View Poll Results: Should Blizzard introduce more LGBT characters?

Voters
311. This poll is closed
  • Yes

53 17.04%
  • No

258 82.96%
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're lying or a troll. SjW agendas can get the fuck out of games. It killed Mass Effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I've come to an amazing realization about the representation of the LGBT community in game. It's non-existent
    Well, tough, can't be everywhere. Nor should it be. I respect many people within such community, and I don't think it should be forced on others just because some suddenly realize, it isn't there.

But why is that? For the most part we all live in a liberal societies where people that oppose homosexuality are branded as homophobic buffoons, they're banned from public places of discussion based on that. Laws are being written everyday that further legalize homosexuality and derivatives. Nowadays the norm is to be open about your sexuality, gender identity is a thing and not frowned upon. It's basically the new norm
    No, it isn't a new norm, it is a new acceptance. We all have to have room for each other, we shouldn't force/push room for everyone though.

Why is Blizzard so against creating characters that represent the LGBT community? I've searched a little bit and there are a few minor, obscure characters that hint at being homosexual, but they never openly admit it. So it's just open to interpretation.
    Who say they are against it? I mean, if there is no general need to highlight it, then why is it being against it? You want a quest to openly proclaim it?

You see it everywhere, movies changing actors to accommodate non-racist thoughts, main characters changing genders and race for the sake of racial and gender diversity. But not in World of Warcraft.
    We see it in movies, yes. And many of them sadly have turned out bad, where they have changed characters that weren't meant to. It shouldn't be forcefully changed, if it is to be in the world, then it'll appear when it does. Shouldn't be put them where a huge bilboard, announcing their sexuality, as some people seem to believe is needed in the game. Really, I would find that a bit insulting that people try to push for my choices to be an announcement.

I believe it to be a stance Blizzard is making, which is a dangerous stance to make in today's age where contrary opinions are branded as offensive as a way to silence them.
    It isn't a stance, look at Overwatch, end chapter.

Do you believe Blizzard should pay more attention to the LGBT community which feels oppressed and not represented in their favorite fantasy game ? Or are things fine as they are?
    Look at Overwatch. And no, it shouldn't be advertised as you make it to be. They can pay all the attention they want but it wouldn't make sense for NPC D telling you she has a relationship with NPC J across the zone, for it doesn't fit in. Now, as I said earlier, the only way for it to fit without being a huge highlight (as I said, an insult), is for them to show it either by idle animated talk, or a quest telling you to give/pick up/bring something from D to J.

EDIT:Some of you got the wrong idea, I'm against LGBT characters. I just don't understand why Blizzard is against introducing them when the society around them is so friendly towards them
    If you are against it, then howcome you sound like you wish to do it worse. Instead of adding them, you sound like you wish to advertise them. And again, Overwatch.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Let this be the post that cements the notion that you're a troll.
    Why's that? First you have to define what is normal.

In my view, normal changes with culture and time

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I didn't know epic zinger was a term. I'm working on what seems to be what you think. The video just works to hammer home my point that if someone wants to do that, they can do that and it's not up to you to decide it. Of course, you're also free to express your discomfort and dislike about overt sexuality.
    Says you? Plenty of people do and they've got their own communities nowadays, as you should be well aware of. If that's what they want, then what does it matter to either of us? If you don't like something, don't seek it out, just avoid it.
    The sexual orientation is part of one's private life. If you want to make it public, fine. But don't expect people to not react in a weird manner if you do so. Do you see a "Straight parade"? A "door knob fetish parade"? BDSM one? Foot fetish one? You don't, right?

And why is that? Because any tastes are their own concerns.
    The Gay parade was designed to make population conscious that homosexual people existed. Now that its objective has been achieved, it's nothing more than attention seeking: "look at me! I'm special!".
    The worst part of this is that these people don't realise they're branding themselves. Just like the nazis did with the jews by putting the Star of David in their arms, but voluntarily.
    They claim for equality but at the same time they're making themselves special.
    Last edited by Insofin; 2017-07-11 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Why's that? First you have to define what is normal.

In my view, normal changes with culture and time
    Just want to reiterate that you think people being killed for something they can't control is normal. Nice...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    If that's what it means to someone and if that's what someone wants to do. And that's the fault of the media.
    How is that a bad thing though? Why not parade it? Because it offends you? How about this:
    I forgot about this but it's so perfect here!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Yes, we could also go full circle and say he didn't find his sexual identity yet. That's not the point.
    You are deflecting. You made the assumption that he was straight based on a wife and kid. Plenty of married men with kids actively seek same sex relations on the side as well.
    We don't know, so it's stupid to assume anything.

Maybe there are thousands? Do we need a blue post for every npc announcing their sexual orientation?

Maybe Blizzard is also advocating such things as death and slavery if we want to start taking things from >>A GAME<< as indications to their moral compass.
    Last edited by Trickname; 2017-07-11 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, tough, can't be everywhere. Nor should it be. I respect many people within such community, and I don't think it should be forced on others just because some suddenly realize, it isn't there.
    Great arguments you brought us. Thanks for your contribution. I agree with 90% of them.

