Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    Well ...

I don't get why everone (clearly 98%) thinks we will get Kul'Tiras expansion, with Jaina etc.

Do the PTR script give us a hint? Sure
    Do the "gear" called belt_cloth_kultirasquest_b_01 give us a hint? Sure

The above information can be done in half a day if they wanted to, do anyone remember what everyone thought about: Blizzard-Trademarks-The-Dark-Below-WoW-or-D3-Expansion Because I do.
    The things they have done until now, has nothing to do with a new expansion, mark my words.
    I think we'll get something relating to the textures themselves at the very least. Maybe they named it Kul Tiras to mess with us but they wouldn't go through the trouble of making that art for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    If Nagas were to become a neutral playable race why not use the existing neutral Illidari ones from Legion? That seems like a natural progression from one expac to the next.
    That's exactly the thing, the Coilskar being allies of the Illidari is what makes the race a possibility now. But you get retards who don't know shit about game design, animation and modeling coming in here saying "Waaaah, Naga ain't bipedal so they can't be a playable race, waaaah"

It's just idiotic because they don't have any other argument against Naga so they play the one card they can (an outdated one) to make their own race of choice (often Ogre) seem more plausible.

I am a fan of Naga, I want them to be an actual player race but I doubt it'll happen, not because they're not* bipedal but simply due to the history they have with both factions, and I don't think the Coilskar would just up and join both factions for no reason.

I think we just have to realize that races such as Naga, Ogre, Ethereal and Gnolls are meant to be NPCs only, not player characters.
    Sub races are much more likely to happen because they're easier to create. And ontop of that, to make each content patch that much more interesting, they can include new sub races which in turn would cause a lot of people to resub to the game. We all know races and classes are the most exciting parts of each expansion.

Also judging from what we currently have, there's new horn and hairstyles for the Army of the light Draenei on Argus, and they don't create new hairstyles for generic guard NPCs, so that leads me to believe they're at least going to update the customization part for 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I think we'll get something relating to the textures themselves at the very least. Maybe they named it Kul Tiras to mess with us but they wouldn't go through the trouble of making that art for nothing.
    What are the chances of something new/related appearing in the next build?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    If they're doing this intentionally there's a chance. If they shipped those textures by accident it'll be very low because they'll be checking for it now.

Low I would say. I mean, someone at Blizzard probably saw this thread already, so they're aware that we're aware, and these bread crumbs they gave us were likely given on purpose. I guess it's all just hype until Gamescom, maybe we'll have a small other clue by then, but I wouldn't expect anything too significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we take old datamines as an example, you're more likely to see strings and/or texture stuff related to the pre-8.0 patch. In MoP we got an Iron horde texture and people said it was just for SoO but some of us claimed it was for the next expansion and we turned out to be right.

But I can't remember the last time we got a whole outfit, we don't know if that was a huge mistake on Blizzard's behalf or if they truly just put it in there to start the expansion hype, safe to say it did work. Now we're just stuck here coming up with our own ideas and listening to fake speculations and leaks.

But, the other theory is that these might be used at the end of 7.3 for an invasion like event for people to get "good enough catch-up" armor. In which case, we might actually see more.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    If we take old datamines as an example, you're more likely to see strings and/or texture stuff related to the pre-8.0 patch. In MoP we got an Iron horde texture and people said it was just for SoO but some of us claimed it was for the next expansion and we turned out to be right.

But I can't remember the last time we got a whole outfit, we don't know if that was a huge mistake on Blizzard's behalf or if they truly just put it in there to start the expansion hype, safe to say it did work. Now we're just stuck here coming up with our own ideas and listening to fake speculations and leaks.
    Exactly this. And they didn't just ship item textures, they also shipped inventory items. The actual sets aren't in the files yet but can easily be added later through hotfixes.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think we just have to realize that races such as Naga, Ogre, Ethereal and Gnolls are meant to be NPCs only, not player characters.
    not when ogres almost become playable in cataclysm, and when metzen and other devs said they want to see goblins ogres and nagas as playable races someday ( and we get goblins) so apart from all the struggles, there are chances for then, its just blizz to decide if they will or not

there is no like "oh my god this will never happen" or "this will definitely happen". to this point is 55% yes and 45% no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Low I would say. I mean, someone at Blizzard probably saw this thread already, so they're aware that we're aware, and these bread crumbs they gave us were likely given on purpose. I guess it's all just hype until Gamescom, maybe we'll have a small other clue by then, but I wouldn't expect anything too significant.
    For Legion it was announced 28th or 29th of July that the expansion could be seen at Gamescom which is in early or late August ( can't remember)
    So we'll have to wait 2-3 weeks to know for sure. I personally think we'll see it at gamescom because it worked so well when they did it back then.

That leaves the major content patches for Blizzcon which is also exciting stuff.

For those of you who missed it : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Next-Expansion

EDIT:

For Legion it was announced 28th or 29th of July that the expansion could be seen at Gamescom which is in early or late August ( can't remember)
    So we'll have to wait 2-3 weeks to know for sure. I personally think we'll see it at gamescom because it worked so well when they did it back then.

That leaves the major content patches for Blizzcon which is also exciting stuff.
    It was announced late july because the Gamescon was in early August (expansion was revealed on the 6th). This year, Gamescom is at the end of August, so if Blizzard follows the same pattern, it won't be announced until mid-August!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    not when ogres almost become playable in cataclysm, and when metzen and other devs said they want to see goblins ogres and nagas as playable races someday ( and we get goblins) so apart from all the struggles, there are chances for then, its just blizz to decide if they will or not

there is no like "oh my god this will never happen" or "this will definitely happen". to this point is 55% yes and 45% no
    Yes, there's a chance, I know that. But I don't think people should wait for it. Also, you have to remember the core team of Blizzard is no longer there. Metzen quit, Holinka and Tom Chilton is working on a secret project, and a few others also quit.

