View Poll Results: Should Blizzard introduce more LGBT characters?

Voters
311. This poll is closed
  • Yes

53 17.04%
  • No

258 82.96%
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Yeah, all the kids in FF14 were born from Cabbages I guess?
    Stork deliveries.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    My question here is why is Blizzard fighting the trend of creating an universe where LGBT characters are a norm
    I wouldn't call 3.8% of the population (in the US) a "norm". Why are you discriminating about the "Q"? LGBT"Q" is the way now. You are so repressive and backwards and need to get out of the dark ages of repressing those that are still in the "Q" phase.

You need to be dragged into the streets and covered in rainbows till you get with the program!!!!

Why does everything have to have something to do with where you put your pecker or don't? Or what you stick up your hoohaw or don't?

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    I don't even know what I was expecting from MMO-C, this thread went down exactly as expected.

All I'm gonna say is, I would love to have more LGBT representation in WoW (I'm LGBT myself) but I don't feel most of the playerbase is mature enough to deal with it without a ton of backlash. For now, I guess I'll just stick to Bioware games.
    Did you really mean that or is the negated part accidental? The thing is, most non-"LGBT" people are annoyed that most "LGBT" people think they are entitled to representation and victimhood. I can assure you most "normal" people would not give two shits with who we like to share the sheets with

Edit: forgot some word <.<
    Last edited by Bitorez; 2017-07-11 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Also, the main character of the Steamy Romance Novels is bisexual, confirmed in A Steamy Romance Novel: Savage Passions. Raven is also the stable master in Lunarfall, and is apparently a gay man
    Omg I didn't know he was in game! That's sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    What retreat are you talking about exactly?

It is my opinion that Blizzard shouldn't introduce LGBT characters. I also find it very confusing that such a liberal company wouldn't introduce them
    if you believe they should NOT then why does this thread exist? No, seriously. Why does this thread exist.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    if you believe they should NOT then why does this thread exist? No, seriously. Why does this thread exist.
    Because he's a known troll and just wants people to take the bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think anyone would have a problem is Anduin was gay lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I'm gay. Been playing this game since vanilla. I have never, ever, thought anything about missing LGBTIQ characters in the game, because it's just a game, for fun, for relax, for disconnecting from real world... etc. Been gay is hard enough, even in countries like mine, Spain, where we became the second country in the world to get LGBTIQ marriage and rights, to also bring the same problematic to a game, I don't have patience to fight and discuss the same issues over and over again and again also when I'm trying to play a game.

If Blizzard wants to add LGBTIQ characters to the game? They're welcome. Do I wish them? Couldn't care less.

It is about no one cares if someone is gay or straight. It seems talking about your sexual status has to be everyone else business except keeping it to yourself. We dont need representation of every little thing in the real world in a Fantasy game. The point is super majority of the WoW player base doesn't cares about a characters sexual identity. Forcing these views in the game would face a backlash. Ask Marvel Comics how the diversification of their established comic book characters have done for their sales. The answer is, not good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Wration the last black dragon or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Your number? Your number is 0

ZERO relevant characters
    How many relevant characters would satisfy you? What qualifies as 'relevant'? You said that Tracer was a disaster, are you advocating that Blizzard repeat that disaster (your words, not mine)?

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    It is about no one cares if someone is gay or straight. It seems talking about your sexual status has to be everyone else business except keeping it to yourself. We dont need representation of every little thing in the real world in a Fantasy game. The point is super majority of the WoW player base doesn't cares about a characters sexual identity. Forcing these views in the game would face a backlash. Ask Marvel Comics how the diversification of their established comic book characters have done for their sales. The answer is, not good.
    This, hit the nail on the head

Slow day? Nothing to talk about? Right, let's make a bait thread then.

The answer is no.

The thread is best closed as soon as possible, because it will do nothing except provoke some people into bans.

I would prefer to not see them

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    I'm gay. Been playing this game since vanilla. I have never, ever, thought anything about missing LGBTIQ characters in the game, because it's just a game, for fun, for relax, for disconnecting from real world... etc. Been gay is hard enough, even in countries like mine, Spain, where we became the second country in the world to get LGBTIQ marriage and rights, to also bring the same problematic to a game, I don't have patience to fight and discuss the same issues over and over again and again also when I'm trying to play a game.

If Blizzard wants to add LGBTIQ characters to the game? They're welcome. Do I wish them? Couldn't care less.
    THIS exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe me, I'm very against LGBT characters.
    Then you posted this thread to bait people to see how many you could get infracted. And no, I dont believe you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I'm kind of lost, if you're against LGBT characters, why making this thread?
    That is a good question, and you aren't going to get a straight answer from him.

- - - Updated - - -

I've stated this countless times. Because It's very confusing for me why such a liberal company such as Blizzard doesn't introduce more diversity to their games. Especially LGBT characters are lacking

- - - Updated - - -

Thrall and his wife??

- - - Updated - - -

Which backfired and hurt their sales.
    So are you trying to goad Blizzard into hurting their sales, is THAT your goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post

I generally feel the same way as a gay man myself. With the list I made earlier in this thread, I look at those characters and think "Oh, cool" and then move on.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    That is a good question, and you aren't going to get a straight answer from him.
    Haha I kind of guessed that, the guy just said he didn't like me because even if I didn't like the idea of LGBT characters being forced into the game for the sake of it, I wouldn't miss an opportunity to say that I'm gay when really, I just stated it to prove that yes, some (if not many) gay players don't care that much about this representation pseudo-issue. Anyway, I don't think this thread is gonna go anywhere good, can we expect it to be closed anytime soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    LGBT people are people just like me. I do not support any kind of discrimination. Just don't tell me that talking about them is being discriminatory
    Does your sexual preference define you as a person? Yes or No? If you say No, then why are you doing it to them? are you a closeted homophobe?

- - - Updated - - -

There's something I dislike about you. You come here telling us that WoW is fine without LGBT characters and that they don't have to scream to your face that they're homosexual.

Then, you don't lose an opportunity to tell us you're gay.
    You started the thread, if you dont want people responding in it you probably shouldn't have posted it and kept your virtue signalling to yourself.

I'm not casting a vote on that poll because I don't really care either way, though I'm leaning toward 'no', in the sense of adding representation for representation's sake and making characters defined by their sexuality is not something I want in my books/games/movies/comics.

Deleted
    EDIT:Some of you got the wrong idea, I'm against LGBT characters. I just don't understand why Blizzard is against introducing them when the society around them is so friendly towards them
    Blizzard isn't against LGTB, in fact, Tracer (overwatch hero) is lesbian/bi (is not written anywhere but she appears kissing who seems to be her gf). It simply hasn't place in wow. There are few (really few) signs of sex/relationship in the game apart from the obvious mother-father (unavoidable if you want to begin characters as arthas/thrall/anduin).