Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Still speaking for everyone eh? Sorry, having a tier set in Vanilla and TBC when content was current did nothing for me. It was just a means to an end of downing bosses and progressing with my guild.
    Right....you were not happy that you looked awesomer than 50% of the entire playerbase.

You walked around people dressed as clowns in major cities and you were like, "whatever, i don't feel acomplished in any way or form"
    You were better than everyone else, still, you are so humble and a saint that you didn't notice how awesome you looked.
    You sir are a saint, we better call the Pope and ask for permission to deem you a saint of Azeroth.

(i'm being playful but i'm being dead serious)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Right....you were not happy that you looked awesomer than 50% of the entire playerbase.

You walked around people dressed as clowns in major cities and you were like, "whatever, i don't feel acomplished in any way or form"
    You were better than everyone else, still, you are so humble and a saint that you didn't notice how awesome you looked.
    You sir are a saint, we better call the Pope and ask for permission to deem you a saint of Azeroth.

(i'm being playful but i'm being dead serious)
    Look I don't care if I had to wield a dead fish, a broken plank while being a jester if I hit things harder and downed the boss. I realllllly didn't put a lot of stock in 'looking good' in Vanilla/TBC? Know why? Because you didn't always have control over what items you got, what you had to wear to meet bonuses and so on. Sometimes I had a complete set of gear on and it was whatever, my rogue didn't feel any better when he was doing it. And when I dropped the rogue to go druid full time I cared even less because of moonkin form.

I like Transmog because people can look how they want and I think it can make people look far more awesome than the clown suit wearing bullshit of the past.

I'm one of the stats > looks people. You'll never convince me that looking good was super important. The bosses didn't die in shock because I walked in like a badass in a slow motion walk with explosions behind me or some crap. They died faster because I was wielding a better weapon no matter how stupid it looked.

Deleted
    I like Transmog because people can look how they want and I think it can make people look far more awesome than the clown suit wearing bullshit of the past.
    And don't you think is messed up "you will never change your transmog until the game ends"?
    Don't you see the consequences of that desire, created by transmog?
    That means you will NEVER EVER AGAIN feel excited about a piece of gear in your life (looks wise)

I'm one of the stats > looks people. You'll never convince me that looking good was super important. The bosses didn't die in shock because I walked in like a badass in a slow motion walk with explosions behind me or some crap. They died faster because I was wielding a better weapon no matter how stupid it looked.
    People are a mistery, the simplest of things can improve their enjoyment in something.
    Prestige makes people happy, specially if you are a bit superficial (like most of us are, come on, we are all a little bit)

All i can do now is giving you examples of games with "Prestige Systems" that worked on myself and friends:
    1) Tekken 7: I joined a discord community of Tekken 7 and i wanted to be "cool" because...human nature.
    So i decided to get to the Gold Ranks...but i couldn't. I tried non stop. I practiced everyday and still i couldn't get it.
    Until yesterday, the practice payed off and i was able to get to gold ranks! I felt so happy and now i can show my face on discord happily and brag about my achievements.
    conclusion: The rank prestige system created a epic quest for me...and now i am happy

2)League of LegendsThis one is a bad example. It's just the story of a friend who got to Gold rank and decided to have a "god complex" and treat everyone else like trash and inferior to him.
    conclusion: Well....he is a son of a bitch...but we can't denny that he is HAPPY!
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-11 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Funny. 99% of you dont evern understand that vannila gear wasn prestigues becouse of it is color. numbers or even look. Gear had prestige becouse of what it took to get this gear. Story behind that gear is what made it awesome. When you saw someone in t2 or t3 you would reconize him as some one who raided naxx or bwl. Those were guys what saw and killed kelthuzad. No reward will become prestigue without proper good story behind it. Why you think mythic gear doesnt have any prestige? Becouse it is from content what everybody can kill in LFR. Just becouse yours have bigger numbers doesnt make it any more prestigues than my from LFR.
    And someone who doesn't happen to be your momma nor your dog gives a single fvck why exactly? You moved some pixels on the screen WAYS faster than the next pocked neckbeard!!! Congratulations, have a lollipop. If you insist on those pixels having a lot of meaning, you might end up with your RL rewards for anything never going above a lollipop.

