Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Maybe in terms of lore we can absorb their power its effects become baseline, lore wise that makes sense i guess rather than them just being pointless, it would also let us keep our weapons to wield physically and allow us to wield other weapons without apower loss.
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2017-07-10 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    Can i have my weapon back please?

As we all know our artifact weapons aint going forward into the next xpac and it got me wondering how blizz is gonna handle this lore shattering weapons?

Then i see this quote from Alleria Alleria Windrunner: There may come a day when I will have need of my family weapon once again. and it got me thinking our we gonna have to hand over our weapons back to established lore NPCs?

For example could Turalyon want the ashbringer, could thrall want his doomhammer back, could Garona want her kingslayers?

Or is our artifact weapons doomed to rot in our bags or bank spaces forever and ever amen?

Thoughts?
    They'll be used lore wise in some way against the legion that means giving them up, probably to seal the gateway between argus and azeroth is my bet.

I doubt we'd give them to another person, take your doom hammer one as an example, no point in that going back to thrall as the elements 'dont answer as they once did' since garrosh or something along those lines

Ingame wise no chance they are being taken off us, that would be a stupid move on blizzards part

If they end the artifact weapons, whatever traits you unlock will not carry over. AP progression system is hit to them, because people played more. So there will be another progression skill tree whatever.

Personally I wish they keep the weapons like it is, easier to make new skins.

Pretty sure they'll be destroyed to close Illidans portal in the next exp pre launch quest chain tbh. Or something akin to that. Quicker and cleaner than having a custom end for each weapon.

I hope they get destroyed.
    I really liked the artifact system just wish we didn't have such lore important weapons.

I wish on next xpack we can craft our own artifacts and we get to name them and choose their appearance.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be awesome if in the next expansion our characters become outlaws and criminals and we are stripped of our artefact weapon, as if we are framed or wrongly committed.

Otherwise would seem pretty lame to just hand over our weapons for no reason.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather see them destroyed in some fight (lorewise of course, since gameplay requires you to keep your weapon). I see no lore reason to use any weapon besides the Ashbringer.

Personally I just hope that Blizzard has the foresight to use Xal'atath in an interesting way in the upcoming N'Zoth expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

This just doesn't work at all for many classes. Like warriors, shamans, paladins, deathknights and huntards. This essentially only works for pure casters, druids, emo huntards and with some bending rogues.
    Wat? what exactly doesnt work? D:
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    Can i have my weapon back please?

As we all know our artifact weapons aint going forward into the next xpac and it got me wondering how blizz is gonna handle this lore shattering weapons?

Then i see this quote from Alleria Alleria Windrunner: There may come a day when I will have need of my family weapon once again. and it got me thinking our we gonna have to hand over our weapons back to established lore NPCs?

For example could Turalyon want the ashbringer, could thrall want his doomhammer back, could Garona want her kingslayers?

Or is our artifact weapons doomed to rot in our bags or bank spaces forever and ever amen?

Thoughts?
    Lmao. So we, the established heroes, go through all the work of unlocking the entire hidden potential of these artifact weapons (the potential no other wielder of said weapon has ever even remotely achieved.) then we hand them back like it's nothing?

I didn't realize the players were an artifact weapon powerleveling service for lore npcs.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I liked the artifact weapon system. It cut down one part of farming i.e. looking for a good weapo, which can be a colossal bitch when other classes can wield it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuZWw View Post
    Wat? what exactly doesnt work? D:
    Merging all your weapons into a single one.
    Tank warriors need shields and 1h weapons, fury and arms 1 or 2 2h weapons. Same for Paladins, only holy can use what ever to heal with, really. Deatknights need a 2h weapon for blood or unholy and frost is now hard coded to be only usable with dualwielding 1h weapons. 2 hunter specs use ranged weapons, one now needs a 2h melee weapon. Shamans could work I guess, they could give you dual wielding weapons which would be usable for all specs (if they'd allow that for restro/elemental as well, though afaik currently it's not supported.

Merging all your weapons into one weapon type would not work.

Edit: Never mind, I missed the "per spec" part, but then why would I merge all weapons together to get 3 again, that'd be kinda pointless.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-07-11 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I didn't like the treatment Frostmourne got. Dual-wielding the remains of it and doesn't even look good. :<
    Yeah, it was a bad idea. Also DW looks stupid on a Death Knight.

Well we will be fighting 2 titans? Aggramar and Argus? So how about the usual infusion of immense power at the end of the fight, where we strike a killing blow at Argus and our weapons shatter, killing him.

I'd personally prefer coming back to Azeroth and having the Naga/N'zoth up, we are going to investigate on a Ship and get assaulted by tentacles
    so we basically drown and lose consciousness, when we wake up, we are in an underwater zone and our weapons are gone forever, N'zoth just ate them or something.

Problem is, this is 100% the intro to Vash'jir xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    So true. The desigsn themselves aren't bad, they all would look awesome as 2h swords (the hidden skin pretty much is halfway there anway )

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    A-yup. Up until this expansion I used two-handed Frost spec on the Death Knight of mine. Sure hope next expansion they will make it a reliable thing again and not force us to stick to dual-wielding. x_x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Beginning of next expac: Absorb the power of your artifact, bestowing its "power" onto you, giving you a dumbed down traits system and *New AP type* to grind. The weapons themselves become inert, either trophies or returned to their original owners hands/graves. Weapons are a drop again, and the better types will augment your traits.

It's a continuation of the AP/artifact concept while providing room to focus on something new to push the expansion. It won't happen, but it would be cool.
    The horror of introducing talent ranks that will be grindable after finishing leveling.
    Lets hope it remains a bad dream