I can't agree with the Overwatch this, Overwatch that. Overwatch is a great game. The only backlash it ever only received was about Tracer and her ass and sexuality

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The nazis were also committing genocide within the boundaries of their law so you are saying its ok? Are you even serious?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

plus, it's very dangerous to talk about those ideologies here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Just want to reiterate that you think people being killed for something they can't control is normal. Nice...
    There are no absolutes in the world we live in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMeo View Post
    I've seen your posts and I often agree with you, even if I just lurk, but this time I gotta disagree :V

Romance/romantic feelings/crushes/whatever play important part to many character's background motivations -- you have major relevant romances from Illidan/Tyrande/Malfurion thing to something more minor (in grand plot relevance) but very memorable like Mankrik crusading for his dead wife. Like 10 billion major lore dudes have had crush on Jaina and it has motivated them, for better or for worse. Getting a ("""traditional""") family was a Big Deal for Thrall -- during Cata there was a whole questline for solving his self-esteem issues so he could be happily with Aggra. Since Nathanos' short story, even he and Sylvanas have gotten in on subtle romantic motivation.

I agree that Blizzard isn't LGBT-phobic (the mascot for their Overwatch series is a confirmed lesbian! and they have promised more LGBT characters in the future!) but I just... if Mankrik can be KNOWN for wanting to slaughter all quilboars ever for his wife, why can't there be like, I dunno, honorable paladin who wants to protect Azeroth for his boyfriend, treated with same kind of casual touch?

I'm GLAD they have already included minor LGBT characters (confirmed lesbians, and Marcus swings both ways if "Savage Passions" is anything to go by, and some NPCs flirt with EVERYONE regardless of gender) but I would also be really happy to see something a bit... less minor? So many people say that the sexual orientation of a character isn't important, but the moment that characters anything but straight it's seen as bad and pandering SJWs :V
    My point is I wouldn't mind seeing lgbt characters, but I don't see it as a strict necessity like the OP seems to do. If OP said he'd like to see more lgbt because it would add to the story, that would be fine. But he calls in question liberal societies, assuming that Blizzard is against lgbt, and moving them accusation, which stems a whole different series of comments and reactions (as it has).

Quote Originally Posted by Insofin View Post
    But until that happens, talking about orientations is extra, not needed, useless, uncalled for information.
    See I just fundamentally disagree, because I don't reject any information that helps shape a well rounded character. Anduin's left handed? Cool. Anduin likes men? Cool. Anduin enjoys horse riding? Cool. Things and information that help shape Anduin into a fully fleshed character, someone who is believable as a person. That's good story telling.

Focusing too heavily on the 'War' leads to one dimensional characters, like what Garrosh ended up being. Frankly, that's not interesting. There's no reason you can't have excellent plots and indepth characters within games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    See I just fundamentally disagree, because I don't reject any information that helps shape a well rounded character. Anduin's left handed? Cool. Anduin likes men? Cool. Anduin enjoys horse riding? Cool. Things and information that help shape Anduin into a fully fleshed character, someone who is believable as a person. That's good story telling.

Focusing too heavily on the 'War' leads to one dimensional characters, like what Garrosh ended up being. Frankly, that's not interesting. There's no reason you can't have excellent plots and indepth characters within games.
    Somehow I don't see Anduin becoming a raid boss over his possible preference for men. Or maybe I just underestimate Stormwind customs and culture.

Deleted
    While veganism is a healthy diet
    Lol, no its not - kids shouldnt grow up being forced to be vegan. stop spreading your sjw bs.

I fail to see how it equates to the representation of lgbt people
    WoW is a VIRTUAL FANTASY game. No need to put the real world in there you lil sjw.

You can be a trans-gender single person
    No you are either male or female. You can CLAIM to identify as an apache helicopter but the truth is your still just male or female.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Somehow I don't see Anduin becoming a raid boss over his possible preference for men. Or maybe I just underestimate Stormwind customs and culture.
    That's missing the point entirely. Garrosh, as a character, become quite one dimensional. We as players only really see the war hungry side of him from MoP onwards, which reduces his depth and how believable he is as a person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but it's called a minority for a reason.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    I've come to an amazing realization about the representation of the LGBT community in game. It's non-existent
    So what? It's bad business to make content for only 2% of the population.

Besides, there are those lesbian night elves in Dragonblight.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Sorry but you don't get to define the agenda with me. You said where gay people are executed it happens within the boundaries of the law. So Im only just explaining that every cunt can make a law does this make it legal? If yes then I see no difference between the blind stupidity of the average nazi german and you.

And yeah that theory rises a lot because the internet is full of fascist cunts. So no surprise there. And they all hide behind shit like "oh its the law". I ve seen amoebas with more personality.
    It's true. In the world we live in, if enough people support it, you could and you had countries throughout history where it was normal to belittle, torture, enslave people. It was normal. Nowadays it isn't but that doesn't even mean that it won't become normal again.

It's the sad reality of the world.

No.

Tokenism is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post

As has been said a hundred times - if it flows naturally, fine. But the vast majority of the time open non-traditional orientation is there just because it gets clicks / attention / sales through controversy. Three hundred lines of plot followed by "BTW, I am gay", that level. Nearly all cases where modern games talk about the subject it happens like this. And after some time this just gets tiring. It got to the level where the moment you see a game mentioning the subject you think "OMG, not again, would you idiots shut up and stop trying to play the angle already".

Deleted
    So, about the poll... more lesbian night elves? I'm perfectly fine with that. Lesbian tauren? Euuughghghh... no ty.