7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And we have the Puzzle Box:

◾In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
    ◾In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    ◾Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
    ◾The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    ◾In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    ◾The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    ◾Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within.

What if Kul'tiras and Ny'alotha somehow merged?
    i think would be a waste, i imagine ny'alotha as an undewater, abyssal zone, between this world and the void world, who could be a nice zone/raid in a patch

this puzzle box made a big hype, it would be a shame if they don't do it something epic

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i think would be a waste, i imagine ny'alotha as an undewater, abyssal zone, between this world and the void world, who could be a nice zone/raid in a patch

this puzzle box made a big hype, it would be a shame if they don't do it something epic
    I expect something really big from N'yalotha, I hope this is more than just underwater zone. This will be Nazjatar.

I know that they won't probably do that, but I want to see crazy shit, something like Black Lodge from Twin Peaks. Maybe we literally will have to drown ourselves to get there?

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    For Legion it was announced 28th or 29th of July that the expansion could be seen at Gamescom which is in early or late August ( can't remember)
    So we'll have to wait 2-3 weeks to know for sure. I personally think we'll see it at gamescom because it worked so well when they did it back then.

That leaves the major content patches for Blizzcon which is also exciting stuff.
    Why would Blizzard announce their new expansion at Gamescom when they're under zero pressure to do so? The Legion announcement was a one off because of how awful WoD was. Legion is doing great, there's way more content now, and 7.3 will be out before Blizzcon also. They'll announce the next expansion at Blizzcon. Taking a huge announcement out of Blizzcon just to start the hype a few months earlier doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Why would Blizzard announce their new expansion at Gamescom when they're under zero pressure to do so? The Legion announcement was a one off because of how awful WoD was. Legion is doing great, there's way more content now, and 7.3 will be out before Blizzcon also. They'll announce the next expansion at Blizzcon. Taking a huge announcement out of Blizzcon just to start the hype a few months earlier doesn't make sense.
    Not so much Blizzard under pressure as Gamescon would be a nice place to announce the new WoW expansion, and Blizzcon is where they could give us more info. Legion's announcement cycle worked out just fine, and people at Blizzcon were pretty excited about getting more information about the new expansion.

Also we shouldn't forget that unlike previous years, Blizzard now has multiple popular IPs, with Overwatch taking over the planet, and Hearthstone being a popular cash-cow. If the rumor about a new Blizzard IP dropping is true, then Blizzard might want to use Blizzcon to highlight that new IP.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Huge annoucement on Blizzcon? You mean 15 minutes on opening ceremony? Blizzard have many games now, WoW is just as important as Overwatch or Hearthstone (and even less popular HoTS, Starcraft and Diablo get their time). Rest panels will be closed for most people without a ticket.

Gamescom 2015 reveal was desperate move, but it turned out great. Solid 1 hour reveal panel (free for everyone), then a lot of speculations in community (hype rises) -> cinematic on opening ceremony -> lot of info on closed panels (people are hyped and waited for some info 2 months, so more buy ticket) -> pre-purchase avaiable (again, more hype=more buy it first day) -> Alpha. We had always something to wait for since reveal to launch day, Legion marketing was really good, all attention was focused on beta instead of bad state of live game.

I don't know if Gamescom reveal will happen. But this is better option for them. I think if they will be ready - they will do it.

And it won't diminish hype for rest of Legion, 7.3 will be close to launch, 7.3.5 will be small patch and if there will be 7.4, it won't have Legion theme, but rather serve as bridge to next expac. In events like this they talk about stuff we don't know - for example on last Blizzcon, we didn't hear a single word about Nighthold, despite that it released two months later.

10+ Year Old Account

Official HYPE thread now. Here we go everyone

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Official HYPE thread now. Here we go everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    P.S. I consider anything less than 5000 pages an abject failure on all your parts.

OMG yes! OP saw my PM! Yaaaaaaassssss!

P.S. I consider anything less than 5000 pages an abject failure on all your parts.
    We'll make you proud!

10+ Year Old Account
    Our.....hypeusade.....willl........prevail.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    OMG yes! OP saw my PM! Yaaaaaaassssss!
    Errrrr, he may have, but you can't change titles on threads once they are posted....unless you are a moderator.

Quite lucky that I am one, so I could change it.

Errrrr, he may have, but you can't change titles on threads once they are posted....unless you are a moderator.

Quite lucky that I am one, so I could change it.
    Oh, I thought he asked you to do so cause I sent him a message asking to get a mod to change it hehe! Well, it is changed anyway, so thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    If they're doing this intentionally there's a chance. If they shipped those textures by accident it'll be very low because they'll be checking for it now.
    New build going up, lets hope we get something interesting/revealing.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    All aboard the hype train, choo choo!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    New build going up, lets hope we get something interesting/revealing.
    Will keep an eye out. Build should be processed automatically on my end so will have diffs somewhat quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrel View Post
    At this point, with that Il'gynoth line resolved, it might be just me fighting against the idea of pirates and not accepting the truth.

FeelsBadMan.
    Pirates isn't necessarily a bad thing. Could be a MoP style expansion with what appears to be a lighthearted theme with pirates and sailing and whatnot, but much more nuanced and deeper as the expansion progresses.

Is the build going on PTR right now? How long does it usually take to datamine stuff from a build? Sorry for those questions, I just know very little about datamining when it comes to videogames.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Will keep an eye out. Build should be processed automatically on my end so will have diffs somewhat quickly.
    Yay! I love this time of.. hmm period of 2 years? xD

It's not really interesting what we get in 7.3 as much as if the next builds have any stuff hidden that are related to the next expansion :P

Can we beat the Legion hype thread? That was a huge one!