Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    You just counter-argumented yourself. You're right, it's time for another character to get the spotlight, that character being Sylvannas whom was JUST made the leader of the Horde. I'd like her leadership to last more than just 1 expansion, thanks.
    I think Sylvanas is one of the few factions leaders that received development over multiple expansions, she had her moments in Wotlk & Cata, played a minor role in MoP and is full force in Legion.

Sylvanas does not need more spotlight, as said above, Sylvanas being the figurehead leads to what i described, it becomes literally impossible to establish any other Forsaken character.

Aside from that, Sylvanas' position as Warchief remains whacky because her being Warchief makes the Horde no longer feel like the Horde, Sylvanas simply has a very different view on things than Orcs, Trolls and Tauren, the original Races of the New Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Also, it's not a joke, it's fact. I literally could not think of the dude's name. He has done nothing ever since he was introduced in TBC... .
    Have you even played MoP?

Because if you did, you ignored the entire 5.1 questchain, which is probably one of the few highpoints Warcraft Lore had in the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Well, considering that Vanilla was launched over a decade ago, i'd say it's time for some other characters also receive the spotlight.
    Which is why the Alliance still has all five of its Warcraft 2 Heroes, its Night Elf Faction leaders, all four Dwarf Faction leaders, the Gnome faction leader, the Worgen faction leader....

And you think it's the Forsaken that needs a change in leadership? The Alliance leadership is mostly the same as given.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Which is why the Alliance still has all five of its Warcraft 2 Heroes, its Night Elf Faction leaders, all four Dwarf Faction leaders, the Gnome faction leader, the Worgen faction leader....
    Worgen seem okay because there are at least some other characters around, like Lorna or Tess, at least there are some characters to fall back on once Genn goes 6 feet under.

For Night elves, yeah i'd agree, but Malfurion is very much riding the neutral train.

Night elves at the very least had some sort of leadership switch due Fandral.

Dwarves, that's just not right, Magni was your leader up until Cata, then the council took over, simply because these characters that make up the council were around previously, doesn't mean they need to be replaced.

Now compare that to the Forsaken, try to name a forsaken character who could possibly take over leadership if Sylvanas dies.

Sylvanas is the one and only Forsaken character who had any sort of impact on Warcraft lore, perhaps Putress but that guy turned traitor.

@Flarelaine You can provide tens of options but if they want to play undead they play undead. How about they come up with a story and all alliance is wiped out and only trolls live. Sorry gotta roll horde if you want to play. Same logic and more options. Can you imagine the rage? I may be narrow minded but you are flat out blind if you ever think people will gladly roll to other races after you wipe out their entire race. She and undeads will stay no matter how much your alliance fanboyism hate it. Technically impossible. I can wrap all the undead race story in books nicely. But we are talking about people actually playing undead. You cannot wipe their characters. You cannot force race change to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Sylvanas wont be a boss just because there isnt any important lore character on the Horde to be warchief anymore, outside of Bob who is happy with Sylvanas.
    I like Sylvanas, she's one of the few characters that remains extreme. Extreme = good characterization. Lukewarm = boring. She's one of the FEW reasons we even bother to have conflict between horde and alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post

And you think it's the Forsaken that needs a change in leadership? The Alliance leadership is mostly the same as given.
    Yeah Tyranda and Malfurion really needs to get a hut near the beach and just let some awesome commander take over

But to the point, Sylvanas is still around because her story was not really a thing undtil late Wrath and has been skipped over alot. Thrall was the main character of WoW for so long, so it is natural that he takes a break. Cairne and Vol'jins death were needed to create an emotional effect on the player(even though it might not have worked for most players), so their death is understandable aswell.

So why kill Sylvanas? She is without a doubt the most interesting character in the game right now. She is a dark grey character, who is proberly gonna do what is best for the horde, but will proberly take any tool in use during that process.... And what if we have a story-line, where she have to choose over giving glory and wealth to the forsaken or to keep the horde safe and growing. I hope that Blizzard will soon set Sylvanas in such a situation, because it will give a good scene where we see the inner works of sylvanases mind and finally see if she really wants to bear the burden of Warchief.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Sylvanas needs to die as a raid boss for OUR greater good. Horde has lost it's identity when non-orc characters started leading it. While there are no studies about it, I'm pretty sure we all can openly say that Thrall-less Horde is like a dark chocolate without cocoa.

Green Jesus needs to grow his balls back, get some testosterone rage injections and start swinging his lightning hammer again. All that ZEN mojo mumbo jumbo is not doing him any good. He was not born an ...ugh... caster but a fighter!

OR let Zul'jin reincarnate. That guy had some serious balls (unlike weakass Vol'jin).
    Last edited by mmoc70920841bc; 2017-07-11 at 09:26 AM.

Can we change name of the thread? It's fake and without any sources.

Deleted
    I'd happily resub to kick guts out of jaina, though

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If horde is loosing their female villain (And third warchief in a row) we should kill the alliances too.
    Of course! Please go ahead and kill as many Alliance Warchiefs and female villains as you want. If you find any, that is. Yes, I know it'll be hard after Lady Prestor - but at least you've had some already.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Of course! Please go ahead and kill as many Alliance Warchiefs and female villains as you want. If you find any, that is. Yes, I know it'll be hard after Lady Prestor - but at least you've had some already.
    Not that hard. As I've said: Jaina. As for warchief's there's just the high king (Which is basically the same thing): Anduin and I wouldn't want to rob you guys of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post
    I'd happily resub to kick guts out of jaina, though
    Ditto. I would grit my teeth through a horrible expansion just to kill that bitch on Mythic.

