Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It seem far more likely this was added because N'Zoth was talked about during Cataclysm and it seemed likely he was going to be in that expansion before they arbitrarily decided not to include him, but still have a heavy Old God presence.

Nowhere in the PTR files was it shown that this was just added into a skybox. In Deepholm of all places, considering N'zoth's prison was pretty far from the Well of Eternity, much closer to the eventual Eastern Kingdoms and right around where Vashj'ir was.
    Deepholm is a fair point. I'm not that well versed but I don't really see what it has to do with Old Gods aside from Elemental fuckery when they fought.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    While I'm not sure I believe this is an N'zoth thing, those patterns sure look like they are intended to be tentacles. Would be pretty insane if they left this there since Cata knowing this would be it's purpose one day.

Interesting stuff, but we just had a whole expansion on a small set of islands (basically)...

... are having another one straight after this one, once again, on a small set of islands?
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people just not thinking things through? They obviously didn't create that in Cata to use it 3 expansions later, they are using it NOW as a segueway to hint as to where they would use N'zoth (Or whoever else).

They thought, ''Hmm we need something to hint his location in a riddle, oh this is a good one.'' when they were writing Ilgynoth, not in 2011 when a few artists thought it would look nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Interesting stuff, but we just had a whole expansion on a small set of islands (basically)...

... are having another one straight after this one, once again, on a small set of islands?
    I'd be okay with that but only if they actually feel like islands. Broken Isles kinda just feels like a solid continent :/

The Kul Tiras flag is not a circle of stars.

Do I think it's wild to speculate that a skybox from Cataclysm could have included a hint towards N'zoth's location? No, as the visual is there and we've certainly had wilder speculation with much less. I'm not convinced that the graphic is linked to N'zoth, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post

While it may be called the Broken Isles, the zones themselves are all one landmass with the exception of the Broken Shore. Otherwise, only Azsuna is separated by a small river, which doesn't exactly give the impression of a "small set of islands."

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Are people just not thinking things through? They obviously didn't create that in Cata to use it 3 expansions later, they are using it NOW as a segueway to hint as to where they would use N'zoth (Or whoever else).

They thought, ''Hmm we need something to hint his location in a riddle, oh this is a good one.'' when they were writing Ilgynoth, not in 2011 when a few artists thought it would look nice.
    Storywriters thinking ahead is not a revolutionary concept.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Yeah clearly they put in a vague Deepholm skybox in 2011 to hint at N'zoth in 2018.

OR they put in a vague Old God-looking thing in the skybox of a zone in an expansion with a heavy Old God presence.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah clearly they put in a vague Deepholm skybox in 2011 to hint at N'zoth in 2018.

OR they put in a vague Old God-looking thing in the skybox of a zone in an expansion with a heavy Old God presence.
    This might sound wild as shit to some of you, but there is a chance they intended to use it back then (cata being old-god heavy as fuck) only to scrap whatever idea they had. Why not re-use it at a later stage if it makes sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Having the ''We must rebuild the Final Titan'' voice line in MoP from that Wrathion quest is thinking ahead, the Green Fire questline that hinted at Illidan being alive is another one, the Alleria arrow in WoD, etc.

A nice looking skybox that has literally no ties to anything is not. They looked at what to use as a quote for I'llgynoth and decided the skybox was a good one, thats it.

Before Warcraft Chronicles, the common understanding was that N'Zoth was imprisoned beneath the Maelstrom (there were even people who believed that the Rift of Aln was right there with him). IMO this skybox is just witness to an old bit of lore that was retconned long ago.

Deleted
    Asdhuashduahsd "DROWING" ???

How?? with an anchor? topkek

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151709/r...elslate-anchor

ah...ok

Flavor Text

"Jam-packed with enough weight to send a kraken to the ocean floor!"

This might sound wild as shit to some of you, but there is a chance they intended to use it back then (cata being old-god heavy as fuck) only to scrap whatever idea they had. Why not re-use it at a later stage if it makes sense?
    That's fine then if they want to reuse something. But that isn't what people are saying.

People are pretending they had this in 7 years ago to hint at N'Zoth in 8.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    A nice looking skybox that has literally no ties to anything is not. They looked at what to use as a quote for I'llgynoth and decided the skybox was a good one, thats it.
    We don't even know if THIS is true.

Its just an arbitrary skybox from an Old God expansion that people found 6 years later and are dredging up and pretending is relevant again.

Deleted
    Well tbh I'm quite sure that Wow Devs had some "Oda Foreshadowing" ideas, like dunno "we hint this NOW but INTRODUCE 3 years from now"

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's fine then if they want to reuse something. But that isn't what people are saying.

People are pretending they had this in 7 years ago to hint at N'Zoth in 8.0.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't even know if THIS is true.

People are just pretending it is.
    Yes, I agree that this was probably not their intention back then. More likely than anything (if it's anything at all) they decided to use something they already had floating around when they created the red blob.

Yes, I agree that this was probably not their intention back then. More likely than anything (if it's anything at all) they decided to use something they already had floating around when they created the red blob.
    Although we should point out that Blizzard has done nothing with this skybox. Its not like they are pointing to it or directing people to talk about it or anything. I think we're assuming this for some reason when in, fact it's the opposite. People just discovered this thing that's been in the game for 6 years and are spreading it around as if its suddenly relevant because of a single EXCEPTIONALLY vague (Even for the Old Gods) quote from Il'gynoth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Well tbh I'm quite sure that Wow Devs had some "Oda Foreshadowing" ideas, like dunno "we hint this NOW but INTRODUCE 3 years from now"
    3 years, yes, since they're developing the expansion then. Not 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    World of Warcraft is chocked full of wild, obscured hints and riddles.

It's not as outlandish as you imply. Fans do get crazy with speculation at times.

Do we know for sure the skybox was this way in Cata? Perhaps it was changed?
    Its also filled with cool shit for the sake of being cool like the gundrak dungeon snake tail.

Deleted
    Well they had DH to be introduced in TBC but then decide to pull off, we don't know how many years some thing in-game have been "foreshadow" tbh.

There are a lots of thing/ideas scrapped or pulled off since vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Do we know for sure the skybox was this way in Cata? Perhaps it was changed?
    There was no change to the Deepholm skybox in the files in Legion. Apparently its part of the Shaman Class Hall at some point, even though I can't find it on my own Shaman, but I'll go ahead and assume this is true. And it probably makes sense due to the Maelstrom literally sitting on top of Deepholm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Its also filled with cool shit for the sake of being cool like the gundrak dungeon snake tail.
    Or was referencing the Old God expansion that this zone showed up in, Cataclysm. :P

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So this is trending on WoW reddit right now: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...n_a_circle_of/

So what do you think? Is this mystery finally solved?

Here's an edited picture on which tentacles are more visible:

Originally posted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...le_of/dk2u56n/

Also in old Warcraft 2 manual, Kul Tiras flag shows circle of stars:

It was also pointed out in wow reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...t&utm_name=wow
    This seems pretty solid. Kul Tiras seemed a bit out of place as content, but this would appear to explain it. Interesting! Time will tell.