View Poll Results: Should Blizzard introduce more LGBT characters?

Voters
311. This poll is closed
  • Yes

53 17.04%
  • No

258 82.96%
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard tend to really down play romance in WoW.

Arthus + Jaina

Thrall + Aggra

Illidan + Maiev (jokes but seriously we all know Maiev has a lady boner for a good Stormragin')

Tyrande + Malfurion

Mankrik + Mankrik's dead wife

Saurfang + Saurfang's dead wife

I'm sure im missing some, but as a someone who is probably representative of the general player base in terms of "lore knowledge" there are very few characters who have some element of romance in their story in general. As an advocate of equality, I do not agree that LGBT characters should be included just to "fill quotas" or satiate the average internet activist's appetite.

If blizzard came up with a really compelling story line, with two well developed characters and they decided to make them gay, it would be great. However, forcing the issue just for the sake of having gar characters is completely unneccessary, and opposite from being beneficial would just feel forced and obligatory.

Whilst I would love to see a story line with gay characters included, but it would need to be done for the right reasons, not just to appease an extremely vocal minority of a minority, who mandate they be "represented" for no reason other than attention seeking.

I think the underplayed romance elements of Warcraft have always been to the betterment of the games. World of Warcraft has always been waaay bigger than a male or female's love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Magally View Post
    Yes, much the same as all you t_d and 4chan users who think this tired meme is still funny.
    Oh it's not funny. It's pathetic. It's well passed time for you all to toughen up and stop that bleeding heart shit.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You're right. They should. I'm sorry I rushed to conclusions.
    I think many druids are vegetarian.

PS: On top of being gay as stated earlier, I also am a vegetarian, and the comparison really makes me laugh haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Give me my ~97 relevant straight characters.
    We can't measure which we don't know about. We can only measure that which we know. Thrall vs some random dragon

What's this obsessive compulsive need to throw sexuality at anything...? Retardedness in the hope for attention?

I don't care if they are gay straight bi, or identify as an Apache attack helicopter. Keep it to yourself, no need to seep it into everything. Who cares what someone else likes in their bedroom, it doesn't make you you. It's a part of you, granted, but its not a part you should bother others with, or other bother you with.

I never understood this. Leave people to be themselves, but don't feel the need to catalog everyone by gender and sexual preference. Same goes the other way too. Get lost with shouting it off the rooftops. I don't care about you, I definitely don't care about what you're into.

Go away with this kind of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Disingenuous how? Please explain. I think your claim that you are against LGBT characters is what is disingenuous.
    Believe me, I'm very against LGBT characters.

Classic Tikcol thread.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Normalization and fight against oppression must be made in real life, in the streets, and in the schools, educating our children into tolerance. World of Warcraft is not the place to throw your social fights.
    Btw we don't care about your sexuality, it's your private life. Let the rest of us worry about killing that big demon and got dem big lootz while you worry about the imaginary bed of some pixel non-existant creature.

Then you can't say there aren't lgbt characters.

Boom Thread Over.
    This is about representation, we have openly heterosexual major characters --> on the other hand we have obscure characters which hint at homosexuality

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkangle View Post
    What's this obsessive compulsive need to throw sexuality at anything...? Retardedness in the hope for attention?

I don't care if they are gay straight bi, or identify as an Apache attack helicopter. Keep it to yourself, no need to seep it into everything. Who cares what someone else likes in their bedroom, it doesn't make you you. It's a part of you, granted, but its not a part you should bother others with, or other bother you with.

I never understood this. Leave people to be themselves, but don't feel the need to catalog everyone by gender and sexual preference. Same goes the other way too. Get lost with shouting it off the rooftops. I don't care about you, I definitely don't care about what you're into.

Go away with this kind of crap.
    While I agree with you, I also understand that LGBT people and their community might feel not represented while playing WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nowadays, LGBT representation isn't an "issue" anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is that Blizzard writers don't think of lgbt characters to begin with. When the society around Blizzard supports lgbt characters.
    it IS an issue, to you... or you wouldn't have posted the thread, drop the backpeddling and just own up to what you are asking for.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT:Some of you got the wrong idea, I'm against LGBT characters. I just don't understand why Blizzard is against introducing them when the society around them is so friendly towards them
    The thing is: a person's sexuality is never their defining characteristic. So how does the media do to make sure the audience/players know that the character they're seeing on the theater/tv/monitor is indeed homosexual? By making it their defining characteristic.

As for your claim of 'non-existence': while progressing the Enchanting profession, you're sent to Aszuna, to the Court of Farondis. There, you meet Enchantress Ilanya, who tasks you with finding her missing apprentice, a priestess who has been turned into a satyr. After everything, the last quest involving those two NPCs has a line many skim by and not notice: "You have returned my love to me and for that I am forever grateful."
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Believe me, I'm very against LGBT characters.
    I'm kind of lost, if you're against LGBT characters, why making this thread?

Deleted
    I do not support SJW ideology. I'm just very curious as to why Blizzard doesn't support it in World of Warcraft when the norm is to accept it.
    Where is it the norm? In Orgrimmar, Stormwind or Sen'jin? Undercity maybe, I'm sure the Forsaken are all about the hot steamy sexy time, especially LGBT.

Oh and Blizzard already has LGBT characters in Overwatch where they focused pretty much on Tracer's sexuality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    Speaking as someone who falls into the definition of "LGBT" ... no, it's really not needed.

Warcraft keeps most of this stuff in the background anyway, even heterosexual stuff is largely skirted around.

There are a few subtle nods already in the game to "LGBT" characters and I think that's fine. There's no need to force equality or anything. If it fits a character's story sometime in the future, then great! But don't force it or rub it in anyone's face. It's not that kind of game.
    This person gets it.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

This is about representation, we have openly heterosexual major characters --> on the other hand we have obscure characters which hint at homosexuality

- - - Updated - - -

While I agree with you, I also understand that LGBT people and their community might feel not represented while playing WoW.
    Then you really don't agree with me. Look at what "representing" means in your context and to my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post

PS: On top of being gay as stated earlier, I also am a vegetarian, and the comparison really makes me laugh haha!
    You're a rare find !

Not mine. She likes all kinds of meat, but her favorite is eating other feral druids. She just loves the taste of p-you know what, I'm not gonna finish that joke.

On-topic, though.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

I'm kind of lost, if you're against LGBT characters, why making this thread?
    I've stated this countless times. Because It's very confusing for me why such a liberal company such as Blizzard doesn't introduce more diversity to their games. Especially LGBT characters are lacking

- - - Updated - - -

Then give me my straight characters.

Put up or shut up.
    Thrall and his wife??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh and Blizzard already has LGBT characters in Overwatch where they focused pretty much on Tracer's sexuality.
    Which backfired and hurt their sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    but why???
    The fact that you continue to argue FOR the group demonstrates that your 'edit' of your OP was a lie.