Funny. 99% of you dont evern understand that vannila gear wasn prestigues becouse of it is color. numbers or even look. Gear had prestige becouse of what it took to get this gear. Story behind that gear is what made it awesome. When you saw someone in t2 or t3 you would reconize him as some one who raided naxx or bwl. Those were guys what saw and killed kelthuzad. No reward will become prestigue without proper good story behind it. Why you think mythic gear doesnt have any prestige? Becouse it is from content what everybody can kill in LFR. Just becouse yours have bigger numbers doesnt make it any more prestigues than my from LFR.
    You can get Mythic appearance pieces from LFR? Yeah we clearly aren't playing the same game here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You can get Mythic appearance pieces from LFR? Yeah we clearly aren't playing the same game here.
    No one cares about gear looks because of transmog though, that's the problem.

Hell you can even wait for the expansion to end to start farming Mythic sets of the previous expansion. And this is happening right now as we speak.

Hell even Kyanion said he has the same transmog since day 1 and he is never going to change it until the game ends. (like me)
    This means he will never ever get excited about a piece of gear in his life again. Forever.

Don't you see how this is messed up?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-11 at 02:17 PM.

And don't you think is messed up "you will never change your transmog until the game ends"?
    That means you will NEVER EVER AGAIN feel excited about a piece of gear in your life (looks wise)
    I would have had to feel excited in the first place over items appearances and I don't. So I don't have to worry about this situation of never being excited again or whatever you're going on about.

- - - Updated - - -

People are a mistery, the simplest of things can improve their enjoyment in something.
    Prestige makes people happy, specially if you are a bit superficial (like most of us are, come on, we are all a little bit)
    I cared about how I did in groups and raids. I cared about my performance and outdoing anyone else playing my spec. I don't care about looks because that does not change how hard I hit something. We all play for different reasons.

Deleted
    Hell even Kyanion said he has the same transmog since day 1 and he is never going to change it until the game ends. (like me)
    This means he will never ever get excited about a piece of gear in his life again. Forever.

Don't you see how this is messed up?
    No I don't. There's only so much excitement a mentally healthy person gets from a bunch of pixels and if it's mostly excitement about the stats, while visuals are taken care of otherwise, I see no problem at all. Some folks might sorely miss the days when they'd leave their toons logged in for the night in the capital so that the scrubs can look at their super awesome glory, but that's between them and their therapists, no need to deform the mechanics of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Some folks might sorely miss the days when they'd leave their toons logged in for the night in the capital so that the scrubs can look at their super awesome glory, but that's between them and their therapists, no need to deform the mechanics of the game.
    You, my brexit friend, are full of shit. Your char would become afk, then auto logged off by the server. So stop being blizz white knight, ty

If someone's reason for raiding is to get loot, then they'll make a shitty raider and I'd prefer they weren't in my raid.

Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    If someone's reason for raiding is to get loot, then they'll make a shitty raider and I'd prefer they weren't in my raid.
    Well I wouldn't want to be in your raids either? What you just like killing bosses over and over with no rewards at all? There is nothing wrong with wanting to raid for the loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buckflizz View Post
    You, my brexit friend, are full of shit. Your char would become afk, then auto logged off by the server. So stop being blizz white knight, ty

stop being blizz white knight, ty

stop being blizz white knight, ty
    You, my sweet merkellicking child, have made my day

Deleted
    Ofc you can. Just wait for latest patch or expansion and faceroll mythic ontent ez pz.

