Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    They need to at least repeal the insurance mandate right now. The federal government can't legally require anyone to buy a product.
    That should be the easy thing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The problem is that they spent alot of telling people democrats are the devil. When the good senator from podunk shit hill midwest fly over state goes back to his base and says he worked with satan he gets primaried. Hell he may as well say he aborted a fetus.
    Based purely on town halls this year, health care might be the exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Based purely on town halls this year, health care might be the exception.
    My suspicion is that the base isnt showing up at those town halls. You may live in a red state by gerrymander but it doesnt actually mean most the people in it are die hard republicans. Senators have to legislate for the entire state not just the wing nuts who voted them into office by a slim majority or because propoganda machines dupe them.into voting against their economic interest.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    And yet "repeal without replace" has been resoundingly denied as an option. Here it is on FOX News a week ago. Granted, they could try to "line item" that part out, but we've spent many a page discussing why
    1) Everyone gets insurance
    2) Insurers can't refuse people with pre-existing conditions
    must be both, or neither.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    If both sides of the aisle can come together for something like this, it is a huge deal regardless of who's president. That'd be massive and I'd be cheering openly.

The fact that Trump would have zero percent to do with it would be icing on the cake, but hardly the important part.
    I could not agree more.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that they spent alot of telling people democrats are the devil. When the good senator from podunk shit hill midwest fly over state goes back to his base and says he worked with satan he gets primaried. Hell he may as well say he aborted a fetus.
    *Crowd goes dead silent* But the baby would have been born poor, not white and a democrat! I sent it to Jesus first to save it! *THE CROWD GOES WILD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Wouldn't have to yolo it if you lot would pay your taxes.
    But you did yolo, state budgets ARE going to be fucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Single Payer, why you handsome devil you, come over here.
    I think the federal government should just pay the entire bill of medicare and medicaid and maybe expand it more.

7+ Year Old Account
    So Congress shows itself once again to be made up of spineless cowards.

Oh it was so easy for the Republicans in Congress to stand up against Obamacare and win elections, but now that they are in power it's much harder to actually do something.

Pathetic.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Honestly, I don't believe this. I think Grassley has no interest in making it work because he is a piece of shit, not because he's worried about reelection.

They need to at least repeal the insurance mandate right now. The federal government can't legally require anyone to buy a product.
    It would also be nice if they couldn't exempt themselves from their own governance in any way.

Deleted
    And yet "repeal without replace" has been resoundingly denied as an option. Here it is on FOX News a week ago. Granted, they could try to "line item" that part out, but we've spent many a page discussing why
    1) Everyone gets insurance
    2) Insurers can't refuse people with pre-existing conditions
    must be both, or neither.
    People should just stop having pre-existing conditions, and it would all be fine.

It doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    But that would COST money, they're trying to CUT money, so they can afford tax cuts for the wealthy.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Cough...Medicare...Cough

Cough...Social Security...Cough

10+ Year Old Account
    He made his bed. He can damn well lie in it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Two things just happened.

One, the revised bill came back. There are basically no changes in Medicaid. That was one of the biggest "no" issues for the GOPs saying "no". The CBO score is coming out Monday, in theory.

Two, the Senate just pushed the August break back two weeks. That's admission that the revised bill won't pass, as far as I'm concerned.

Remember, in September, the current budget expires and they need a new one. Military, taxes, infrastructure, health care, budget. These things have to be done in a particular order, or the puzzle pieces don't fit. If September rolls around and they don't have a budget including the previous topics...those topics get kicked down the road to avoid a shutdown.

Just realised they're calling this edition the "Better Care Reconciliation Act". AHCA... BCRA... the name changes really aren't helping them stave off the inevitable labelling "Trumpcare".

Also, "Better Care Reconciliation Act"... trying to jam Trump's paper thin lie about the bill giving people "better" care into the same line as "reconciliation" to remind people of the excuse they're using to pass it with only 50 votes. Resulting in a complete gibberish sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Just realised they're calling this edition the "Better Care Reconciliation Act". AHCA... BCRA... the name changes really aren't helping them stave off the inevitable labelling "Trumpcare".

Also, "Better Care Reconciliation Act"... trying to jam Trump's paper thin lie about the bill giving people "better" care into the same line as "reconciliation" to remind people of the excuse they're using to pass it with only 50 votes. Resulting in a complete gibberish sentence.
    It's like adding FREEDOM to any bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or "Patriot".

Or "Patriot".
    From Patriot-, Freedom- to just Better-.

I never thought I'd say this but I feel like the Bush Administration was more eloquent. They at least managed to achieve "Orwellian".

I eagerly await the next iteration which presumably will begin with Beautiful- or Yuge-.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.