say it's more likely to be around 3 to 5%. Some other studies (probably a bit too ambitious) states it's around 8-10%. Not willing to harass you or anything, I thought I'd just let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    That's how things work. You do something and you do it like you want. And no one can argue about that. If you have a problem with it, it's your problem and you have to deal with it.
    A company wants money, they aren't emo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    The couple at dragonblight/Driana and Enchantress Ilanya/Tholo And Anren/gilnean woman you save from harpies that was seduced by them... not to mention arthas and jaina never actually were a couple, so you could argue King Varian and Arthas were a thing as teenagers if you count jaina and him as a couple, as they had the same style of relationship.
    You giving me obscure characters. Effectively validating my point stated in the OP.

While I wouldn't mind more, they've been doing a decent job of implementing such characters over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    We don't need that kind of weird in WoW.
    Nowadays it's not weird to be gay.