View Poll Results: Should Blizzard introduce more LGBT characters?

Voters
311. This poll is closed
  • Yes

53 17.04%
  • No

258 82.96%
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Very few characters have an identified sexuality, period.

Chances are there are several gay characters who you simply don't know are gay. And honestly they don't need to go out of their way to make you know they're gay, the story is fine as it is without shoehorning in "representation". It's more of a disservice to LGBT to make it a checklist that creators need to tally off to make a "politically correct" game.
    So why is Thrall, such a major character represented as a heterosexual individual while there are only very obscure, minor characters that display hints of homosexuality?

Blizzard either does it or doesn't do it. I'm happy with the outcome, I just can't understand why they're so half-assed about this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I dont think anyone would have a problem is Anduin was gay lol
    Pretty sure many people were on board with shipping Wrathion and Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Are you confusing the act of sex, with sexual preference? That Thrall and Aggra gets married clearly demonstrates a preference, without having to mention anything physical.
    I understand this, and I wouldn't have written anything if the person I replied to wrote "well, Thrall married Aggra, so we know what his sexual preferences are". Instead he assumed an offended pose exclaiming "then why do I have to get through an entire questchain of thrall sexual preferences?" multiple times. I asked what specifically he is referring to and apparently he is offended at Elemental Bonds. This is just so much exaggeration, the forum software might just explode in outrage. (Although I am pretty sure that's just trolling.) That's all.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-07-11 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    How many characters are there in WoW that are announced as straight/hetero? Just curious? I can't think of a single quest where the character says "Greetings adventurer, I'm Steve the leader of the town guard. Also, I am a hetero, CIS-gender white male. Can you do me a favor and kill some kobolds?"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure nothing like that is in the game.

I'm not sure why the LGBT community is always clamoring on about equality, yet at every turn they want to be in the spotlight and specifically mentioned and/or celebrated.
    Thrall, happily married straight orc with a child

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    So why is Thrall, such a major character represented as a heterosexual individual while there are only very obscure, minor characters that display hints of homosexuality?

Blizzard either does it or doesn't do it. I'm happy with the outcome, I just can't understand why they're so half-assed about this
    Because it was relevant to the story and he's an important lore character.

There's no being "half-assed" about representation. Games don't need representation when there are so few examples of sexuality to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Pretty sure many people were on board with shipping Wrathion and Anduin.
    There's a problem with that though. isn't wrathion the last of the black dragonflight?

Deleted

What does it matter whether they're major or minor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    If you had read my other posts you would known that the example was provided only to descredit people that purposely ignore the fact we have straight relationship while they go all in arms when there is talk of adding gay ones. that's what it is.
    IF the OP is to be believed then he is the only one that has stated an opposition to LGBT characters, pretty much everyone else has a DGAF attitude about it

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Because it was relevant to the story and he's an important lore character.

There's no being "half-assed" about representation. Games don't need representation when there are so few examples of sexuality to begin with.
    How was getting married and having a child relevant to the story?

Deleted
    Thrall, happily married straight orc with a child
    I like how for some it apparently is "having a whole quest about Thrall's sexual preferences", as if you played Jenkins holding the chandelier for the warchiefly couple while they make sure Alexie has a good reason to pat Aggra on the belly

Oh and thanks for openly identifying a sockpuppet

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a problem with that though. isn't wrathion the last of the black dragonflight?
    Why is that a problem? Dragons can't reproduce anyways so it's not like he could save his flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I'm a wow nerd and I've never heard about those characters. I'm sure you realize that even the most casual players have knowledge about thrall

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Why is that a problem? Dragons can't reproduce anyways so it's not like he could save his flight.
    DRAGONS CAN'T REPRODUCE?

Sorry, I'm genuinely very lacking on the lore front. Could you explain to me how they "happen"?

Ebonhorn will continue the flight. Wrathion is about a millenium early for kids anyway.

Deleted
    I'm a wow nerd and I've never heard about those characters. I'm sure you realize that even the most casual players have knowledge about thrall
    That doesn't answer my question at all. So try again:

It's not important in fantasy. Keep it out of the discussion.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

You misunderstand my stance

Go back to Goldshire Moonguard

WTF am i reading......

Op you are absolutely fishing for random flames here.
    GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Could somebody remind me again why we needed to "represent" "LGBT" or whatever else?

I wish people would get over their complexes and stop self-staging so much. It's so tiresome. Bunch of self-centered assholes who act as if they carried the weight of the world on their shoulders, but in reality they only crave attention.
    This x 1000

Deleted
    DRAGONS CAN'T REPRODUCE?

Sorry, I'm genuinely very lacking on the lore front. Could you explain to me how they "happen"?
    Normally I would say something along the lines of "well, dear, when a mommy dragon and a daddy dragon likes each other very much, they make an egg and baby dragons come from those eggs", but since you don't know the lore behind it, I'm guessing that's why you don't know the characters that ARE represented as gay or bi or whatever ingame. So not gonna bother explain the real thing to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    That doesn't answer my question at all. So try again:

Representation. It all comes back to representation. Nobody feels represented by a character they don't know about