Who the hell keeps reviving this thread, jesus christ man.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    And someone who doesn't happen to be your momma nor your dog gives a single fvck why exactly? You moved some pixels on the screen WAYS faster than the next pocked neckbeard!!! Congratulations, have a lollipop. If you insist on those pixels having a lot of meaning, you might end up with your RL rewards for anything never going above a lollipop.
    You know what is funny? I have never had this type of items. I never was hardcore raider back in vannila or TBC. And yes i did gived *** about players what put effort. Just beocuse this is game doesnt make it any less rewarding than anything in your RL. Sorry mate people did cared about this. People like you what have their head in their *** any think only about themself are minority. You are pure example of what is wrong with this game. Community full of selfish lossers what only cares about themself and are pissed when there is someone much more sucesfull then they are. So they demand content to be cuttered for them seo they can fell special as players what put actual effort into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Still speaking for everyone eh? Sorry, having a tier set in Vanilla and TBC when content was current did nothing for me. It was just a means to an end of downing bosses and progressing with my guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, as someone that was wearing said 'prestigious' colored items but it didn't make me awesome or famous or start me a fan club. People didn't run up to get my autograph and thank god for that. Why can't some of you understand a simple concept: "Not everyone thought you were cool because you were standing around town in t2 or t3 or twhateverthefuck". Some may have but if you think it was ANY kind of majority of players you are out of your damned mind.

Jesus. It was a freaking set of items, big woopity do. Maybe in Everquest when you had to put a hell of a lot more effort into gearing than you ever did in WoW then maybe it might be something to care a little about..but no, not really.
    it isnt about items. It is about effort and time what players had to put into the game to get those items. Thats why it was so awesome to see someone in that gear. And no i wasnt that guy standing in og with t3. I was casual player but i had respect for players what put so much effort to raid in high end raids. And no it wasnt minority sir not at all. You were just one of those casuals like me but with 1 difference. You are pissed off when there is someone better than you. And instead of starting working on yourself you cry to game be cutttered for lil sctubs like us in order to feel better about yourself.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2017-07-11 at 04:12 PM.

Ofc you can. Just wait for latest patch or expansion and faceroll mythic ontent ez pz.
    You mean when the content is outdated? Great argument there.

Not like it was that way throughout the entirety of WoW? Are you really going to sit there and say people didn't rush through Molten Core with ease in T3 gear?

I will ask you again. Can you get a Mythic appearance from LFR? Yes or no.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-11 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted

Not like it was that way throughout the entirety of WoW? Are you really going to sit there and say people didn't rush through Molten Core with ease in T3 gear?

I'm not following you. Why is the argument of "getting the item when the expansion ends" a bad argument? Is what people do.

Not that it matters, because the market is already flooded with amazing transmogs.

Deleted

No. And who gives *** about mythic appearance anyway? Game is overflood with good looking gear anyway. Do you know when mythic gear will have value again? When mythic difficulty will be only difficulty in the game and when appearance of those items will be removed when content becomes absolote. Then and only then gear will have value and prestige again.

Deleted
    @Kyanion

I will just ask you this.
    If you were a game designer how would you "hook" and make people "addicted" to your game?
    There are strategies for this you know. Prestige is usually the main tactic (ex: MOBAS, Shooters, Card Games, Fighters etc)

By what you are saying i guess you would just make a game with good gameplay and call it a day.
    Wouldn't you want to make the gamers happy with their unique pixels? You need to know how to please a nerd man xD

I am a nerd

No. And who gives *** about mythic appearance anyway? Game is overflood with good looking gear anyway. Do you know when mythic gear will have value again? When mythic difficulty will be only difficulty in the game and when appearance of those items will be removed when content becomes absolote. Then and only then gear will have value and prestige again.
    Pretty much this. There is plenty of 'cool enough' looking gear in the game that can be had fairly easily. There are far too many other easier options in the game now for mythic gear to mean anything. Back in the day, when there was only one way of getting 'the cool stuff' it meant a lot more to have it. By giving everyone access to, mostly, everything in the game, Blizzard made high end gear much less sought after or cared about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Convenience- based changes have, bit by bit, removed the RPG aura of this game. Hierarchy is important, otherwise the very meaning of ROLE-PLAYING evaporates,

4 difficulties, gear inflation, quest director, transmog, dungeon finder are just some of the many reason the game is not what it was. This has fostered a greatly different community who likes how the game is now. But it's not a coincidence that the demand for classic servers and the players on these servers have increased exponentially during WoD and Legion.

And then they promised Legion will bring back the old WoW feeling, lol. You can't do that by retaining these awful convenience features and when everyone can feel epic in 25 mins.
    Agreed with everything. It seems we've heard the 'it will bring back the old wow feeling' a number of times now, and each time is fails miserably. Purely marketing, as they never had the intention to take the steps necessary to bring it back.