Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I thought the latest tinfoil hat conspiracy was that the devs were trying to prune WoW down to the point where it could be played on console. Besides garrison, now order hall, missions I can't think of any tablet being able to handle WoW with any level of performance.

But I have to note that Vanilla WoW was more "optimised" for pen tablets than Legion.

Pen tablets don't have macro buttons like gaming mice, it might also be a bit uncomfortable to perform fast movements (rotation) w/ your camera/char, so current Mythic raiding is a no go. But in Vanilla you could easily be a high-end raider while being backpedalling keyboard-turning clicker, it's extremely common back in the day

> me sitting here wondering how they could fit a 30+ GB game on a smartphone
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Yeah, and even if they could you'd get single digit frames. I used the cell phone app to keep my garrison missions rolling, and if I forgot to place my characters next to the tables before I logged off for the day just moving them from somewhere else in my garrison to the table was work. Let alone doing anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Some specs of some smartphone:

MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM model
    microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual-SIM model
    Internal 64 GB, 4 GB RAM

Resolution 1440 x 2960 pixels (~570 ppi pixel density)

CPU Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz) - EMEA

Music play Up to 67 h (it would support up to 1-2h of WoW play for sure)

So the hardware wouldn't be a problem. I bet is even more advanced than your laptop.

Deleted
    You can level via the app, but the gains are not enough to be faster than conventional leveling and such to only use to the app (unless you want a 110 in like 9 months!)

BellularGaming did a video on utilising a tablet for aspects of WoW, but it was more removing the clutter when going through stuff.

Link to it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-DC_G7hX1o

EDIT: You can also do it on a gamepad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5K2NrSZvO4 (Bellular again)

Not really the question you were raising, but an interesting addition at least.
    Last edited by mmocf5062b794a; 2017-07-11 at 11:49 AM.

It's true you can level to 110 with the app I did for my hunter, but it took almost two patches to do so, and my other characters had to keep sending stuff so I could continue sending followers out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    You can level via the app, but the gains are not enough to be faster than conventional leveling and such to only use to the app (unless you want a 110 in like 9 months!)

BellularGaming did a video on utilising a tablet for aspects of WoW, but it was more removing the clutter when going through stuff.

Link to it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-DC_G7hX1o

EDIT: You can also do it on a gamepad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5K2NrSZvO4 (Bellular again)

Not really the question you were raising, but an interesting addition at least.
    Well I guess the future is now..

Quote Originally Posted by buckflizz View Post
    Well I can level my character to 110 only by using the Legion app. So your point is not valid, sorry. Also see my above answer to Mokoshne. Thanks.
    You claim you're not a troll yet constantly ignore people pointing out the flaws in your arguments. I'll say what many others before me have responded with: You don't get character XP from class hall missions in Legion.

I repeat.

YOU DON'T GET CHARACTER XP FROM CLASS HALL MISSIONS IN LEGION.

You can get XP for your followers, that's all. Now this should eliminate the point to continue this discussion further...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chr2 View Post
    You claim you're not a troll yet constantly ignore people pointing out the flaws in your arguments. I'll say what many others before me have responded with: You don't get character XP from class hall missions in Legion.

I repeat.

You can get XP for your followers, that's all. Now this should eliminate the point to continue this discussion further...
    Please stop replying if you are that idiot. I even put a link there, I know you didn't click it. YOU CAN GET XP FROM MISSIONS, i repeat YOU CAN GET XP FROM MISSIONS.

So please stop replying to me only to prove how smart you are...not.

I repeat.

You might wanna hop on a low level alt and check that again. You don't get exp from all of them, but you do get it from most of em when low level. Leveling through the companion app is a completely valid option, but it does take a while. I'm currently leveling an alt through it as we speak.

Also, not really sure what you mean by "what many others before me have responded with". You're literally the only one, everyone knows it gives exp. The OP is still a bad troll regardless, but I felt like correcting you, not defending him.

Deleted

I repeat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...missions_from/

It is a thing. I am leveling a BE DH with it. It 100% exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobor View Post
    Maybe you get character XP at WOD, but not in Legion.

That extra AP tokens are nice for holidays, but not replace in-game things.
    You do for Legion missions as well.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Yes, yes it is.
    Actually soon you can no longer play it on PC, so it will be smartphone game.
    Come on dude.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So after a long break I came back to our beloved game only to stumble upon this new Legion app. Out of curiosity I installed it and I saw some crazy stuff... You can level your character only from this app. Is this the beginning of a new era or is the grandmaster plan of our almighty talented, gifted and visionary game designer, Celestalon, finally catching contour ?

http://imgur.com/a/f6OsT

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...96586338418688
    no. you can just use the companion app to complete order hall missions/research stuff while you're not at your computer

not sure how people got on to Wacom display tablets. but anyways. no wow is not becoming a tablet/smart phone game. the amount of Player XP you can earn is about 2 quests worth with out heirlooms, per mission that rewards player XP, 4 maybe if you get the bonus, with out heirlooms and you usually only see 1 or 2 of those missions a day if at all.

The Legion app came about since people constantly asked for a way to manage work orders and missions WOD Garrisons. altho what I think people wanted was to be able to manage missions and such on alts while plain a main. which you can't do with the app since you can't be logged in to the main wow client at all

could you Level that way? sure.. in theory. but it would still require you to funnel order hall resources from a leveled toon via bloods to an "unleveled" toon.. and I say unleveled because you must be level 101 before you can do any missions. needless to say it wouldn't be practical at all. good for adding a few bits of XP between play sessions if your only playing that toon for an hour or 2 a week

the app is nothing more than a conveince.
    Last edited by shadofall; 2017-07-11 at 12:16 PM.

Celestalon is for sure a pariah on wow, as the fact he uses a pen tablet to play wow means he is a keyboard turner. But then again so are some people posting in this thread for sure.

Nice try, Celestalon.

Here, copy-pasted from Wacom's website: "Meet the Wacom family of Intuos pen tablets / Wacom's line of creative pen tablets include a range of choices for your creative interests"

From what I can understand, a tablet is still a tablet. So don't try to dismantle my question please. Thank you.
    What do you really want to fucking know? So you can play 1% of the game on a phone. Who the fuck cares. If you enjoy it then only play the game on a phone. I guess you can have your cock in one hand and the phone in the other and still play at 100%.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can level my character to 110 only by using the Legion app. So your point is not valid, sorry. Also see my above answer to Mokoshne. Thanks.
    No you can't mr smarty pants. You need order resources to do missions and you can't get those without playing the game. Again, your only agenda here is to rile people up. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tablets aren't powerful enough to run the current game. Maybe if it was Classic WoW.