The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    When Star Citizen fails, I'll be sure to remember you MrAnderson. And you can count on that I'll shove it in your face.

At this point it's getting kinda funny. You guys call backers fanatics. Yet you, and others like you in this thread, have spent more time hating on this game than I have following it as a backer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    At this point it's getting kinda funny. You guys call backers fanatics. Yet you, and others like you in this thread, have spent more time hating on this game than I have following it as a backer.
    i am afraid irony is lost on these guys.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Fellow original backer here ($40 tier). As much as I want to play the game envisioned, I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch if it doesn't happen. My life isn't boring enough to get upset over 40 bucks potentially lost half a decade ago.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Fellow original backer here ($40 tier). As much as I want to play the game envisioned, I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch if it doesn't happen. My life isn't boring enough to get upset over 40 bucks potentially lost half a decade ago.
    I feel exactly the same. Hell I don't even remember the ship I got with my $40

At long last, now he is making his move back into Hollywood using his video game base. It explains all the focus on cinematic, motion capture and the A-list of expensive actors. Star Citizen is Chris' personal vengeance against Hollywood and the gaming industry because he doesn't answer to anybody this time(he's still salty about what happened with Freelancer). SC is just a tool for him to get that, he doesn't really care about the game, he just wants to be back in Hollywood making a name for himself.
    A vengeance against Hollywood? You must have forgotten that Wing Commander III and IV had a focus on cinematics and A-list actors already. The only difference with SC is that he's doing mo-cap and making it all in-game instead of FMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    A vengeance against Hollywood? You must have forgotten that Wing Commander III and IV had a focus on cinematics and A-list actors already. The only difference with SC is that he's doing mo-cap and making it all in-game instead of FMV.
    The Wing Commander movie tho...It pains me that David Suchet is in that nonsense -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    To be clear, I said "vengeance" because the Wing Commander movie bombed hard and they lost so much money. Chris managed to butcher his own lore and characters so it was well deserved.

Chris wants to direct again and prove himself with this insanely expensive lineup of A-list actors. Time will tell if he will make the same mistakes he did in his own movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's really amusing how people think they have the evidence to impugn the integrity of someone else based on speculation. you are not Chris, you do not know what his finances are/were before and after the movies he made or before and during the development of SC/SQ42, so stop acting as though you are presenting facts and be honest and describe them as they really are, your own speculation based on your own personal bias.

On Topic: "Tumbril" is the keyword either to describe what the next ground vehicle will be like or just the name of the next ground vehicle or maybe both.

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    it's really amusing how people think they have the evidence to impugn the integrity of someone else based on speculation. you are not Chris, you do not know what his finances are/were before and after the movies he made or before and during the development of SC/SQ42, so stop acting as though you are presenting facts and be honest and describe them as they really are, your own speculation based on your own personal bias.

On Topic: "Tumbril" is the keyword either to describe what the next ground vehicle will be like or just the name of the next ground vehicle or maybe both.
    All I'm doing is arguing against the SC-backer argument that Chris somehow was a huge millionaire before SC and that he's only doing this out of the good of his heart and yadda yadda.
    Your camp makes the oppositie argument of what you complained about. So is it a double-standard, or do you claim the same thing about their argument?

All I'm doing is arguing against the SC-backer argument that Chris somehow was a huge millionaire before SC and that he's only doing this out of the good of his heart and yadda yadda.
    Your camp makes the oppositie argument of what you complained about. So is it a double-standard, or do you claim the same thing about their argument?
    all the evidence from selling his first company and earning around 100 million dollars in the film industry proves he was a multi millonaire before SC, it may of only been around 5 million or it could of been double figures, fact is if your film company makes around 100 million at least in profit over 5 years then your going to have at least a few million in the bank in any case, and we don't even know how much he made from selling his first company.

Until you can prove 100% of his finances then with all the data available it proves most likely he was a multi millionaire at least after his film career came to a stop.

In any case it doesn't matter at all how much money he has, you can clearly see how passionate he is about making this game and it's obvious that no one is ever in it for just the pleasure, he cares about the game he is building, just look at ever minute detail being put in the game, he is creating a complete experience not just a half assed game with the basics.

To be clear, I said "vengeance" because the Wing Commander movie bombed hard and they lost so much money. Chris managed to butcher his own lore and characters so it was well deserved.

Chris wants to direct again and prove himself with this insanely expensive lineup of A-list actors. Time will tell if he will make the same mistakes he did in his own movie.
    The only film he was actually director was Wing commander which was his first film, he was only producer or and executive producer on all other films. The film was ok but most likely due to inexperence was not written and directed great.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2017-07-11 at 08:07 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    bruh, idk if English is not your first language or what, but stop with this bullshit. nowhere in my statement did i say people who refute your accusation have evidence, no where in my statement did i even imply their point of view. so stop creating Strawman arguments! also when you are presenting an argument about the finances of someone, since YOU brought up Chris' wealth, the onus is on YOU to provide the evidence, NOT the people arguing to the contrary! i mean seriously did you not learn about logic and reasoning in school, or even how to construct and argument, maybe even debate? smh!