It leaves us with Ion, Alex and Chris who are the three "big" guys that are left. (I might've forgotten some other names but those are the ones I could think of).
    I think Legion and 8.0 are going to be to insanely different expansions, not due to the conflict that's going on with the Legion and possibly Azshara but on a feature side of things.

We already know the artifact system was a thing for Legion only and they're removing it afterwards, so we gotta see if they bring back the path of titan shit that was scrapped in WOTLK or if they come up with a replacement

- - - Updated - - -

For those of you who missed it : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Next-Expansion

EDIT:

It was announced late july because the Gamescon was in early August (expansion was revealed on the 6th). This year, Gamescom is at the end of August, so if Blizzard follows the same pattern, it won't be announced until mid-August!
    That's a cool find, surprised to see something go unnoticed this far into the expansion, that's actually amazing.

That's a cool find, surprised to see something go unnoticed this far into the expansion, that's actually amazing.
    It seems to be a thing Blizzard has enjoyed doing lately. The hidden apparence for Arcane Mages' artifact, the hidden mounts, what used to be "tinfoil hat theory" nowadays leads to actual rewards. I definitely think this is not a coincidence.

Although I own the Chronicles I have yet to touch them but I found this on the Internet:

So there we can see where N'zoth had his "realm". At least we now can make a connection between Kul'tiras and N'zoth because Kul'tiras is part of N'zoth's "part" of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to be a thing Blizzard has enjoyed doing lately. The hidden apparence for Arcane Mages' artifact, the hidden mounts, what used to be "tinfoil hat theory" nowadays leads to actual rewards. I definitely think this is not a coincidence.
    Yeah, I definitely hope they do this shit going forward, because it surely brings back the mystery feeling WoW used to have in Classic WoW.

And we have the Puzzle Box:

◾In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
    ◾In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    ◾Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
    ◾The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    ◾In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    ◾The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    ◾Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within.

What if Kul'tiras and Ny'alotha somehow merged?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Although I own the Chronicles I have yet to touch them but I found this on the Internet:

So there we can see where N'zoth had his "realm". At least we now can make a connection between Kul'tiras and N'zoth because Kul'tiras is part of N'zoth's "part" of the world.
    The way old Azeroth used to be during the black empire makes me hope that future expansions might let us experience another world's own black empire, because surely Azeroth is not the only world filled with old gods.
    Could let us see what it was like in the old days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And we have the Puzzle Box:

◾In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
    ◾In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    ◾Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
    ◾The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    ◾In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    ◾The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    ◾Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within.

What if Kul'tiras and Ny'alotha somehow merged?
    Ny'alotha is probably where we'll kill N'zoth, so I'd say that is a 9.2 or 9.3 raid depending on who we face first between him and Azshara.
    If we go by power, it's gonna be N'zoth last, but Yogg and Algalon were stronger than Arthas but yet we killed them before Arthas as it was HIS expansion.

Leads me to believe that N'zoth might be a 9.2 boss and then we kill azshara in 9.3 seeing as she's way more iconic and I think the center of such an expansion would be her and not N'zoth himself.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    At this point, with that Il'gynoth line resolved, it might be just me fighting against the idea of pirates and not accepting the truth.

FeelsBadMan.

That's exactly the thing, the Coilskar being allies of the Illidari is what makes the race a possibility now. But you get retards who don't know shit about game design, animation and modeling coming in here saying "Waaaah, Naga ain't bipedal so they can't be a playable race, waaaah"
    Funny thing is, Legion added quadrupedal type of Naga (brutes) so them pulling off bipedal ones is totally possible. Their argument is invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Funny thing is, Legion added quadrupedal type of Naga (brutes) so them pulling off bipedal ones is totally possible. Their argument is invalid.
    That too. Though those were giant brutes so I think we'd get much smaller ones, I wonder how they would look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrel View Post
    At this point, with that Il'gynoth line resolved, it might be just me fighting against the idea of pirates and not accepting the truth.

FeelsBadMan.
    Say the expansion truly is the South Seas, we get Kul Tiras, possibly Zandalar, Zin'ashari and the other locations around there.
    I would absolutely love it if we'd have a bloodsail buccaneer raid. I love Stranglethorn Vale due to it's exotic nature but also because it's such a cool balance between wildlife, trolls and pirates. Heck, there's even undead there, not to mention goblins.

I hope we get something like a series of zones that are all surrounded by ocean and we get our own ships that'll be our new customization stuff for that expansion. (Think a floating garrison or so just not instanced)

That would really make use of the sharding system and true open world that I feel WoW has been missing for many years now. Something like Black Desert where you can travel from place to place without loading screens.

Say the expansion truly is the South Seas, we get Kul Tiras, possibly Zandalar, Zin'ashari and the other locations around there.
    I would absolutely love it if we'd have a bloodsail buccaneer raid. I love Stranglethorn Vale due to it's exotic nature but also because it's such a cool balance between wildlife, trolls and pirates. Heck, there's even undead there, not to mention goblins.

I hope we get something like a series of zones that are all surrounded by ocean and we get our own ships that'll be our new customization stuff for that expansion. (Think a floating garrison or so just not instanced)

That would really make use of the sharding system and true open world that I feel WoW has been missing for many years now. Something like Black Desert where you can travel from place to place without loading screens.
    Can I get an Amen in here? I want this to happen so much, and now that this circle of stars theory is here, it gives me hope we could actually still have a south seas/ocean expansion.