Not that hard. As I've said: Jaina. As for warchief's there's just the high king (Which is basically the same thing): Anduin and I wouldn't want to rob you guys of him.

Ditto. I would grit my teeth through a horrible expansion just to kill that bitch on Mythic.
    He said villain. Not someone you don't like because Horde players can't handle the truth. Can't wait to Kill Sylvanas though. Bitch has had it coming since Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Tensho14; 2017-07-11 at 04:53 PM.
    For the Alliance!

Threepeat Faction War Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    There is NO PROOF THAT IS SYLVANAS OR JAINA
    Varimathras has been Sylvanas's bitch from WC3 to WOTLK. Who is he more likely to be talking about? Common sense.
    Shattered mask is literally the forsaken logo. Also, Sylvanas/Jaina, it doesn't matter - they'll never be a raid boss. If either of them goes against us, they'll be killed off in a solo scenario at the end of a major zone questline with a cinematic and then tie into the remainder of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensho14 View Post
    He said villain. Not someone you don't like because your faction can't handle the truth.
    I main Alliance too: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...-dawn/silraena
    I've seen both sides of the story. The truth is obvious regardless of your faction.

Also last I checked massacring civilians because of the actions of one spy who wasn't loyal to them was pretty evil. Especially after hypocritically accusing them of breaking neutrality despite doing the same thing yourself a few minutes earlier.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-07-11 at 04:56 PM.

I main Alliance.

Also last I checked massacring civilians because of the actions of one spy who wasn't loyal to them was pretty evil. Especially after hypocritically accusing them of breaking neutrality despite doing the same thing yourself a few minutes earlier.
    Massacring civilians? That was Vareesa, not Jaina. Plus, when has Jaina ever been neutral? She's always been an Alliance character. Prior to MoP she advocated for peace however which is why she was willing to work with the Horde until they went full evil faction.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Massacring civilians? That was Vareesa, not Jaina. Plus, when has Jaina ever been neutral? She's always been an Alliance character. Prior to MoP she advocated for peace however which is why she was willing to work with the Horde until they went full evil faction.
    Jaina did it too. You can see her on the horde version stomping around Dalaran fireballing blood elf civilians who are being attacked by alliance troops. Some she ports some she kills.

Also Vereesa did so under her orders.

As the leader of a neutral faction she was neutral. She broke that neutrality by aiding Darnassus with the divine bell. Then flipped when the sunreavers apparently broke theirs.

Jaina did it too. You can see her on the horde version stomping around Dalaran fireballing blood elf civilians who are being attacked by alliance troops. Some she ports some she kills.

As the leader of a neutral faction she was neutral. She broke that neutrality by aiding Darnassus with the divine bell. Then flipped when the sunreavers apparently broke theirs.
    That's a known bug. She wasn't supposed to attack citizens and lorewise she didn't. She only ported them to the Violet Hold. Only Vareesa massacred citizens.

It was the Alliance, not Jaina and the Kirin Tor, who retrieved the Divine Bell in the first place so it was their right to put it wherever they want to. Plus, like I said earlier, Jaina is and has always been a pro-Alliance character who advocated for peace before the Horde's betrayal in patch 5.1. Helping keep the hands out of the hands of a warmongering tyrant who had a history of using superweapons was by far the more peaceful option to anyone with a brain.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a known bug. She wasn't supposed to attack citizens and lorewise she didn't. She only ported them to the Violet Hold. Only Vareesa massacred citizens.

It was the Alliance, not Jaina and the Kirin Tor, who retrieved the Divine Bell in the first place so it was their right to put it wherever they want to. Plus, like I said earlier, Jaina is and has always been a pro-Alliance character who advocated for peace before the Horde's betrayal in patch 5.1. Helping keep the hands out of the hands of a warmongering tyrant who had a history of using superweapons was by far the more peaceful option to anyone with a brain.
    Bug or not, she still let Vereesa get away with her crimes.
    The alliance could have put it wherever they wanted, sure. But as you say, Jaina wasn't Alliance, she shouldn't have gotten involved.

Bug or not, she still let Vereesa get away with her crimes.
    The alliance could have put it wherever they wanted, sure. But as you say, Jaina wasn't Alliance, she shouldn't have gotten involved.
    You mean like Aethas let Garrosh and the Sunreaver traitor get away with their crimes? If I'm not mistaken he got a completely undeserved redemption storyline for his efforts. Guess you can expect the same for Jaina although you don't have to redeem someone who has done no wrong.

Maybe you'll get to kill Vareesa. JK, no High/Blood Elf will ever be punished for doing something wrong. What is this, BC?

Did you even read what I said? I literally said Jaina was Alliance.
    Last edited by Tensho14; 2017-07-11 at 05:30 PM.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Varimathras has been Sylvanas's bitch from WC3 to WOTLK. Who is he more likely to be talking about? Common sense.
    Shattered mask is literally the forsaken logo. Also, Sylvanas/Jaina, it doesn't matter - they'll never be a raid boss. If either of them goes against us, they'll be killed off in a solo scenario at the end of a major zone questline with a cinematic and then tie into the remainder of the expansion.
    Common sense tells me that he did NOT mention any names.... Is he likely talking about Sylvanas? Maybe, but neither of us can say so for a fact since he didnt mention any names, for all we know he is referring to one of the maidens that tortured him that is the next boss in line.... hell I am taking just as big a wild stab as you are... who is more likely to be right... might be you, but fact remains WE DONT HAVE ANY CONCRETE PROOF since he doesnt mention any names... Until we get that proof, anyone can have a jab at speculating, no one gets hurt and every one has some fun.