10+ Year Old Account
    bruh, idk if English is not your first language or what, but stop with this bullshit. nowhere in my statement did i say people who refute your accusation have evidence, no where in my statement did i even imply their point of view. so stop creating Strawman arguments! also when you are presenting an argument about the finances of someone, since YOU brought up Chris' wealth, the onus is on YOU to provide the evidence, NOT the people arguing to the contrary! i mean seriously did you not learn about logic and reasoning in school, or even how to construct and argument, maybe even debate? smh!
    TBF, I brought it up, noted my correction, but yeah, he still has his hard on about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    TBF, I brought it up, noted my correction, but yeah, he still has his hard on about it.
    that doesn't matter though, he quoted me as having said it. hence why i was wondering if English was his first language or not. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    all the evidence from selling his first company and earning around 100 million dollars in the film industry proves he was a multi millonaire before SC, it may of only been around 5 million or it could of been double figures, fact is if your film company makes around 100 million at least in profit over 5 years then your going to have at least a few million in the bank in any case, and we don't even know how much he made from selling his first company.

Until you can prove 100% of his finances then with all the data available it proves most likely he was a multi millionaire at least after his film career came to a stop.

In any case it doesn't matter at all how much money he has, you can clearly see how passionate he is about making this game and it's obvious that no one is ever in it for just the pleasure, he cares about the game he is building, just look at ever minute detail being put in the game, he is creating a complete experience not just a half assed game with the basics.

The only film he was actually director was Wing commander which was his first film, he was only producer or and executive producer on all other films. The film was ok but most likely due to inexperence was not written and directed great.
    I'm curious, what part about the movie did you like to call it "ok"?

Almost everything in the movie was wrong. The characters were miscast, they didn't have the correct accents and were swapped in some places.

The Pilgrims never existed before, it was something just made up entirely on the spot.

Then there were many issues with the way things were presented. A ship moving off a platform and then falling "down" in space, as if there's gravity. Using radar that pings like sonar when that doesn't work in vacuum. Chris never bothered to explain any of these things, so the movie simply was garbage. It's not even close to the games in terms of lore or even characters.
    That Chris manager to screw all this up in his own movie is a huge warning sign.

The only good part about seeing the movie back in the day was that it was the first movie to have the Star Wars trailer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I do, because you guys love to make claims so I just try to discredit them. At no point did I say that I have empirical evidence that he was poor, I am just pointing to the incidents that speak against him having that kind of wealth left.

Do you even read the topics you comment on, or are you just full of rage that you can't control and just assume things and try to pin them on me?
    Because that's exactly what you just did.

I asked you a direct question and you still didn't answer it among your rage. Proves my point, really. Double standard it is, then.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2017-07-12 at 02:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you even read the topics you comment on, or are you just full of rage that you can't control and just assume things and try to pin them on me?
    Because that's exactly what you just did.

I asked you a direct question and you still didn't answer it among your rage. Proves my point, really. Double standard it is, then.
    haha, wow irony is definitely lost on you and you really do not know anything about context. /sigh

you quoted me and then started asking me about double standards when it was totally unrelated to what i said. so why did you even quote me if you are not going to address what i talked about in my statement. please formulate better arguments, know what you are arguing about, respond to the appropriate person and get your facts right before you type, not only for us but for yourself so you don't come across as highly ignorant, biased and laughable. thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, because you guys love to make claims so I just try to discredit them. At no point did I say that I have empirical evidence that he was poor, I am just pointing to the incidents that speak against him having that kind of wealth left.
    Yeah, you try to discredit a non-point and the entire point of this conversation is lost upon you. I don't even know why I'm wasting any of my time responding to you because you're not even worth a nanosecond of my patience.

And in case you need it spelled out for you. Yes, my note was wrong at first. Get the fuck over it. The entire point of my post was to show the lack of common sense in regards of funneling money out of a risky project, which apparently you are lacking (common sense, that is).
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2017-07-12 at 04:48 AM.

Deleted
    So is 3.0 delayed beyond 2017-08-21 or what? Can't find anything on the schedule report, yet there are so many threads about yet another delay. Anything official from CIG?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    So is 3.0 delayed beyond 2017-08-21 or what? Can't find anything on the schedule report, yet there are so many threads about yet another delay. Anything official from CIG?
    It's hard to keep track anymore... I'm usually seeing at least 1 post a day about it being delayed.

Looks like the last schedule update was 4 days ago (with a german translation posted yesterday).

Current Estimation seems to be as follows:
    Evocati PTU : 2017-07-20 to 2017-08-03
    General PTU : 2017-08-07 to 2017-08-18
    Live : 2017-08-21 to 2017-08-25

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    i use THIS to track the schedule progress.

Deleted
    Thanks guys, those sites really are better at keeping track of the schedule then the one from CIG. With those pretty bars even I can understand it know :-).